The State of the World

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Blinky969, Jul 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Mummy, a... a very very big version of Grossenschwaum just ported in near the fleet...

Genamiri, you have some VERY unusual friends.

Good. He might keep Maximus busy for a while. Tisianne, can you ask Zabb to set up a diversionary pattern?

Of course, but why do you need me to...?

I... I burnt out my projection ability. I don't think I'll be able to project for quite some time, if at all...

Contacting five and a half billion people at once can do that to a girl...

We need to set down somewhere, and one of my trading stations is on the second moon. We'll hide there for a while.

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Blinky was about to call in to Grossenschwaum when he blinked onto radar. And sonar. And em scanning. And the solar registry.

Blinky had to bite his lip to keep from laughing in the middle of the command meeting, all of his officers anxiously looking at the blinking yellow dot with fear and apprehension, while Blinky knew that it would only be Maximus' fleet that was suffering, not Earth.

He'ld met the crew in the past hour, as images of him dead filled the airwaves. There were parties and celebrations all over the country. In lieu of what wasn't assumed to be the end of the world, the military had been allowed back into San Diego, and the rest of southern California was slowly following.

Maximus had caused alot of damage, but this wasn't over by a long shot. The flight crews prepped in the hangers. The flagship, no longer going by the generic name of Q-7, instead christened the Redemption, was to be joined by two smaller vessels, of no where near the power, but each formidable in its own right. Q-3s by design, Thor and Loki had both been tested at least prior to today. If Redemption was the battleship, that duo were no less than destroyers each, no smaller than two aircraft carriers stacked atop of each other, while Redemption was almost a mile long, and as wide as three city blocks, and thicker than one.

His men said that they had some method of getting these into orbit with no one noticing, but Blinky doubted it. They might fool some idiots by saying it was a weather balloon, or (a little better) a missile fired at Iran or something, but anyone with half a brain and a scanner or two would see Blinky's re-entrance. The main part of his battle strategy had been worked around that not mattering.

An excellent choice in crews Miho. They're new, but they'll work. I want you to do one last thing for me before takeoff... Scan the area between Mars and Earth. I know it'll take a few minutes, but I want the call number for every ship marked, flagging the ones that are allied with Maximus. No one's swapping sides midfight, plus we'll be able to track anyone who runs. Even if he does get away today, we'll sweep his little fleet out from under him.

3. Maximus

Maximus New Member

The Martian Defense Forces engaged Xiao and the sudden appearance of a strange-looking version of Grossenschaum.
    4000 assorted planetary guns began firing in massive rapid succession, turning the blackness of space into a light storm of red and yellow lasers raining out indiscriminately at anything in its path. Friendly fire took out three refueling ships that got in the way, a flash of fire and a soundless explosion the only evidence of their former existence. Meanwhile, the fleet emerged out of cloak, fully shielded, and launched a secondary strike against the enemy fleet from its left flank. 400 attack planes raced from their carriers and engaged the fleet, hitting any target of opportunity, with the primary mission to disable the bridge of the ship first. If the craft was damaged, the robotically controlled ship would Kamikazi itself into the nearest enemy ship.

The main fleet dispersed into highly maneuverable attack formations, far enough apart to avoid getting blasted in masse, but seperated enough to still defend one another. Four Battlestars engaged Grossen directly, turned on thier side, they focused all thier guns on him, over 400 total of various sizes from high-speed movement-tracking vulcan laser cannons to huge 18" heavy plasma-shock main guns shooting explosive rounds capable of demolishing a 10-story building in one shot. The Lizard would have something noteworthy to play with.

The second moon of Mars opened up all its ballistic silo's and fired nuke after nuke into the enemy fleet. Friendly fire occured, but since the majority of the ships caught up in the carnage were robotically piloted, it was of no consequence.

The space war could be seen from Earth, which sparked religious fanatics to announce the world was about to end. Perhaps they were right.

Back on Earth, 75 Abrams tanks commanded by Colonial Sinclair homed in an the false base, intent on destroying BTB once and for all. Colonial Sinclair came into Maximus' service 20 years previously. She had been camping alone in the woods, when a group of gang-bangers had attacked her and tried to have their way with her, cutting her face when she resisted. Maximus had been nearby, plundering a silver mine that he'd found a year previously when he heard her screams for help. Without thinking, he'd set himself singlehandedly upon the attackers and killed them all. She had sworn allegiance to him, and in exchange he funded her college expenses and implanted her into the Army Officer Corps, specifically for this purpose.
    Remembering her pledge to him, she was about to repay her debt. The tanks began firing at the false base, attack helecopters emerged from behind some hills and race in for the kill. The one-sided battle lasted only fifteen minutes, and then the guns fell silent.

Meanwhile, the majority of the world leaders had assembled on Harmony Island, prepared to start the DIP summit. They waited anxiously for Maximus to appear. All camera's were pointed skyward, when a small landing craft appeared from the heavens, painted white with an emblem of a black flag with a red sphere on it crossed with the UN flag. On either side was painted peace doves with olive branches in their mouthes. In bold words on the side, Two worlds, One system, United together. The ship landed on a raised platform and the crowd of dignitaries applauded loudly, reporters cheered and pointed excitedly. This would be the moment when everything changed!

Directly overhead, a single Battlestar from the First Fleet of Mars emerged from cloak, fired off everything in its arsonal at Harmony Island, and then slipped quietly back into cloak and then slipped away in silence.

The lasers, explosive plasma-charges, even the tracers for the vulcan cannons had been changed to a blight blue color, and resembled Grossens laser that had painted the skys red not long ago. The center of the blast was Maximus' decorated landing craft, but it didn't matter. So much firepower had been focused on one small spot, that nothing remained on the island except scorched Earth. The blast had been so powerful that a 20 foot Tsumani had radiated away from the island, capsizing smaller ships that had come to witness the biggest moment in human history, and had somehow survived the blast itself. A few larger tankers and military ships also survived with heavy casualties, many of the crew blinded by the brilliant light.

With very few exceptions, the majority of the worlds leaders ceased to exist.

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I want lift off in 5! Miho, what's the status of those scans?

The pace was picking up. The majority of the world's leadership, excluding the Lords of course, had just been vaporized, and a new crater was filling with water in the North Pacific.

All ships of size and range to escape the system have been tagged. Counting no ships of class with the Redemption except the five battlestars. Maximus' Valkerie is also a threat. His fighters outnumber ours 1.2 to 1, but appear to be mechanically controlled. The computers deciphering algorithmic behaviors as we speak, and we'll upload them to the pilots. It appears they have a tendancy to kamikazee attack when disabled.
    I only read four battlestars, where's the other one.
    It's cloaked inside of the Earth's atmosphere.
    Cloaked? How the hell do you cloak a battlestar?

Blinky brought up the hologram of Earth on his display on the bridge of the Redemption. A large battlestar shaped thunderstorm appeared on the meteorological map rising from the Northern Pacific Ocean.

When this is over, someone call the National Weather Service and tell them they're fucking idiots.

Blinky flipped another switch and the ship fell silent as the intercom switched on.

Ladies, gentlemen, crew of the Q-7 Class Command Ship Redemption. Today we are about to engage in the battle for the future of Earth. If we lose today, everything we know and love may be changed, even more than it already has been by the dark forces that threaten us. But we will not lose. Our foes may be many, but you are the best humanity can muster, and better than anything I might have hoped for. I've already reviewed Lieutenant Commander Miho's reports.

Miho's eyes widened as she looked over towards Blinky, who shot her barely a glance in recognition of her promotion.

Your skill is unrivalled. Your bravery is unquestionable. The opponents we fight today are mere machines, unthinking robots. Do not underestimate them. But they underestimate you. Let them learn the error of their thinking. Gentlemen. Let's fly.

Blinky flipped the com off to the sounds of ten thousand expertly trained marines and air force pilots chanting in unison.

S..sir?

Miho looked at him a little catiously.

Yes, Miho?
    Sensors indicate a large number of planetary-based defenses are active upon Mars. Course of action?
    Keep the ion cannon warm, and be prepared to reroute auxillary shield and engine power to the cannon as we near Mars.

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Wolfsbane protected Xiaos' allied ships as much as he could, providing them with chakral barriers to deflect enemy fire. In the midst of it all, he suddenly felt Maximuses aura.
    He could reach him now. He could actually get close to him.

He made a quick decision.

Xiao, thanks for the ride. I'm off to my battle with Maximus now. I wish you the best of luck in yours.

And with that, he disappeared with a faint -pop- and a wisp of smoke.

He reappeared again two metres behind Maximus, but this time definetly without the -pop- and the wisp; he wanted to be as descrete as possible.
    With one quick fan of chakra-sharpened kunai-daggers, he dispersed Maximus's body guard and then, even as the fan was sent away, he prepared The Glare.

Maximus!he cried, I have come to end your madness! Prepare for your ultimate judgement, you foul spawn of Dwarven heritage! Die!

Wolfsbane prepared a chakral barrier, to shield of any retalitation, around himself. Then, he unleashed the, this far, never seen, full power of The Glare. The room trembled. Computer screens started to crack and the electrical system was failing. Wolfsbanes eyes turned first silver, then absolutely white, and then his eyes started to shine with anti-light*, illuminating the entire room.
    The entire base was, for a few seconds, drowned in the anti-light.

*Darkness is not anti-light; it is merely the abscense of light. Anti-light is what you find on the other, far side of darkness, and it ain't pretty.

6. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Wolfsbane's valiant attack on Maximus was slighly misguided, for the decoy left behind with the Mars fleet seemed to have done its job quite well. The real Maximus had left Martian orbit many days ago, with the First Fleet of Mars and headed for Earth, nearly Fourty Thousand miles away.

The decoy, turned and faced Wolfsbane, and then began to laugh. *Bzzttt* Ah, my dear Wolfsbane, I have been expecting you for some time. The Cow who wears the corpses of his bretheren as a jacket, most ... amusing. Unfortunately, your time here is at an end. Thank you for playing. Game over! At that instant, the decoy lunged out and grabbed the Cow in a bear-hug and squeezed him with all that its 100 pounds-per-square-inch servo motor arms would allow, and the 100 kiloton fussion core bomb within its chest cavity began a very short countdown. The blast would disintegrate the small shuttle they were in and disappear with a poof of smoke.

The peoples of the Earth were in turmoil, chaos ruled the streets everywhere, and Martial Law was established in most of the countries of the world as disgruntled Generals turned into petty Dictators over night. Lawless Gangs emerged from nowhere to rule the streets, looting and killing at will. The criminal underground was suddenly very prominent and established a loose prison-style order in every major city. Then the television started to work again ...

Oh my goodness, its terrible!, pleaded a woman reporter into a camera, her hair messed up and blood trickling from her forehead. I'm here near whats left of Harmony Island, with the last survivor. He was shielded from the majority of the horror unleashed by the dreaded Grossenshwaum Lizard who torched the skys and attacked Tokyo recently. We now have it on reliable information that he is the one behind this attack! Here's the view from our news-chopper only hours ago- An image of grossen (sort of) was seen descending out of the clouds, wings flapping and claws outstreatched, when a massive blue bolt fired out of his mouth and destroyed the island. The lizard let out a classic Go-Zilla shriek. The reporter came back on, standing next to Maximus who was at this very minute climbing from the ruins of a beige ship Maximus, thank goodness your all right! As the only remaining leader left alive, what are we to do?, she sounded like she was reciting a script. This is a horrible tragedy that has occured here today, by these hated terrorists who only want to hurt our children and destroy our way of life! As such, It is my duty as the last remaining leader of free peoples everywhere to help the best I can. To begin with, I will deploy peace keeping forces to assist your local and national services restore order. As we speak, relief workers are already being deployed worldwide to help with recovery efforts. Also, you may see armed cyborg troops patrolling the streets to restore order and to protect you from the monsterous terrorists like BTB (Blinky The Bear) and GTL (Grossen The Lizard). Cooperation is mandatory in these unsettling times. To ensure that local and national governments can safely and effectively regain control, I will personally oversea the interim world government until you are again ready to govern yourselves.
    With that the transmission ended. It had been directly beamed to the headquarters of every major news network with enough power to override any broadcast. The staged transmission was a success. Maximus had never left earth orbit, but had sent down a small ship with a homing beacon to help focus the Battlestar's awesome destructive power.

The cloaking devices worked by bending light around itself, allowing objects to appear exactly as they would if the ships weren't there. If the craft were to remain in one place, detection would be almost impossible, with only the keenest eye being able to pick up the ships during movement. To compound the problem, they were radar/sonar, infared, and untraviolet resistant, so those technologies didn't work well either. The only limitation to these cloaking devices is that the ships needed to come out of cloak to do anything other than move, like shooting or deploying troops, leaving them completely visable to all forms of detection.

All around the world, 600 dropships de-cloaked from orbit around the Earth and raced toward the ground like meteors, only slowing 1000 feet above the ground where they slowed drastically and settled onto the ground. Immediately, over 500000 terminator cyborgs armed with gausian machine guns began streaming out into the streets and cities everywhere, saying in a pleasant voice, Your cooperation is Mandatory. Have a nice day!
    Each was painted gloss black, with a red sphere on its chest, and they all had beady little evil red eyes. Anybody who interfered with the bots was instantly disintegrated.

7. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane smiled evilly as the decoy was totally disintegrated by his chakra shield. Then, instead of directing The Glare on what he thought had been Maximus, he directed it straight at Maximuses fleet.

How sad, Maximus, he replied to the real Maximus, through his chakra, Of you to so fully misjudge my powers. Do you really think this cjanges anything at all? The only thing you've done, dwarf, is to anger me even further.

And then, with the irresistable anti-light from The Glare, the entire fleet directed at Wolfsbanes scuttle disappeared and disintegrated, from the ships pure fear from the light. Even atoms can be scared, and the ones Wolfsbane directed The Glare at definetly was, now.

Wolfsbane smiled even more widely, and added:

Unfortunetly for you, dwarf, you made another old, typical mistake: you connected me. Now I know where you are. I'm coming for you, Max, and you might just want to pray to Alberich that I'll kill you quickly. See you soon.

And with that, Wolfsbane disapeared from the now shredded shuttle with a, when now in mid-space, soundless -pop- and an invisible wisp of smoke.

And, he added when he reappeared, It's fake leather. Just thought you'd know, before you die.

8. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Wolfsbane overestimated his own power, and when he switched his Glare to the fleet, was successful in only destroying seven ships, to include one of the carriers, who's shields had been damaged. The same force within the shielding that prevented physical damage also resisted jamming, EMP, hostile electronic transmissions, and other non-standard attacks. As such, they prevented sweeping annihilation without more concentrated effort.

Back on the Command ship, Maximus informed his fleet that they should turn on the shielding function that prevented teleportation into or out of the ships. It was an experimental function that worked rather effectively, but there was no telling what would happen to something that tried anyways, but it was suspected to be something quite terrible, like having ones molecules scattered into a thousand different locations. The First Fleet near Earth was quick to initiate the function, but many within the Second Fleet were too busy fighting to hear the command.

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Blinky! Drop ships uncloaking on the ground! Terminator bots are everywhere! There must be a half million!
    Will you stop yelling, I'm already on that.
    Wait... what?
    Miho, this is exactly why you're an apprentice, learn from this. Your orders are to go fight near the air war near Mars. Do what you feel is best. Of course Maximus was a decoy, he's on Earth now. If I had been faced by half a million robots on Earth, I'ld be tempted to use you, and this ship, and lose you both, to stop them. I've just reminded myself of my other options. And though I'm loathe to admit it, boxing myself into this corner is probably my best bet.
    So wait, what happens now?
    I call my boss.

Miho stopped and stared openly as Blinky left the room.

Wait, you have a boss?

Blinky laughed to himself as he heard her call after him. He did have a boss. He didn't even think his name in narratives. But the truth is, his boss had a retinue of employees, of which Blinky held in the running for best, but even he couldn't say if he won or not. He pulled out his OTHER cell phone, this one had twenty-seven buttons on it, arranged in a three-by-three-by-three cube.

It took him a moment to remember the number; it was 19 digits and he hadn't used it since that Hitler thing happened. After punching it in he set the phone down and braced himself. This part was always rough. In the background he could hear the Redemption punching through the atmostphere.

Suddenly he was accelerating in ways he'ld given up on conceiving, dropped into the a white ovoid chamber. Blinky #628 stood to his right, massive whale-shaped body hunched over reading a note before crumpling it up and throwing it away.

Blinky nodded to him and looked to his left to see Blinky #413 and #922, playing celo while waiting for an audience. 413 was a hippy of a rabbit from the Andromeda Galaxy, from a large, grassy world. 922, by contrast was an alligator, from the neighboring marshy world. The two had formed an unlikely friendship awhile back, in a conflict with Blinky #710 that had almost cost them their entire system. Blinky himself had to intervene at the last minute and talk 710 out of a final assault. The two still owed him a favor, but he was content in them knowing that for now. He was in the habit of only calling in one favor at a time.

His boss didn't so much appear as everyone knew he was there.

969! How pleasant of you to come stop in. You're a full two decades early on your progress report.
    Yes, and I come with troubling news, surely you could know.

The voice paused as his boss asked himself the question, and thereby knew the answer.

I see, troubling indeed. You are a good worker, I see no need to refuse an accomodation. Fifty.[/color]

Blinky's eyes snapped up.

Ha. That's what I like about you Blinky. 49, or your system can rot under a dwarf.
    Tough love then. I thank you, when will the aid be delivered.
    You're late.
    I'll be on my way then

Blinky's body got shunted back to the third-dimension, and he appeared in his cave, to see Arleen running around the corner. The poor girl almost had a heart attack when she ran saw him.

Blinky! Oh my god, where did you come from?
    It's physically impossible for a strictly 3-dimensional being to know.
    ...Oh. Well, a new cave just appeared, under ours, and a... thing came out. It looks like a cross between a mirror, the Lizard, and a television. They seem to be carrying swords and the only thing they say is 'Where?'
    Well, 'where' are they?

Blinky saw one of the creatures behind Arleen, who jumped out of her skin again.

Status report code *omitted for lack of English translation*
    Bot 129834 of 500000 reporting to: Blinky 969. Allocation coordinates unset. Targetting parameters unset. 49
    Just making sure I remember, huh? Set targetting parameters.

Blinky handed it a printout of the terminator bots.

Set allocation coordinates as per all such on the planet Earth, currently residing. Set targetting parameter variance as per equivalent technological function with a variance of 10% positive or negative.
    Parameters set, holding for additional orders.

Blinky easily pulled Arleen towards him, despite her efforts.

Analyze lifeform. Designate all of similar genus immune from assault. Exceptionary clause on individual of Lord-rank. Name: Maximus. Place additional qualification. Do not engage. Value placed on containment. Contact on apprehension. No further orders.

The creature scurried away while Blinky tapped his com and a hologram of Miho appeared on screen.

Blinky. Redemption, Thor, and Loki are all in orbit. Maximus' fleet has yet to engage.
    Proceed cautiously. Before you go, scan the atmosphere for any ships.

A pause.

They've all cloked already, I can't detect a single ship.
    I know they're cloaked, don't scan for ships.
    Uh, sir? I'm confused.[color]
    What do ships take up?
    Ummm.... space?
    Exactly. The ships might be cloaked, they might be invisible, and they might absorb sound waves. But they still take up space.

Another pause

...There they are, all of them... One large, and hundreds of small ones popping up.
    Fire the ion cannon and rail guns at the largest, that's the battlestar, then dispatch Thor. Orders are to mop up as many transport ships as feasible. Afterwards, raise full shields and cloaking, leave the atmosphere, and go to full scanning mode. Tell them to look for to atmospheric disturbances.
    Sir, I won't be able to defeat the fleet AND the planetary defenses without Thor.
    Miho, he's on an iron rock. You have an ion cannon that, if you followed my orders, you've had charges for three minutes already. Try to induce something. I'm sorry dear, but I have to go. I'm not going to sit this one out.

Blinky tapped out the com on his wrist and Miho vanished. He glanced at the monitor on the far wall at the site of a massive explosion over the Pacific Ocean. One battlestar down.

10. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane appeared next to Maximus inside his commandship. Maximus may have blocked all sorts of usual teleportations, but not the chakral one. It wasn't at all about vanishing and reappearing at all; when Wolfsbane disappeared, he just wandered in the spiritual realm of the chakral and found Maximuses spirit. Once near it, the procedure was simple. He just chose to appear in the world again.

He quickly blasted the room full of negative chakral energy, killing off every person in there except for Maximus and himself. He then opened his suitcase for a split-second to munch some more spam, and then renewed his chakral shield to defend himself. He felt his jacket pocket get lighter, and his fellow ninja-spiders jumped out alongside him to fight. He glared at Maximus.

Maximus, he said in an ice-cold voice, I will not spare you, nor listen to your pleas. However, if there is something you wish to say, as a last word, do it now.

He and his fellow ninjas all improved their chakral shields once more and then drew several kunai-daggers and shurikens.

11. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Vorak could see his ship being torn to pieces arond him, most of the crew lay dead around him, the cold vacuum of space had rushed through the gaps, depriving them of oxygen, Zod and a few others were cowering in the escape pods his armour was all that protected him. He opened a secure channel

Okay Maximus, the crew is gone, have your fleet destroy them, I'm going to continue to Mars to collect the real Odin as well as the rest of my fleet and head for Takisian space. All is going to plan, my absence has benn ignored by all those who matter, they probably think that I'm either dead or still hiding in the core of the Earth.

Vorak powered up the ships engines.

At least these still work Vorak made a menta lnote to tell Maximus to tone down the realism of his false attacks. He regretted the loss of Zod, but those were the rules, a leiutenant for a lieutenant and he had killed Wonder Woman 'accidentally'.

Besides, with only Tel and Zod gone three of the five fingers of the Hand of Vorak remained and he was sure that they would be more than able to take care of things back on Earth.

As his ship entered the atmosphere of Earth, Vorak leapt out of a large gash on its side, he would be better off in his armour for the landing, he wasn't sure that the ship would even make it to the ground, it'd probably disintergrate long before that, it was far to damaged.

As he streaked to the ground at a massive speed Vorak incresed the power of his rocket boosters, hoping to at least soften the impact.

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

All of the boss' foot soldiers half a short range teleportation ability allowing them to pretty much portal through all glass or mirrored surfaces within a few hundred miles. It was a pretty handy ability. The troops poured out of the cave, or not so much out, as through self-induced rifts in time-space that they could sew and open at their leisure. Blinky wasn't going to say they weren't worth the money. But still... 49... He was going to regret that in a few days when he couldn't look at a television without finding idiocy.

Blinky grabbed his gun, an assault rifle that started out like so many of his marines, but had been upgraded to fire condensced liquid nitrogen bullets, at twice the rate, four times the accuracy, and was oversized by three feet, to fit his arms, and was weighted for him so he could flip it around like nunchuks or a quarterstaff. The razor sharp dolomite tip of the sight and the neutronium coated granite stock made two sides ideal for striking.

He grabbed an entire sampling platter of grenades and stopped in the com room with one of the troops in tow. He would be in limited communications contact the entire time. A message to Thor to jam all the radio frequencies out of all civilian tracks would help Maximus find him, but it would also work in reverse. Now HE was doing the hunting as well.

---------------

Far away from Earth, closer towards Mars, Miho had just finished ordering Thor into a cloaked surveillance of Earth. It's engines were quiet except for orbital readjustments. Outside of the atmosphere no one could use Blinky's trick against them, at least that she understood.

She saw Vorak's crippled ship limping home and dispatched a portion of her fighters, who quickly mopped up any of Maximus' fleet trying to pursue him to safety. The entirety of the fleet was dispatched with words from Miho and the best wishes of Blinky. They raced towards their destinies, young American boys and girls fighting cold robots. They were doing well, too.

The nuclear onslaught from Phobos and Deimos had long since irradiated all reception in the areas surrounding the two moons. Their targetting was far too shoddy to pick out any particular ship to lock onto. They had eventually tried to simply target the entire dogfight, but Loki's sensors warned them fast enough that there were minimal casualties.

Gross looked like he was being buried under the onslaught of the four giant ships, and all their crew. Redemption drew above the outermost battlestar, spinning as it flew to keep it's cannons cycling. The many guns of the battlestar's top section turned upwards and fired, powerful bolts pelting the Redemptions shielding and some penetrating to bang foot-wide dents in dolomite armor.

The Redemption rained down shots of her own though, blasting away the ship's topmost shield. The guns of the top of Redemption, now rotating by, opened merciless fire, ripping holes through the armor of the battlestar. Miho was impressed, but impressive things were rarely how fights were won. With it's shields down she scanned the enemy ship for vitals. The guns took her information and shot out the most of the guns, at least enough to slow them down.

Redemption sped up a bit to turn vertically with respect to the battlestar, ass to top. The crew in the flight decks looked in awe as the Redemption pulled away as the mass drivers fired mercilessly, striking deep into the core of the ship. The ship stopped firing back in a moment and explosions started lighting off. Redemption spun away and watched the first battlestar light up like a roman candle from a relative distance. the explosion was nuclear, but then Miho knew it was going to be and that's why she pulled back. Gross looked to be basking in the glow of more radiation, while the battlestar that had been moving to aid it's companion was knocked a bit sideways. Off balance, weakened. Miho knew what to do.

Just than the shields were hit with a barrage from Mars. The planetaries...

-------------

Blinky listened intently to the status report. He was impressed with her performance, but this was no time for self-adulation.

Stick to the plan Miho, I know it's tough. What is wrong with Mars that makes it weak. You have a bunch of equipment, on what?

Miho bounced in her command chair as the ship rocked again.

What? I don't know, a damn rock!
    Miho, a rock of WHAT dammit?
    Basalt with rust on top Blinky, I already scanned it. You can't produce enough of a current on the surface to fry the defense systems, it doesn't matter.
    Good first though, always a sound practice, but you're looking in the wrong place. Rust. What can you make with rust? Something that equipment doesn't like.

Miho looked furious as she lowered her head trying to think, but then the realization dawned on her and she looked back up with wide eyes and a wider smile.

I'll get right on it. The fighters are faring well, but I haven't sent the bombers in yet, I will after I turn Mars into a red-hot swimming pool.

Blinky could only smile as he tapped out Miho and brought up surface conditions. 430 transport ships had been taken out before the Thor went to high orbit, scanning for those remaining scores of ships and for any new ones that dared show their faces.

The troop war on Earth was going well. If there was one thing humans new how to do, it was hide. With 'his' troops popping up and taking to the streets, the gangs had fled inside wherever they went. Human casualties were at a low this go around by all reports.

Blinky ported out with the soldier to join a division in New York. 34th Street was where the party was at this time. Cars parked all over, people flying, fires raging, which Blinky stifled with a hand wave. He figured, he was here, why not help fix up the neighborhood by not just LETTING it burn down. Maximus didn't understand many of the fundamental principles.

Fifty or so terminators fought 35 of his troops. Unfortunately for the terminators, his troops didn't know when to quit. What's a disintegrator ray for a normal human was a baseball bat for Blinky, which still hurt nonetheless. For his troops, with their strange biology, it was more of a butcherknife that could only hit nonvital organs. While some faltered and were dispatched by the terminators claws, the terminators were apparently operating with reliance that their rays would get them out of trouble. That was flawed logic.

Blinky ran in shooting, taking the heads of three off in rapid succession, then whipping his rifle around him and smashing the head of a terminator trying to get behind him. A few more shots and the terminators were fighting a pitched battle.

Then Blinky got bored fo this. He picked up a Nissan, it was shitty car anyway, and love-tapped one of the terminators with it. The car only lasted through battering four of them. That amusement went through four cars. A few more were shot, two more tried to sneak up behind him and were bisected. Finally, Blinky stood at Thirty-Fourth and Broadway, surrounded by wounded, but healing transdimensional warriors, and a lot of scrap metal.

13. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Maximus calmly watched the Brahmin eat the spam, and took mental note of the lives that the Cow had taken. The cloning vats had better work....

Again you try and attack me, but this time you die. Your attempts to match wills with me is going to be your downfall. At that minute, Wolfsbane was suddenly mentally assaulted, his Chakras suddenly filling with negative energy. Confused, he looked up to see Maximus glaring back at him, a look of absolute concentration on his face. The spiders seemed to suffer the same ill fate, and fell to he floor squirming. A blast of mental anguish and pain filled Wolfsbanes body, set his mind a fire.
    Hurts, doesn't it? Between the power unleashed by the Kabbalistic powers that I possess, and the neurotoxin you just injested that was placed on your spam moments ago, you will now die! At the word 'die', Maximus focused all the hatred and anger of 300 years directly at Wolfsbane, the sight of his dead and dying amazons around him only fueling the fire.

The Cow stumbled and tried to escape, but for some reason his chakras felt heavy and polluted. The toxin was spreading rapidly through his system, infecting the very life force which fueled his Kundalini. The searing pain in his head was like the worst headache imaginable, only 10 times worse. His head felt as if it was literally on fire! He stumbled, and fell, trying to block out the pain and blackness enveloping him.

Maximus picked up the barely surviving Amidala, dropped the shields on his ship, and teleported away. At the same moment, a powerful Ion beam blasted through the command ship, destroying everything, and plunging the charred remains into the Pacific Ocean.

In space, 400 of Frigo's human bombs emerged out of closets and cupboards all over the Redemption, some posing as crew members, others stowaways, and began running to the weak points in the ship. Having posed as engineers and software designers during its construction, they were well aware of what to blow up. 25 of them detonated themselves on the Bridge, killing the command staff and destroying all the controls. 50 stormed the engine rooms, and 37 made it past the guards to destroy its engines and cause the cores to become unstable and begin a melt down. Four other groups headed into the weapons and munitions caches and ignited the stores held there with the bombs straped to their bodies. The last of them exploded after yelling, 'Long Live Wikipidia!' The Redemption seemed to 'ripple', if that was possible, in space before it engines exploded and erupted, sending out a soundless blue-white explosion in all directions. The blast destroyed three Martian cruisers and two nearby Takisan craft as they were enveloped in the blast. Debris rained own on Mars, destroying some of the anti-ship cannons firing from its surface. The explosion could be seen from Earth as a sudden pop of light.

Thor was suddenly surrounded by 200 of Maximus' First Fleet, decloaking, shields raised, and guns blazing. They had zeroed in on her while she fired at the cloaked command ship, and were looking for revenge. Explosive plasma blasts seared the side of the ship, and a constant rain of laser-fire shook the ship violently. Soon Thor's shield would fail and she would be annihilated. Four space-tankers on remote control suicide bombed into the bridge structure and exploded in a fiery malestrom of rocket fuel.

14. Wolfsbane

OOC (Maximus, you can't controll my actions. You can't tell me that my character falls to the ground in pain and tries to escape if I do not authorize it. What you just did is called power-gaming, and is forbidden here (read the RP rules). I will ignore what you did in your previous post and continue on an even battle.) /OOC

Wolfsbane smirked at Maximus, and mentally told his spiders to stop the acting; they had jested Maximus for too long. It was time to get serious. Dead serious. He drew a few more shurikens and darted them at Maximus, and blocked out Maximuses attempt to wound him or his fellow ninjas with all of his chakral power.
    The spiders immedietly leapt forward with tiny, but still deadly and razor-sharp, wakisashis, and attacked from twelve different angles at once.

Wolfsbane searched his spam mentally for the poison, and quickly threw away those lumps who were infected. He munched another, uninfected spam (he only had two morw to go), and prepared once again for The Glare.

15. Maximus

Maximus New Member

*EDIT* - read the discussion thread for details (italiacs mark edited text)

Maximus calmly watched the Brahmin eat the spam, and took mental note of the lives that the Cow had taken. The cloning vats had better work....

Again you try and attack me, but this time you die. Your attempts to match wills with me is going to be your downfall. At that minute, Wolfsbane was suddenly mentally assaulted, his Chakras suddenly filling with negative energy. He looked up to see Maximus glaring back at him, a look of absolute concentration on his face. The spiders seemed to suffer the same ill fate, and fell to he floor squirming. A blast of mental anguish and pain should be filling Wolfsbanes body, setting his mind a fire.
    Hurts, doesn't it? Between the power unleashed by the Kabbalistic powers that I possess, and the neurotoxin you just injested that was placed on your spam moments ago, you will now die! At the word 'die', Maximus focused all the hatred and anger of 300 years directly at Wolfsbane, the sight of his dead and dying amazons around him only fueling the fire.

By now, The Cow would notice his chakras felt heavy and polluted, preventing further Chakra actions. The toxin was spreading rapidly through his system, infecting the very life force which fueled his Kundalini. The searing pain in his head would feel like the worst headache imaginable, only 10 times worse, as if it was literally on fire!

Maximus picked up the barely surviving Amidala, dropped the shields on his ship, and teleported away. At the same moment, a powerful Ion beam blasted through the command ship, destroying everything, and plunging the charred remains into the Pacific Ocean.

*END EDIT*

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Blinky teleports to Maximus, after calling the boss for his actual location, and rips his throat out. He then eats Amidala.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suddenly , a Mr Van Stran army appears on their spaceship "M/R Stranish

18. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha! Four battlestars, Maximus? Isn't that a bit much? Very well.
    Grossenschwaum used his newly acquired magnetic field to nullify the incoming plasmas, and decided he'd allow them to get a bit closer.
    Damn! I had no idea these things could move so fast!
    Suddenly, the ships seemed drawn to Grossenschwaum's body and were immediately crushed by their own weight, and immolated by the cosmic rays being emitted by himself. He quickly realized that staying in any one place for very long could actually be dangerous. And very messy.
    What you may have just seen was an accident! However, the end did justify the means. Xiao! Try to keep a decent gap between your fleet and my body!
    Grossenschwaum dedicated himself to staying far enough fom the ships to attack without attracting them to his body. He was still unable to control all of the aspects of his new powers, but was fairly confident that he could prevent any friendly casualties that might be caused by him.
    He directed his attention toward the rest of Maximus's defense-force.
    Pulsar-Flamme!
    Even if the blast didn't destroy any of the ships, it had its own electromagnetic field that approached billions of volts. You really don't want to know the amperage.
    Xiao! What's going on here? They seem too rational. They show no fear. We're not fighting humans, are we? Where is his real battle-fleet?
    I can't do anything if it's on earth... he thought.
    The look Xiao gave him was not promising.
    If he entered earth's atmosphere, he would ignite all of the oxygen on the planet, and draw what was left of earth into his body.
    He turned and looked at the earth longingly.
    Dogmen! Send a scout shuttle with Neo-Dogman Null to my location. Use the wormhole! Arm it will full electromagnetic shielding, and make sure it's fast enough to keep from absorbing too much "flak" up here! Also, don't get too close to me, I don't need my best men to literally die on me.
    Seconds later, a shuttle appeared. It was straining to keep from crashing into Grossenschwaum.
    Neo-Dogman Null! Sgt. Pepper and the Lonely Hearts Club Band! this was the first part of the code. There had to be a second active Grossenschwaum on earth, one who thought like a Grossenschwaum. Therefore...BANG! BANG! Maxwell's Silver Hammer!
    Grossenschaum looked out of his shuttle to see himself, free floating in front of mars.
    This isn't right...
    I know what you're thinking...but this had to be done.
    You're number three...heh. I'd like to come home, but I need to stay out here. I'm sure you know why.

Neutron-Grossenschwaum looked very sad, and flew towards mars, falling into a weak orbit around the red planet. Or, maybe the planet fell into orbit around him...
    I...it looks like we have a great deal of work ahead of ourselves, dogmen. Maximus is still on the loose, no doubt trying to sully my good name.
    Grossenschwaum looked back at "himself", let out a sigh, and went back to earth through a new wormhole.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mr Van Stran's ship has just suffered a major breakdown in the middle of space , it'll take approx two weeks to repair his battlec cruiser

Our Host!