The State of the World

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Blinky969, Jul 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Blinky leaned back in his recliner, his deft claws swiftly rolling up a j on the arm of the chair. He managed to do it quickly enough, hardly distracted by the lovely young lady kneeling in front of him. Her name was something Aniston. Jessica or Jennifer of something like that. It didn't really matter, she could barely hold her breath and so he'ld have to fire her.

Finishing his j, he sparked it up with one claw while tapping the remote with the other.

Well, what's on the news today.

Blinky didn't watch Fox new, conservative fucks that they were. He didn't watch CNN either. Instead he watched Lord TV. The only television station a true world leader needed.

What he saw today surprised him. Middle East conflict, yea, who didn't see that one coming. The War in Iraq, for the most part completely coordinated in order to increase demand for land Alaska to develop for drilling. You know, raise the property value so that he got more money when he sold it. Not that it would matter, he'ld just have all the developers killed until the deed for the land was somehow 'altered' to show he was the true owner again. A few million dollars and a few weeks worth of target practice was always appreciated.

What DID surprise him was something only he or one of the other lords would have even noticed. In the background of one of the camera shots in the news a certain member of the Coalition for Islamic Advancement, 2nd Department. And he was stealing a crate off of a currently unidentified ship in the port of Tokyo.

Blinky sprang to his feet, accidently shoving most of himself down Jennifer Arnistan, or something like that's throat. He smacked the back of her throat so hard that she actually fell backwards and cracked her head on the floor. Poor girl was out cold.

"Oh, ah, heh, sorry about that sweets. Now, where are my pants?

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Returning from an uneventful journey to the Pacific, Grossenschwaum walked along the sea floor, peeling hagfish from his body.
    Damned parasites.
    They reminded him too much of the undead; how they fed on those still alive.
    Get your own damned blood! I have the courtesy to kill something before I start eating.
    As he entered his own ocean, things stopped following him. Nothing, save Grossenschwaum, can survive in heavy water for long.
    He entered his sea base, the Kratzbalger.
    Zwanzig, my newspaper! Elf, prepare my lounger!
    He had to see what was happening on the world above. The last he had heard, Somalians were fleeing en-masse to the United States.
    North Korea...that's the last time I give someone a hypno-ray. I think it's time someone saw The Box.
    He was getting very angry, and there isn't much those around him can do once that happens. He was ready to head to the surface and start a state of emergency in...well, wherever. That's always fun. He was, however, interrupted by a call on his "doomsday" line. This meant that either Maximus had actually succeeded in sending an asteroid towards earth, or there was somehow a shortage of ostritch eggs in the refridgerator.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

A siren went off

Vorak rolled over in bed, regardless of the fact that down in the bowels of the Earth there was no sunlight, he still found himself unable to get up in the morning, his body knew it was still daylight up there.

"I was enjoying that" sighed Vorak before he dragged himself up and headed for his console.

In front of it he noticed two things, the Dolarmite shields needing some bulking up in places, "Great, more money for the bear." The other thing was worrying and since Vorak was such a lazy bastard this made sense, only the important stuff was brought to his attention. Telcontar was up for release, that particular minion had caused all the lords havoc on that one day 10 years ago and if he was getting out it meant trouble. It meant that he'd cracked and told the authorities something big, really big, you don't get out of 5 consecutive life sentences at a slide.

4. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

It paid off.

Telling the authorities a lie and changing my story about the "giant starfish man" allowed me to finally get out of that damn straight jacket and mental hospital and still go to jail.

They are convinced that Vorak carried out all of the bombings and somehow summoned the tsunami. They dont know how but it was not natural. Its just that they dont know where he is. They pissed themselves when i told them that he was in the earths core.
    And a polar bear and guy living in his sea base were all involved. They thought I was crazy.
    I was the only bastard stupid enough to get caught. But all of the lords were almost discovered. Bastards covered their asses well.

Only I and a few others know where the son of a bitch is. He whom caused all of the destruction and set it up to look I did it. They are all with him.....

As I am finally emitted from the last large gates of this god forsaken place, I walk alone out to the cab they have for me in the poaring rain with revenge on my pallet.
    His former master has taught him well. Too well.

Once a minion but now Tel has the strength and determination to challenge his former master.
    Payback is a dish best served cold.
    Sure it will be a struggle to bring he and the other lords down to make up for the 10 years of his life lost, but it will be worth it. They all have weaknesses.

He is comming.

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

And while the lot of this happened, Wolfsbane, the two-headed cow of Sweden, was out on the fields of Vallentuna, slowly digesting his last meal of grass while watching the progress of his ninja-spiders's daily training.

"Hmmm, they're a bit slow today, he said to himself, and smiled, I'll give 'em hell tomorrow, I will...

Then, suddenly, he felt a change in the air. There was somwthing going on in the world, and Wolfsbane felt that it probably had something to do with the coming of Him, and with the Lords.
    He decided it was time to act. The closest one of the Lords was probably the sea-demon Grossenschwaum. He was bound to be near Germany, in some kind of way.
    Wolfsbane quickly went to his farmhouse and gathered his most favoured belongings; his torn leatherjacket, his golden bell and, of course, a large part of his spam storage. God knew he liked that spam.
    He put the spam in a mid-sized suitcase and went out to his little spidery friends again.
    "I'm going to be away for... A while. And I just wanted to bid you farewell and ask you to take care of the farm for me. I might be away for quite some time, d'you hear me? Good. Fare well, then, he said, and started his long journey across the vast fields of Vallentuna.

He stopped at the sound of small legs moving very fast. Without turning around, he said:
    And no following me about, understood?
    The spiders gave him a little disapointed sound of small legs moving fast as a reply, and then he again set of towards the sunset over the fields of his homeland.[/i]

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Blinky adjusted his tie and cracked his neck. He really didn't know why he bothered, he usually ended up bursting out of the suit the second things got rough. And with Charls on the loose they might. The CIA didn't pay him for nothing.

Stepping out of his bedroom, he shot Arleen a quick glance. She knew what it meant. Put my calls on hold, I'll be back when I'm done doing whatever is making me leave.

Arleen was a rarity for a woman in the cave, in that not only wasn't she hot, she was god damn fugly. Blinky had actually found her in the wild being made fun of by a cow. The only reason he kept her around is because she was a good secretary, and ugly enough that he didn't want to do anything other than that. Whenever he got a cute one they never ended up getting any work done. That was usually partially his fault.

Anyway, he down the stairs to the lowest level of his cave, at least the readily used parts, and opened one of the hatches to reveal a clean, well-maintained jet ski. The fact that he had designed the engine himself meant it was more than just a regular jet ski. He hopped on as Baloo came over.

"Careful with her, I just finished on that one. Oh, I packed you some bear necessities in the side. What did you want to do with that pretty one upstairs when she wakes up?"

"Shit man, send her back to Cali if you can't put her to use. Damn bitch gags too much. Thanks for the supplies, stay brown."

With that Blinky shot out of the cave on his jet ski, sparking one of the fatter blunts Baloo had packed in the side compartment. After a minute he veered south and speed towards the port of Tokyo.

7. Grossenschwamm

After checking the read outs from Longinus-2, Grossenschwaum's early warning/hey-guess-what-happened-to-your-capitol-city satellite, it was determined that Maximus hadn't sent anything this way since Phobos a few weeks ago.
    God help you if there are eggs in my fridge, Drei!
    Drei was, of course, number three on the "Most Trusted List".
    The refridgerator was brimming with fresh ostritch eggs.
    Drei, COME!
    I know that your doomsday line is only used in two instances, but I saw something moving at incredible speeds across the pacific on your Gull-cam!
    I have seperate lines for all Gull-cam events, and they are all monitored by Vier. It pains me to do this, but...
    All dog men have a small shock generator implanted in their chest cavity. Given the right amperage, it's a very dramatic death.
    Vier! You are now Drei! By the way, what was it that the late Drei had seen on my Gull-cam?
    Yes, sir! It was Blinky, the Polar Bear! He seems to be headed for Tokyo.
    Hmmm...what's in Tokyo?
    He shuddered at the thought; He may need to watch TV.
    Also, noone else is promoted! There will be a gap between Drei and Funf until I say so.
    Promotions...more of a nuisance than shaving.
    After killing one of his more trusted minions, it seemed necessary to go to the surface and do something...fun. He told Ein to monitor his calls, and tell those who called that he was somewhere in the Mediterranean.
    Whatever happened, it would be visible from the moon.

8. Vorak

Vorak continued scanning the world at random on his monitors, tsunamis, war, oil shortages, the normal stuff. Then in the corner a light that hadn't come on for a very long time lit up.

"Shit! I don't want to go there now"

Sighing Vorak got up and heading to the armoury, if he was going up to the surface he'd need his armour, he'd be going up there to quickly to allow for the use of a pressure chamber. Donning the blackened metal he headed to the tunnel hub, he'd have to go to Tokyo and he couldn't speak a word of Japanese.

"I sure hope my translator isn't dead, its been a while since I've seen him"

Vorak owed that guy big, he'd managed to help him escape that sushi plant a while back. Vorak had his suspicions Blinky had been behind it, he always liked to remind the others who the real boss was,

9. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Gorgeous Frigeous Frigidaire, ruler mastermind of the European Empire. A shady figure, nobody has seen him in public, even the overwhelming majority of the "government". His manipulations and his clever use of information technologies have made the Empire the greatest of the superpowers.

He was sitting in front of his supercomputer, as usual, in his underground laboratory. In the background, a program was running, calculating possible ways to achieve world domination - typical of him. Meanwhile, he was obeying to his addiction of games, forums and the mighty Encyclopedia with all the knowledge of humanity. Sweet hours has passed reading the articles. He had nothing to worry about, everything was on the right track.

Then something horrible happened.

The server of Encyclopedia has stopped answering.

The crew of the laboratory was screaming in desperation. Scientists were running up and down.
    - What happened? - asked Frigo from a nearby high post scientist, while exiting from the lift.
    - We don't know yet why, but we lost all communication with the surface. Also, our sensors don't work. Basically we are blind.
    - I expected something worse. What is this chaos?
    - We were playing World of Warcraft in the free time.
    - I don't care. Start repairing the sensors.
    - Yes, sir. - he switched his headset on and told some instructions to the others

Frigo sat down in front of the huge display of the room. He was analyzing the loss reports and the sensory data for almost an hour. He was thinking:
    "Communication is down. Sensors are down. Our outside electronic locks are down. The only thing that could cause this is a huge EMP wave. But why our sensors haven't noticed the bomb? It must be a..."
    - Sir, we have replaced the sensors and successfully reinitiated the emergency transmission lines. Also, we have deduced the track of the EMP bombs. They came from Japan.
    - Japan??? Why would they bomb us?
    - I don't kn...

At that moment, the display of the room switched on. An asian man in suit.
    - Good day, mister. As you should already know, our government does not tolerate your 2% increase of export tax in textiles. We declared war on you, and have already disrupted your very system which you have based your country on. We give you an ultimatum: you surrender all your land to japanese control in less than 24 hours, or we begin deploying nuclear weapons, for which you clearly don't have defense at the moment, killing hundreds of millions of people. Have a good day.
    "Damn that japans." - thought Frigo, and single-handedly pressed a blue button. The display turned into a world map. About fifty small yellow dots appeared at different parts of the world, mainly Europe. They quickly moved to the direction of Japan, and when they arrived, they turned red.
    - Every single neutron bomb has arrived and detonated as planned. Japan is no more.
    "Hehh, the new engine and the concealment device surely work well together."

[now... where did all of you go? :lol:]

10. Grossenschwamm

The air changed. It seemed heavier than before, as if...
    Frigo.
    Grossenschwaum's Mediterranen Rampage would have to wait. It would seem that someone detonated somewhere between 47 and 51 neutron bombs over a modestly sized Asian country...probably Japan, by the atmospheric displacement.
    It was one thing to rule a decent portion of the world, but leveling an entire country with weapons...the sign of a true pansy.
    Blinky was probably fine, he thought. God knows how he's modified that "jet ski".
    Walking off of the coast of Greece, Grossenschwaum prepared to demolish Frigo's self imposed empire, starting with his precious internet service.
    Frigo! I'm calling you out! Don't use any of your bombs on me, you'll just waste your money!

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Blinky was rocketing across the Pacific when his radar picked up the disturbances. Smokey rattled the information into his mouthpiece, the data shooting out into Blinky's ear through doubly-resecured long-range data stream, audio setting.

49 offending projectiles, launched 1.7 seconds from simultaneously, all out of bases controlled by Frigo, headed towards Japan. Identification: Class III J97 ICBMs, Xiao make, carrying a heavy grade neutron bomb on each.

He must be fucking nuts, that'ld melt his half of the world too!

Frigo would die for trying this; genocide was bad for business, especially genocide on a continental level. But before he could formulate a sufficient plan for revenge on the lunatic, he had to stop the bombs. If he didn't get to Tokyo he'ld never find out what Charly, or the CIA was up to in there.

The jetski and the missles raced towards the same point in space. Blinky wracked his brain for a scientific solution. Then, as quickly as the crisis had arisen, the solution came to him. Though he was loathe to lose one, he'ld have to call in a favor...

Brrrrb. Brrrrb. Brrrrb.

Hello?
    Yea, Bill, it's me.
    What? Oh, Blinky, what's up. Thanks for not killing me for 95 again.
    Glad you remembered, about that...
    No, Blinky, I'm telling you, Windows has changed, I swear it!
    Relax, I'm not reneging on sparing your pathetic existance. Just calling in a favor. Push the little blue button.
    Which little blue button?
    The one I installed in your office with a big ass sign that says 'Do Not Push'.
    Uh... Ok, I'm pushing it.
    Ok, yea, and you should crawl beneath your desk and hide too.
    Ok, will do. Bye.
    Click.

Blinky smiled to himself, no one would see this coming.

12. Vorak

The tunnels started vibrating like all hell. Either something had blown up or had been launched on the surface. Pulling out his communicator Vorak called the control room:

Yes Lord?
    What is going on up there?
    We aren't certain, but ur censors indicate that a large number of objects all launched at the same moment, possibly missiles.
    Did it come out of Europe?
    Yes.
    Its Frigo, that little prick always does things like this, I doubt it'll matter for long, we'll either die or he'll be stopped again (I swear, its like he wants to be stopped all the time, like some kind of Bond villain). I will continue to the redevous, continue with the search for Telcontar, it is imperative we bring him in, he knows to much.
    Yes sir.

Vorak made a mental note to have that foreman killed when he came back, it never paid to have a minion know to many details, Tel was living proof of that.

13. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane stopped half-across Denmark as he sighted a fuckload of missiles darting trough the air, eastwards. First he thought that it was all probably some sort of show-off by Frigo to try and scare the Lords, but when the missiles neither exploded in mid-air, or turned back, he got worried.

Japan lied to the east. His spiders came from Japan.

Shit, he said to himself and looked around for a tree. He found one just by the road he was walking, about twenty metres down it. He quickly ran to it and slashed it off by it's roots with one mighty kick. Then, he threw the tree, like a spear, towards Japan.
    Wolfsbane bent his knees, and jumped onto the tree while it was flying, so that he now was surfing on it through the air.
    He didn't know if he's be able to take all of those missiles out single-handedly, but it was surely worth a try. He loved his little spidert friends. A drawback, perhaps, but they did offer some great protection. And they were his primary income, after all.
    Shit, he said again as he soared through the air on his tree.

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Xiao yawned dramatically. She was sure she'd heard one of her many and varied alarms going off...

Xiao, get up! Frigo just destroyed Japan!

That got her awake. She literally leapt out of bed, yanking a long red t-shirt from a coathanger and and pulling it on as she hurtled through the corridors of her 'trading centre'.

Perriman, what the fuck? Why the hell would Frigo blow up the land of anime and pocky?

I don't know. All I know is that he used those special missiles you sold him a couple of months back.

Xiao growled deep in her throat. She KNEW she should have kept the Master Trader Missiles for someone a little more trustworthy and a little less fucked in the head! Now she'd need to trade with those bastards in Hong Kong for her pocky!

She waved over one of her security team, one of the many Soong androids she'd utilized until that memorable sale which had netted her both Perriman and Geoffrey.

Unload the Takisian skimmer and start digging out my PSO-translated weaponry. Especially my Slicer of Liberator. I'm going in. Perriman, fetch Geoffrey and arm yourselves from the Arcanum equipment. We're going to go kick some ass.

15. Grossenschwamm

There's no reason to hold back.
    He said to himself, running through the Danube. There was a special place in Grossenschwaum's heart for the Japanese. They made a movie monster in his likeness (albeit approximately 285 feet taller {and more rotund}, provided that OTHER big radioactive beast is 300 feet tall)! Gojira...or something like that.
    Here it is...!
    Frigo's internet provider, aptly named "Frigo's Internet Provider".
    The largest building between Buda and Pest, it seemed that if anything, it would attract someone's attention if it fell.
    (in Hungarian)FRIGO!! Get the hell out here! I'm holding this conspicuous-looking building hostage! Besides, if you DON'T come out here and let me do what I do best, you'll have Xiao on your tail! Your choice!
    Xiao does like her Pocky...
    Maybe that would catch his attention, maybe not. What ever the case, after the incident with Xiao's Full Plate Gauntlets, there was so much Grossenschwaum didn't want to see.

16. Vorak

Vorak stepped into one of his high speed lifts to the surface. It'd still be an hour or so before he reached the surface it was a long way up.

In the meantime he walked over to the wall of the lift, opened a panel and pressed play.

Army of Darkness came on. This wouldn't be such a bad trip after all.

17. Maximus

Maximus New Member

The baleful eye of Mars appears on Earth's horizon, an ominous feeling fills the air...

*bzzzitt!* Four large video screens spark to life

What the...? Those screens have been silent since that Phobos incident, when that cross-eyed mathematician used metric instead of standard measurements.

Grits teeth together just thinking about it

Sitting down in front of the monitors, Lord Maximus, Commander of the Red Legion of Amazons, begins studying the information pouring across the monitors. Reports of Nuclear launches, and reactionary movements by some of the Earthbound Lords begins to peak his interest.

A news flash also indicates Telcontar is on the loose again, though it may be nothing. Better send a scout out after him to keep tabs on his movements, just in case.

Whats the bear up to though? His movements make no sense, perhaps I should take precautions and ready the troops?

Frigo. What are you doing? Nuking the land of anime violates the treaty that has protected you for so long. The question is, does your unscheduled assault play into my masterplan?.....

General Amidala, we're going to DEFCON 3, recall your troops from leave and put everyone on general alert. Also, bring the Terminator infantry bots online, things may require our intervention.

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Xiao settles into the main seat of the Takisian war-skimmer. Not that it would have mattered where she sat, seeing as how the control of the ship was purely mental, but... It was the image that counted. One thing that she'd learnt from the inhabitants of Takis was that image was everything.

Baby, open a direct line into Frigo's base. You remember how to do that, right?

Okay, Mummy! Channel is open!

I know you can hear me, Frigo. This is a warning: prepare yourself. I am coming for you, and I imagine that the Lords are coming for you as well. You broke the treaty, and now you're fair game. However, as I enjoy a certain amount of challenge to my kills, you have the time it will take for Baby's ghost-lance to charge. Which is...

Two minutes, Mummy!

Two minutes. Once I'm fully charged, I will be coming after you.

Xiao tells Baby, the sentient ship, to prepare for launch.

Oh, and just so you know, all supplies destined for your base have been cut off. You will recieve no support. Never, ever annoy the woman who controls trade for the entire solar system.

19. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane surfed through the air on his newly-uprooted tree. He was getting closer, alright. He'd flown past the Ural mountains, seperating Europe from Asia, a mere five minutes ago, so it shouldn't be long before he'd catch up with the missiles.
    There they were. There was a suprising number of them. Almost fifty.
    Whatever the Lord firing these warheads was up to, it certainly looks like he's lost his mind. Fifty of those would be quite enough power to erase every last living being on this earth, thought Wolfsbane and prepared himself for the jump.

He jumped.

Soaring through the air, from missile to missile, he kicked each and every one of the missiles he jumped to straight up towards space; away from Japan. He realized that he wouldn't be able to take care of every one of them though; a dozen warheads outran him ans he made it back for his tree through the air. Fortunetly for him, he wouldn't land in Japan. It seemed more likely that he would land somewhere in mid-China.

I sure hope that the other Lords'll do something about them other warheads, he thought, Or else I'll get really angry...

He crashed into the desserts of mid-China, disappearing in a vast cloud of dust and sand.

20. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Maximus sat in his command chair, watching the chaos unfold below, a slight grin of amusement on his face.

Whats this Cow up to? he thought to himself. Never before had he seen such unusual acrobatic skills from a bovine, much less even considered it possible.

Thats when he noticed some of the warheads rocketing toward space, and coincidentally, toward Mars.

Standing up angrily, he barked into a comms unit, Amidala, that damned Cow just changed the direction of those nuclear warheads towards us! If its a war he wants, then it'll be a War he gets! Sound the Alarms! Mobilize the invasion fleet! . . . and fall into my wicked plot, unsuspecting fools! *evil megalomaniac laughter fills the air*

Air Raid sirens begin to sound all across the command post. From a side window, Maximus can see Amazons scurrying about, heading for their battle stations. An Army of Terminator Bots march in perfect formation into the troop carriers, and a small formation of attack planes roars overhead. The Martian warmachine comes alive, its components working like finely machined gears within a massive clock.

First, I have to deal with these incoming missles. Sitting back down in front of the monitors, he begins typing furiously. The screen changes to display all the re-routed nukes in space and a large targeting icon, the lights in the room dim and change to red. A joystick emerges from the right side of his chair, and he uses it to start shooting short-burst lasers at the warheads, destroying them one at a time.

General Amidala reports back, Sir, the fleet is starting to mobilize, the first warships are starting to lift off now. Shall I ready your command ship?

*Boom!* A brilliant bright white light fills the screens as one of the nukes explodes.

Yes, ensure all the amenities are on board, and then let me know when you're ready to leave. ...Oh, and make sure to pack your lacy black Battle Lingerie, we might be gone a while...

Right away, sir. *A hint a pleasure in her tone.*

*Boom!!* Another interstellar explosive fireworks display.

First, I need to do something about Frigo. Hmm...the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Very well, my new ally needs assistance
    , thought Maximus.

While still firing at the incoming missiles, Maximus presses a button on the comms unit again.
    Commander Xena, activate the teleporter device, and transport Frigo to my safehouse in Cyprus until we can figure out what use he can still provide for the Resistance. Here are his coordinates-*transmits a serries of numbers*

Now Lords, you shall pay for your insolent behavior. I shall teach you to mess with the Martian War Machine!

Our Host!