The Lost Dungeon of Souls Scenario disk

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Darius, Feb 25, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. team a

team a New Member

whoa... well, fuck me. I am just going to bed after spending way too much time with scripted and notepad all in my face, but ill check this out as soon as I can. If there's anything that needs to be patched, I'll look at that too - Im almost done with Dusty Dunes.

Was it just an .exe on the disc? any chance we can get an .iso?

2. Bruticis

Bruticis New Member

I posted a copy of the contents of the disc on my flickr page. It's just a EULA and an autorun file in addition to the file I uploaded. I don't think you'd really need an ISO for that but I'd be happy to do one if there was interest.

3. team a

team a New Member

oh, all right. What is the EULA like, does it say who made it? Is it consistent with Arcanum or the later Troika modules, or neither?

I would kind of like an .iso for authenticity's sake, but if there is nothing else of significance in there, then no rush in posting.

Thanks again. Maybe you should have held out for some of that cash promised at the beginning of this thread? haha, just kidding.

I have to say, I'm glad you found this place. I never thought this day would come, but I'm quite happy to be proven wrong about the existence of this mod.

4. Oracle

Oracle Member

I somewhat have the seem feeling when I had while playing Diablo 1
    Killing creatures, sell loot buy potions.

but man its hard playing it as a mage! I need to level up fast, and the dog is useless...

Edit: yay I finished the module! I have to say that I enjoyed playing it.
    Almost feel like playing diablo 1 heh...

5. Bruticis

Bruticis New Member

Nah, I didn't mind sharing especially with a site I've lurked on for years. Besides, I collect the junk like this for me, not for value. Doesn't matter to me if everyone else has it, as long as I'm one of the owners, I'm happy.

6. Darius

Darius New Member

Hello:
    I was on vacation for a week and when I came back, my internet was out for five days. @#$%ing Charter Communications! They finally fixed it and now I see that someone actually has a copy of this disk! I knew it was a pre-order bonus disk from EBGames. Thanks alot Bruticis for sharing this with everyone! By the way Bruticis, is your copy minty mint and scratch and scuff free? If it is, my original offer of $100.00 still stands and I would love to buy this cd from you. If you don't have a sellers account on eBay, you could create one and send me a private auction offer to my eBay name dariussd with a buy it now price of $100.00. I will then send you an instant payment through Paypal which you would have to be signed up for also. I will pay all shipping and insurance costs obliviously. If you don't want to sell, that is cool also. I can continue to search eBay if that is the case. I am just happy that we have been able to salvage a rare piece of gaming history that otherwise might have been lost to the abyss forever!

7. Bruticis

Bruticis New Member

ARGH! Why do you tempt me like this? I do indeed have an eBay account with all positive ratings (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=orionk73&ftab=AllFeedback) and paypal that I could put a private auction on. The CD is in mint condition, I even took it out of the paper envelope it was in and moved it to a slim jewel case as soon as I got it. Let me think on this for a day or so and I'll let you know.

8. Oracle

Oracle Member

before you sell it, is there any chance that you make an ISO from the disk? that would be great!

9. Bruticis

Bruticis New Member

10. Oracle

Oracle Member

11. team a

team a New Member

Thanks, man. Your sharing is much appreciated.

12. Darius

Darius New Member

Hello,

I realize that this post is almost a year and a half old but I wanted you all to know that I bought this cd from Bruticus and I'm very happy. I'm sure many people have the ISO from the cd by now and I wanted you all to know that Bruticus asked me for permission to post it after I bought the cd and I said yes, of course, please post it for everyone as I promised earlier in my posts. If this site ever goes down and the administrator still has my e-mail address I just wanted everyone to know that this piece of gaming history will never be lost. I was called a liar and a hoax perpetuator throughout this whole process and I can fully understand why. Wow! Never have I seen a more rare pre-order bonus disc. I just want to thank Bruticus first and foremost for proving me right and secondly, for selling me the disc. Secondly, floyd, haha! you were wrong! Thirdly, I am ashamed to ask for this but I am an old school RPG player and collector. Is it possible that I could get at least a little credit for bringing this extremely rare pre-order cd to light?

13. moonlight

moonlight Member

of course

thank youuuuuuuuuu so much for pointing us all to the right direction :D

14. floyd

floyd New Member

yessssss, thank you daaaaaaarrrriusssssssssssssssssssss... :roll:

15. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

16. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Well, ya'all heard the man. Now form a nice line everyone and take turns at sucking his e-penis.

After you're done, you just have to sign this declaration of acknowledgment and you're free to go.

17. floyd

floyd New Member

Read the first pages of this thread. I wasn't the only one who thought this was a hoax. And we certainly had our reasons to think so.

Alsoplustoo: the disc pretty much sucks ass, IMO. It probably would have been better if it had been a hoax. :p

18. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

No kidding. Strangely, only your fail seems to be the one that matters.
    Haha's abound!

Our Host!