The Lords of... ?

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Dec 16, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Yes?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes! No, no! No, yellooooooooow!!!...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

This isn't Arcanum, Arthgon. This is the post-apocalyptic American wasteland. Civilization has not rebuilt to the point of having the kind of social and legal structure that would call for a private investigator. You want something done, you hire a bounty hunter or mercenary. Not a PI. And regarding the rest of your worthless back-story, the trend in medical science in the wasteland is not invention, but rediscovery of pre-war tech. Have you ever even played Fallout? Because you seem to be having a hard time keeping it in context.

The only way I could think to salvage your character is to write him off as a psychopath who thinks he's a PI after reading too many mystery novels, then kill him before he can get any more out of hand. I think this role-play has some potential, and it would be a shame to let you ruin it.

So unless the admins disagree with me, the post stays. You want to stick with this thing? Study up on the world of Fallout and come up with a reasonable supporting character that can mesh with the rest of the cast. He doesn't have to be the coolest, toughest, most badass gunslinger the world ever saw. Just someone that adds to the story.

2. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Throw him to the weird, mutated carnivorous camels.

If you insist on being some sort of investigator, try playing as a water caravan scout, or otherwise an agent of some merchant guild.

Assuming there's something bad brewing in the desert, having merchants scout for safe travel routes and destinations makes sense.

3. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

What about this? John Clark is actually a psychopatic mercenary, who have read too much mystery, and horror stories (Herbert West-Reanimator). He is using this story about the dead, to distract people from his real mission: Take revenge on BoS, and kill that traitor who is the brother of the sir. John Clark killed the man's father.

Is this much better, so that you delete your post?

PS: I want to keep my character, and I shall write in the spirit of the world of Fallout.

4. Jungle Japes

No. As I said before, unless the admins decide otherwise, John Clark is dead. Try something else.

Also, I'd like to point out that we are on the American continent. Not Africa. So hyenas and camels are out of place. Let's try to keep these things in mind.

5. Arthgon

I forgot to tell you, that Sam, and the camels originaly came from a zoo. After their mutation they escaped from there by killing some of the zoo keepers. (they got help from a misguided girl's scout.)

6. The_Bob

Let me guess, you already made up a lot of this PI story and refuse to give it up just because we think it sucks ?

I suppose we could go around the democratic way and have a vote on whether to kick you out or give you another chance... I don't mind the part about zombies though, I like the prospect of bringing about a zombie apocalypse on the post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Anyhow, I vote in favor of keeping Arthgon around for now, and urge everyone else to resolve this quickly so we can resume playing.

7. Arthgon

This is just an idea: What about changing John Clark and Sam in two psychopatic mercenaries with Fallout character backgrounds, and replacing my earlier posts in the RPG to make it look better in the Fallout world?

8. Jungle Japes

OMFG. He's like the guy that joins the church choir, can't carry a tune in a bucket but sings louder than everyone else. And nobody has the heart to tell him he sucks and shouldn't be in the choir, so he continues to bring the whole choir down. Well I hate to be the asshole here Arthgon, but you suck. Your story telling and writing ability are on par with a 6-year-old. Forgive me if I'm not reassured by your repeated assurances that you'll do better next time, thus far they have all been followed by more fail.

Anyway, far be it from me to show up in the role-play forum and start trying to run things my way. If the rest of y'all want him around, great. If that's the general consensus, I'll delete the Mysterious Stranger post and John Clark PI and his talking hyena can continue blundering their way through this otherwise cool role-play.

9. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

John Clark is a closed chapter in my book. He wasn't a very good character to begin with, and his death was too awesomely timed for it to be undone.

Arthgon, whip up a new character and join the game again. It's not the end of the world.

10. Arthgon

Name: Edward .A. Duke
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 180 lbs
    Hair: Grey
    Eyes: Blue and cold
    Scars and wounds: Scar on his left side of his face, and missing the half of his left hand through an ambush of the BoS. (Graham betrayed him, and became later sir.)
    Profession: Mercenary

Pros: Knows how to fight with any melee weapons, and with his fists. In addition, he can sense trouble or danger before anyone else does. Because of his army training, he is good in surviving in any kind of environments.

Cons: He is very charming, arrogant, and most of all he is a psychopath with multiple personalities.

Weapons: Long knife, and a Colt Python pistol.
    Armor: Bulletproof vest under his brown suit.

Name: Sam
    Race: Awakened and Mutated Hyena (Yes, this is in the trend of Fallout)
    Profession: Mercenary, and companion.

Pros: Strong and tough, charming and intelligent.

Cons: Cruel, and has a taste for Human flesh.

Background History: After a long life in a small cage in a zoo, among others, Sam mutated, and awakened after some radiation struck the inhabitants. Using his charm, he convinced some girl scout to let him free. The girl opened the cage. Now free, he killed some of the zookeepers and the girl. Looking for a way out, he fled to the east. Along the way, he met Edward, and became a mercenary as well.

Mission 1: Kill the traitor sir Graham, and his henchmen.

Mission 2: Take revenge on the BoS.

PS: Can I keep Sam, please?

BTW: Should I trust the translations of Google Translate?

11. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

1. What army training? Was Edward in the Brotherhood?
    2. Ditch Sams vocal abilities or ditch him completely.

12. Arthgon

1. Yes, he was a member of BoS, but they ambushed Edward and his gang, after they discovered:

*That Edward was a bloodthirsty psychopath.
    *That he and some other members hunted and killed people for fun, and money.
    *That he robbed and killed merchants.

2. I shall ditch Sam's vocal abilities.

13. Jungle Japes

We're getting warmer, but not quite there yet. Of course, I really don't expect to see anything better come from you, so whatever. Just don't make the Mysterious Stranger show up again and waste another character for dicking up the story.

I guess whenever I decide what I want to do, I'll throw in a character.

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Suggestion: Sam talks... in Edward's head. He's just your run of the mill little fuzzy, but Edward is convinced that he's a talking SUPER hamster.

At least it gives Liz a chance to cotton on that he's out of his goddamn mind and take action before someone gets hurt.

15. Arthgon

Jungle Jape: What is my character still missing then?

Xiao: Yes, I like that idea.

I have change it a bit:

Name: Edward .A. Duke
    Sex: Male
    Personal description: Short gray hair, cold blue eyes, weathered looks, tall, stout, tough, blue jeans, brown sweater with hood.
    Scars and wounds: Scar on the left side on his face, and missing a halve of his left hand.

Pros: Because of his training by the BoS, he knows how to fight with any kinds of weapons, and survive in any sort of environments. Edward is charming and witty as well.

Cons: Arrogant, cold, cruel, sarcastic, and most of all a psychopath with a multi-personality problem. Sam speaks in his head. He's just run of the mill Mutated hyena, but Edward is convinced that he's talking to him.

Weapons: Long knife, and a Colt Python pistol.

Armor: Bulletproof vest under his brown sweater with hood.

Transport: Black Horse: A custom-made Chopper.

Background story: Before he became a mercenary, he was a member of the BoS for five years. Through the betrayal of Graham, the high rank officer of his platoon discovered that Edward was a psychopath, and that he and some other members hunted and killed people for fun and money. Also, he robbed merchants. On the way back to the base Edward and his gang were ambushed by the waiting BoS soldiers. Edward, the sole survivor escaped (while wounded) to the west. After his wounds were healed, he became a mercenary.

Name: Sam
    Race: Mutated Hyena
    Sex: Male

Pros: Loyal, strong, tough, intelligent.

Cons: Cruel, taste for human flesh.

Missions: Take revenge on BoS, and kill the traitor Sir Graham.

PS: Please give me some feedback. If there is something missing or wrong here, I shall edit this post.

16. The_Bob

17. Arthgon

I updated Edward's character sheet.

18. The_Bob

I wonder if two bikes in one place constitutes a biker gang in the fallout universe...

19. Arthgon

My first idea was that Edward has one of those Buttercups (from a raid on some merchants.) and modified it. Or is this too weird?

20. The_Bob

A badass, psychotic ex-BOS mercenary with a mutated hyena following him, riding across the wasteland on a robot pony. Not weird at all. Perfectly normal. That sort of thing happens all the time. Yup.

Our Host!