The Hunted

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Icairus, Sep 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

[ooc]I am going to, once again, try to start a thread, and this time, unlike with TGA, I actually have ideas... I am not trying to just start something to reboot the Roleplaying section.[/ooc]

Background:

Part 1 - Tulla
    Kiral was a great mage. He had a prodigious level of magickal aptitute that none had ever seen before. He was taken to Tulla early in his life, and he lived there, training to become master of many magickal fields. However, when he turned 18, his magick went wild, he no longer had complete control over it. When he was training towards Fire mastery, he cast a simple Wall of Fire, but he overdid it, setting much of Tulla aflame, burning down the entire Meta and Water college buildings. From these great flames, only a few survived. That night, all of Tulla went from being the sensible mages to a lynch mob, but they did not manage to catch Kiral, as he had created an illusionary version of himself and run, heading for what he hoped would be Tarant.

Part 2 - Ashbury
    Eventually, after much time wandering through the wastes, eating the occasional monster, but mostly starving, he made it out. He was wandering in no apparent direction, raving mad with hunger when he was eventually picked up by a group of adventurers who dropped him off in Ashbury. Now, first, everything was good there. He was placed in a hospital, and after a few days, he was better, and casting white necromantic spells on everyone in sight, healing patients of problems they didn't even realize they had.
    However, as seemed prone to happen to him, he started more trouble. When he was asked to cast a simple Stun spell on the mayor, he screwed up, and cast Disintigrate, not just on the mayor, but on the mayor's house, and the whole block around it. Now, there were plenty of people mad.
    Kiral somehow managed to escape, using a good bit of Tempus Fugit and Walls of Stone. However, he would now be hunted anywhere east of the mountains, as he knew, with the train, message would get to Tarant, and there would be many bounty hunters out to get him.

[ooc]First, we need people to be the adventurers after Kiral, but others joining him as he runs would be good, too.[/ooc]

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i'd like to participate but i dont know how this kind of thread is supposed to work... is there a faq?

3. josh86

josh86 New Member

<ooc>Hows this. I decided to be a joiner, and go with him.</ooc>

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Dude, I like this story and refuse to let it die!!!

Get back here now Icairus!!!

5. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

this whole forum was kinda dead before you posted this :p

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    This forum has always been a slow one, but it has been particularly inactive the last few months - or rather, it has been particularly inactive since Ferret... left? He hasn't shown up for like three months now, and that bothers me. I know, he said he was busy with College starting and all that, but that busy? Guess someone has to drag him back, wether he likes it or not...

Sorry for hijacking the thread though. I know very well that what I've written here ain't roleplaying. Give me some time and I might try to do some actual roleplay in this thread (the plot looks like it could be quite intriguing after all). I'd like to see this forum alive again.

7. Icairus

Icairus New Member

We can use this as a discussion thread for one that will run much like this.

If people will say they are actually interested, I will make a new one.

8. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I'm definitely interested. I thought everyone had written this forum off as being dead forever, but now you're trying to breath life back into it. Excellent.

9. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

one would guess that participating in this thread would be an enthralling adventure. If it gets up and going, then lets have it!*

Although if I may ask for a little more to the story; or will it be bulked up as we go along? And if this thread starts up and is active to some degree then I have got a couple of great ideas (I was always made to be the DM or GM back in the day when friends and I would game).

*me thought the idea was great, and would love to try my hand at this rp-ing story.

10. The Caltrop

The Caltrop New Member

I am very interested in this. IT sounds like loads of fun! :)

11. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Right now, I think AA is looking better, so The Hunted will not be restarted unless AA falls on it fat arse.

Our Host!