The Great Adventure!

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Icairus, Apr 9, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

[ooc]Character will be introduced later[/ooc]

I had rented a store in the center of Tarant, where every adventurer who was worth anything would see it. I wanted to make sure I got the best of the best for this quest. I watched as people read the sign stating that all adventurers were wanted for a great adventure. The sign also left them in suspense, informing them that the goal of the adventure would not be revealed until that evening. The sign also stated that, and this was the most important part, free refreshments would be available inside to anyone who had anything that remotely proved them to be an adventurer.

I watched as people began to file in, from a hidden location outside. I looked at each person through my specialized goggles, gauging their worth. What a pathetic bunch so far, hopefully the best will come in last, or I may never even begin my hunt for the... oh wait, you thought I was going to tell you what it was didn't you, well, you are just going to have to wait.

[ooc]What I think should happen is anyone who wants to be involved in the quest for a while can enter in now, and anyone who just wants to drop in later can be a bad people. It will become evening as soon as there is a reasonably sized group (reasonably sized can mean anything from 3 to a mole of people).[/ooc]

[ooc]Oh, and Ferret, if you even mention Aozos in a reply to this (your sig excepted) I will find you, hunt you down, and sterilize you with a spoon.[/ooc]

2. Wangus

Wangus New Member

[OOC] You said the people coming in at first were pathetic? Oh, I'll show you pathetic... :D[/OOC]

"Stop that man!" It was a quiet voice behind me, trailing even farther away as I ran. I slipped through the fat couple in front of me, around the corner, and into an ally. Ah, the greatest thing about Tarant is it's many passages. I smiled and turned my head behind me. There was no one around. Good. I dug into my pocket to see the spoils of my labor.

"What the hell?" I almost screamed. There wasn't enough money to buy a decent dinner in that man's wallet. I shook my head in disgust. Walking through a market backway, I spotted myself in the mirror. I looked at my shabby appearance. My clothes were beggining to look old, I'd have to get some more if I wanted to keep my innocent appearance up. I also looked definitely thinner, and it wasn't because of the running. My stomach growled in response to my thoughts.

I decided it was safe to jump back into the main streets. My eyes swayed back and forth like sonar, my head not moving an inch. I found a perfect target, a young woman with a beautiful new sash. I knew immediately that would fetch a good price, and if not that, a least it, with a few well placed words, would get me company for the night.

I walked past the woman and looked closer. The sash was put on too well to just swipe it. I concentrated my thoughts onto my fingers. Soon, invisible sparks flew out of them and struck the nearby wooden cart. The cart quickly burned, flames lashing out at the people close. I positioned myself behind the woman, my hands ready. As if she were obeying the thoughts in my head, she turned around screaming and ran into me. We fell together in a heap, the entire time, my hands working on the sash. I got it off and pocketed it before we even hit the ground. I pulled us both up, told the woman not to worry about a thing, and directed her to run away. She did.

It was hitting noon and I decided to walk to the center of the city for a bite. I passed by a store. It was normally empty and rented out to people now and then, but at that moment, many people were pushing to get in. I squeeze past a few people, relieving some of them of their money and wallets, and went to the sign. Someone was looking for great adventurers, and there was going to be free refreshments in the evening.

I walked in as quickly as possible. Free drinks and a gold mine of stuff? I thought to myself, imagining all the weapons, armor, and precious good-luck charms I could steal. This day is looking up

3. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

[OOC] I'm here! [/OOC]

The bustling streets made me nervous. People whisked past me, jostling me. People here obviously didn't care for others! I tipped my nose up in the air, scornfully, determined not to let my anxiety show. Brushing my auburn hair from my face, I pushed my way through the crowd.

Then I saw it: the most perfect thing. It was a sign calling for adventurers. I marched towards the building, determined. I was going to become a proper adventurer. Of course, I'd have to lie about my qualifications to get it, but I was too estatic to think much about that.

Oooo! Free food!

4. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

[OCC] I'm new at this so bear with me[/OCC]
    As I walked through the busy Tarantian streets, I noticed a large crowd a few blocks down. I slowly made my way down to the crowd to see what it was all about. A guard seemed to be watching me closely so I wrapped my dark cloak more tightly around my face, moved to the opposite side of the street, and picked up my pace. Once I was sure he wasn't watching me any longer, I moved to far enough into the crowd to figure out what was going on. Once I was partly through the crowd, I saw a sign explaining what was going on. So he's looking for adventurers, I can help him there. As I made my way through the crowd to the shop I felt fingers slip into my cloak's outer pocket. I quickly dropped my left hand to the dagger on my right hip preparing to slash the thief, but I turned and saw no sight of him. Oh well, I thought to myself, the wallet he stole barely had anything in it anyways. As if I would be so stupid to leave my real wallet in such an accessible place. Releasing my dagger, I tightened my robes and moved through the rest of the crowd so I could sign up for this man's 'adventure'. Well, I thought to myself, this should be fun.

[OCC] This is my first roleplaying post so if you wanna give me some suggestions, I'm open to them. [/OCC]

5. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I paused out side the shop, amazed at what was in the windows. Never had I seen such marvels! I supposed that the elves kept us young ones away from everything, free from the bustle of cities, away from the wretched "technology" of humans.

I looked back over the sign, making sure that my eyes didn't decieve me. It really did say refreshments, much to my delight, but it also said that they people who come should be experianced adventurers. This worried me. Would the person hiring know that I was fresh from the Glittering Forest?

All I really had to my name was an old dagger in a leather sheath, my bow, and my bag, which was full of clothes, stale biscuits, smooshed berries and an ancient gold ring I'd found one day while exploring the catacombs. I hoped this employer would outfit us, otherwise I'd never make it on whatever great quest I was (hoping) to go on.

6. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Quest

I looked into my rented storefront and decided that it had as many adventurers in it as I was going to get. I should have started my search in Caladon, they must have a larger number of decent adventurers.
    I was still waiting outside in the shadows, and decided that just walking in would not be the appropriate entrance, I will teleport right into the middle of it. I did so. Everyone in the room immediately looked at me, and many people ran. That was fine, they obviously weren't the ones I wanted. I was used to being looked at, due to the fact that until recently I was a beautiful half-elf. Now, however, with a big-ass dragon tail sticking out of my lower back, I assume I was no longer being watched in awe, it was now terror.
    I announced to everyone that I had called together this group to help me fix the fact that I had this tail. I had been cursed by a Dragon, that I would turn into a dragon.
    Now, I turned my attention to a human who was obviously not terribly bright, although quite skilled as a thief. He was about to try to pickpocket me. I decided that he was exactly the type of person I needed. When he moved up next to me, I made a little gust of wind, blowing his cloak open, causing the wallets of basically everyone in the room to fall onto the ground. I informed him that he was exactly what I needed, and that he was about to feel a little strange. I then teleported him to a room in a nearby hotel, so that he would not be on the wrong end of an angry mob.
    I then announced that the group would be starting in four days, and that we would start from the Boil, and I would supply equipment there.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ooc] This is my first attempt at roleplaying, okay? I've never really done it before. [/ooc]

[ooc]
    Character:
    Name: Randalph
    Race: Half Ogre
    Best skills: Melee (Master) , Dodge (Expert)
    [/ooc]

I had just finished hunting Will-O-the-Wisps in the Glimmering Forest. I slowly made my way toward Tarant when I had many esscences [sp?] to sell to scientists in Qintarra. My dog would have pursued these creatures much faster, but he had a hurt paw and was left back home in Caladon. I was just travelling to the smithy to have my sword and axe repaired, as they had both been damaged considerably. Then, I saw it. A sign asking for adventurers. What a nice oppritunity, I thought. I could hardly wait until that evening, when he told us all what the sign inferred...

*sorry this post goes up above*

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

[OOC]I'd like to join in, but I'll wait until it gets to the Boil. My character will come with his own gear as well :).[/OOC]

9. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Having us meet in the Boil was a stroke of genius, I thought to myself, anyone who isn't up for a hard journey won't last long here. As I made my way to Caleb Malloy's Bar, I spotted a decrepit beggar shambling about in the streets, but unlike so many beggars in this city, this one seemed out of place in his rags. His features and the way he held himself were all wrong for the dirt filled tattered clothes he wore. Something about this man is wrong, I can't place it exactly, but something is indeed very wrong. As I thought this to myself I resolved to keep an eye on him until I could devote my full time to figuring out what his story was.
    I pushed the beggar out of my mind and concentrated on the more complex question. I had seen many strange things in my time, many strange creatures, but I never saw a man with a dragon tail claiming to have been cursed by a dragon. Well, I thought, I guess now I've seen more. I guess you just can't predict what will happen in your own future.
    As I entered Malloy's, I made my way to the bar and ordered a drink. I barely noticed when it came as I was considering the various questions I had. I was shocked out of my thoughts when I caught a glimpse of the man who just sat down next to me. It's that beggar I saw before, only judging by his clothes, he's not a beggar at all. The man turned towards me and nodded. What is he nodding at me for? I don't even know him. Wait minute, he wasn't looking at me at all when he nodded. That must mean...
    My thoughts were interrupted when something was bashed against my skull. The force of the blow knocked my face onto the bar. As darkness crept up on me, I realized things weren't going to get better anytime soon.

[OOC] If someone wants to join in as the beggar or the man who hit me, they're welcome to. [/OOC]

10. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I'd asked around as to what the Boil was, and upon learning, I wasn't too thrilled to have to venture there. It did not sound like the kind of place I wanted to go to!

It'll be fine, I told myself. After all, adventuring is a dangerous business. You've got to take risks. I wanted to be a real, full fledged adventurer so badly that I would have gone to the meeting even if it was on the Isle of Despair.

I went to the armory, to kill time and to try on some armor. I didn't excatly fancy venturing into this 'Boil' wearing a dress. There I bought some old plate mail, dented and outdated, but I didn't have that much money to spend. With the rest of my money, I went out and got some food. I better get going soon, I told myself.

11. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

[OOC]I'm gonna give this a try, okay ?... let's see...OOC]

[ooc]
    Character:
    Name: Ragnor goldvein
    Race: Dwarf
    Best skills: Firearms (Expert) , Herbalist (Layman)
    Job: Hunter, uses his trusty rifle, "Martha"

Ragnor is a dwarfs dwarf... Looking out mainly for himself, and hating people in general... he is fairly young for a dwarf, but has still left his clan to seek a life outside the mines where he was born...

He has a long goldenbrown beard, and wears a used svede suit. His rifle is always on his back (when not in use that is)... Sometimes he can be seen going through Tarant with a boar or deer over his shoulder...
    [/ooc]

Tarant, what a nasty hive of scum and capitalist bourgeoisie fatcats... i thought... as i walked past a crowd of people standing by a store in the center of the city...

I had just recently got to town after a long journey, and was now looking for a place to stay for the night... I stopped and looked in my wallet...
    it was full, and i had already thought about what to spend them on... I knew a guy down at dragonhead ally, which sold good guns at reasonable prices, and finally !, i had enough for the lookingglass rifle i had seen last week...

I had a little money to spare, so i thought i would go get a drink at malloy's, and then hit the bricks at the quaint little place i had seen last week...

Is i walked in, i noticed a guy in fairly fancy robes, [ooc]Que Demosthenes[/ooc] sitting at the bar, A mage, i mumbled...
    there where a few other people in the bar.. mostly half-orc scum, but stil better than those blasted elves...

I had recently made a deal with an elf, who had backed off in the last possible second.. leaving me with over a dozen wolf pelts...

I shrugged and sat down next to the robed figure...

I was about to order a drink from the barkeep, when i heard a nasty "Crack" sound from besides me...
    Someone behind me had hit the mage in the back of the head, and had in the process managed to spill beer on my clothes...
    I looked at the man sitting next to the unconcius mage... he looked like a beggar, but his young face and his smug smile, made something inside me freeze...

The beggar got up, and went about dragging the unconcius body out of the bar...

Something told me i should just mind my own buisness, but i had a feeling that something was VERY wrong about the beggar... and i wanted to know what it was... so i waited until the two mysterius figures had a good head-start, and then i followed them... Creeping through the shadows...

12. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Beginning the Adventure

The Boil
    I made space for the meeting in the Boil far more easily than it had been in downtown. All I had to do was throw Maug into the sewer, injuring him, within view of his lackies, then get out of there, and within a few hours most of the Half-Orcs and Half-Ogres in the Boil were dead.
    I hired some people to set up an armory within Maug's now abandoned building. I then set up a table so that I could write down who came in, and make sure they stayed until death... nobody is going to just take some armor and run.
    I made sure to get from everyone a quick description of themselves - Name, Gender, Species, Adventuring Style, Sexual Orientation, wingspan, and favorite color.

13. Icairus

Icairus New Member

[ooc]It is really hard to start an adventure with a bunch of characters that have thus far not actually shown themselves to be interested in going on this adventure aside from having a post where they glance at a sign and say "Hmmm... an adventure would be fun" - and it would be good to get a little description of your character so others can relate to it.

My character is a very good-looking half-elf man with a dragon's tale sticking out of his back.

Jonathon D'Nar'Il'nar (He can't pronounce it either, but most elves can)
    Half-Elf, turning into Dragon due to cursel (He doesn't appreciate this very much)
    Magickal spells, particularly Teleportation
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Wings haven't come out yet, just a tail, although it will be huge when they come
    Cyan

14. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

[OOC] I was planning on having my character arrive late to the armor and weapon distribution meeting, but it seems that Icairus isn't going to post that for so a while. So . . . [/OOC]

When I regained consciousness, I found myself being carried by a burly individual. Probably the same guy who knocked me out. Keeping my eyes closed, I tried to figure out as much as possible about my situation before doing something to rectify it. Rectify it, and then rectify these people for ruining my day and robbing me of my ale. They had bound my hands with some type of rough cloth. I worked my hands around in it to gauge its strength. It's not iron, but it won't exactly be easy to break, still, I'll find some way to manage. I turned my thoughts from my restraints to the people I would deal with once I was free of my bindings. Obviously, there would be the beggar I saw earlier, and the guy carrying me. Judging by how hard he hit me, he was a half ogre or half orc. In front of me, I heard voices, one I recognized as the beggar's and the other was one I couldn't place. My thoughts drifted off until I realized that I was hearing not three people walking, but there was someone else. I wasn't sure, but judging from the way he moved, trying to remain silent, I figured he wasn't part of the group that captured me.

Figuring that I couldn't learn anything else with my eyes closed, I snapped them open. Ignoring the hideous face that wasn't looking at me, I turned my head to see further down the alley I was in. My guess before had been right, I saw the beggar striding confidently down the alley and behind him was what appeared to be another human. Nothing I can't handle with a little effort.

I focused my concentration to cast a spell and sent a nearby rock careening into the human in front of me. It struck him on the right temple and he dropped like the stone that hit him. One annoyance down, just two left to deal with. A noise of surprise from the half orc carrying me prompted the beggar to turn towards me. As a grin of confidence spread across my face, I summoned Earth magic to me once again to augment my strength and free myself from the cloth bindings. With my arms once again free, my left hand shot inside my cloak and emerged holding my dagger. A quick thrust into the half orc's gut downed him, but he took me to the ground as well. After removing his limp body from mine, I looked up at the beggar who was now smiling in a very menacing manner, although the revolver he held pointed at my head was slightly more menacing. In a quiet voice, he instructed me to drop my dagger. Rather than see how accurate and deadly his gun would against me, I slowly bent to place the dagger on the ground next to the body of the now dead half orc. He told me to keep walking and gestured down the alley with his revolver. I guess he thinks I'm harmless now that he thinks I'm unarmed. Well, everybody makes mistakes. In the second his gun wasn't pointed at me, I focused my thoughts and sent a ball of fire into his gun hand. When it hit the gun, it didn't destroy the weapon, but made it glow very brightly. Using this distraction to my advantage, I dropped my right hand to my left hip and drew my blade. Let's see how he deals with the touch of Icewind. I swung the sword that had been in my family for generations down at his right arm. The blue blade bit into his arm and severed it below the elbow. His forearm dropped to the ground and landed next to his dropped gun. Reeling from my assault and clutching his wound, he tried to flee. He only got a few paces before Icewind found his neck and separated his head from the rest of him.

Relaxing once again, I let the Earth magic withdraw from my hands and took a deep breath. I reached down for the beggar's cloak and tore a piece from it. Using the cloth, I cleaned the shaft of Icewind until its blue shine was unmarred. After resheathing my sword, I retrieved my dagger, cleaned it with another piece of his robe, and replaced it on my right hip. I returned to the beggar's body and rifled through his pockets. I found his wallet containing a few hundred coins. Definitely not appropriate for a beggar. He was also carrying a slip of paper. Hmmm, a membership card for the Gentlemen's Club. The card identified him as Percy Edmunds, a name that didn't ring a bell in my mind. Well Mr. Edmunds, I sure hope you weren't planning on being at the next club event. Chuckling to myself, I straightened myself and moved down the alley in the opposite direction Percy and his friends had been carrying me. In the shadows I saw a dwarf armed with a rifle, but paid him no attention. He wasn't hostile to me and I was confident I could deal with him if the need arose.

Once back into parts of the Boil that I recognized, I moved towards the meeting place that Dragon Boy had chosen. Certainly don't want to miss out on that, especially since I would have to rely on rabble like Mr. Edmunds for entertainment. Grinning, I strode towards the warehouse once inhabited by a feared crime lord.

15. Flink

Flink New Member

"Bloody blast it!"

I'd just spilled my afternoon tea all over my tailor made vest. They don't make vests like this just anywhere you know. The fabric was woven by forest nymphs. Forest Nymphs! Did that imbicle of a driver know how much a forest nymph charges by the hour?!!

I looked out the carrage window only to nearly hit my head as we went over another out of place cobble-stone.
    After getting my bearings I yelled out at the driver;

"I say! Would you be so kind as to stop going over every single loose stone there is in this city?! Civilized folk are having their tea! Not that a neanderthal like you would understand!"

The driver seemed like he pertended not to hear me. What nerve! I'm going to give him a peice of my mind when we get back to the estate. My old driver Biggsby never gave me this kind of trouble... So hard to find good help these days.

I was just about to refil my cup when I looked out the window just as we came up to the entrance to an area of the city that looked perticulary flea ridden. A dirty old sign said right outside sayd: "The Boil, Enter at your own risk!" How charming...

Now, normally a person of my standing wouldn't be caught dead in this part of town. But I'd heard from one of the servants that someone was looking for adventurers. I'd ones been an adventurer of great standing you know. Yes indeed. Why, I and Lord Feldorn (Of the Caladon Feldrons don't you know) Spent much of our youth out in the wilderness fighting orcs and rescuing damsels and all that. Well, our servants did most of the fighting but it wouldn't be right for men of our caliber to dirty our hands. We did of course give our servants fire support with our pistols. A gentleman never engages in hand to hand combat. Of course we didn't do it for the money, but one does get bored when not having to work and all that.

Now as I was getting old I suddenly felt the urge to ones again set out on a perrilous journey. Buying steel mills and lightbulb factories does get quite dull. Fom what I'd heard from the servant girl this quest sounded to be something right up my alley.

As we came to a stop I waited for the driver to open the carrage door for me. It took him a while to realize that I was waiting for... But he finally came around. I gave him a glare as I stepped out. The smell of this place was unbearable. Hopefully I wouldn't have to stay long... My Half-Ogre body-guard jumped of the back of the carrage and joined my side. Sure, He was dumb as a post but one must protect himself when travelling to a suspool like this.

I made a motion for the driver to wait but either he mistook it for a wave, or he didn't want to stay here even if it ment losing his job becuase he quickly jumped up in the drivers seat and drove off. As soon as I got back I'd see to it that he would never work in this city again! We made our way towards the building where the signup was held. It wasn't hard to find. All we had to do was to follow the orc corpses.

As we came in the signup was already in full swing. Some odd man with a tail seemed to be the leader of the expedition. How quaint. I ordered my bodyguard to push the riff-raff that was currently standing at the signup table out of the way and made my presance known to the tailed fellow.

"Greetings my good man! My name is Lord Charles Roxton the third of the Tarant Roxton's. You've probably heard of me. I own 70 percent of the steelmills from here to Dernholm don't you know. I'd much apreciate it if I could tag along on this little expedition of yours!"

The man looked somewhat surpriced to say the least. He probably never expected someone of my breeding to be interested in his little quest. I desided to continue.

"Don't worry about any equipment for me old boy. I already have everything I need packed and ready. Where should I put my bags? I trust you have some form of transportation in order?"

The tailed mans surpriced look had shifted and he now looked pretty annoyed. He pointed towards the list that was lying on the table. "Sign here" he said altho I'm not sure he really wanted me to.

I started to write my signature.

16. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

Upon seeing the gruesome slaughtering unfolding before me, I reminded myself why I hated mages…

I snuck out from my hiding place behind the water barrel, and looked around of any trace of the mage. He was nowhere to be seen however, and I decided to take a closer look at the “Beggars” body. He was badly mutilated, "Damn those blasted trick artists” I thought, “Why can’t they fight like real men ?”.
    I reached into the inner pocket of the robed man, and withdrew a silver watch. It had been cracked during the fight, properly, but there where still some readable text left on it.
    “To Ed, from y…r friends in the gen....en's club”… “Rubbish”. I thought. “No watchmaker with respect for his practice forgets to mage-proof his work”…I stood up and took a deep breath, and started to walk down the ally…
    The gentlemen’s club ?… That was a clue, at least, though I could properly not get in with MY attire.
    I would have to freshen up, and get some nice clothes, but that would cost me…

“Ah well, the rifle can wait… This gentleman business sounds intriguing…”

Then I steered towards the nearest clothier, humming a tune I had heard long ago, home in the mine..

Dwarfen burial song

“When the flame of life burns out, and the spring of the soul is quenched, the spirits of the earth and stone comes out, to take the dead away. Deep within in the earth, awaits a life of toil, a new beginning, of a story brought to end.
    The deepest realms holds no surprise, as we lived them through and through, as dwarfs are born, so taken is, the soul of young and old”

A carriage rolled by, as the dwarf disappeared in the fog…

17. Flink

Flink New Member

[OOC]Whoops! forgot the character bit. Comming right up[/OOC]

After signing my name I looked up at the tailed fellow who was obivously in charge. With a dashing smile that many a lady had fallen for in the past I handed him the form. My smile had no effect on him what so ever. If anything it just made him look even more annoyed with me. He quickly threw the form back across the table. Without saying a word he pointed towards the lower part of the form which had several categories like Age, Race, gender and the like. What nerve! This man had never heard of Lord Charles Roxton?! The man who's steel mills cranks out hundreds of tons of the finest steel this side of the great mountains each day! Charles Roxton! Leader and financieér of the famed Kree expiditon! Charles Roxton! One of Tarants greatest Polo players?! Oh well... There's no point in making a fuss...

I filled out the remaining fields.

Name: Lord Charles Roxton III
    Race: Human
    Magick/Tech abtitude: Magick is for the elves and forest nymphs thank you very much! As for technoligly, I've been known to dabble in it. Its very fashionable for a gentleman to carry a pistol these days. I'm quite proficient. Just ask the chairman of the "Gentlemens Firearms club" in Tarant. I'd never get my hands dirty fiddleing with a gun tho thats for the common folk.

[OOC]
    Alright, this guy is ment to be one of Tarants few remaining aristocrats and he's proud of it. I'm trying to make him a pompus and arrogant as possible so please don't be offended by what he (I) says. :) He really likes to brag and tell tall tales. So don't de surprised if something he tells you isn't quite true.
    [/OOC]

18. Ferret

Ferret New Member

[OOC]
    OK, I really don't have time for this and I still don't have a modem so I might be a little sporadic at times (should be cured this weekend though hopefully) but I'd like to join if possible. It's been a while since I did any roleplaying here, as nothing has caught on recently, but this thread seems good and you've got a few players already so if it's alright by you Icairus can I join in still? :)

I'll probably reuse my character from the old Cumbrian War thread with a few tweaks here and there. Basically a female human magick user called Katherine. I'll post the full bio when I write my first post and introduction, which will be later today hopefully since I'm still at work and technically not supposed to be here....
    [/OOC]

19. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

[OOC] This has been really dead lately, I'll make an attempt to revive it. [/OOC]

I made my way to the warehouse dragon boy had designated for the rendevouz. Grasping the rusted handle, I pulled the creaky door open revealing a dark, dank room. With a word, I summoned a flame to my left hand and raised it so its light gave me a better picture of the room. I saw a table in the center of the room with a chair behind it. Lying on the table was a pen and a sheet of paper with several names on it. I picked up the pen with my right hand and signed my name and a brief description of myself.

Name: Luinil
    Race: Half Elf
    Appearance: Long brown hair, sometimes worn in a braid. Eyes sometimes change color, but are mostly grey blue. Scar on left side of face running from eye to mouth.
    Magic/Technology: Elemental magics, concentrating on Fire and Earth.

Once I had finished with the paperwork I looked around to see if anyone else was still around. Seeing no one, I replaced the pen and turned back towards the door. I strode out of the building, extinguished my flame, and closed the door behind me. I headed for the inn a short walk away from the warehouse, it would be a good place to spend the night.

20. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I'm BAAACK

[ooc]Sorry about the massive delay[/ooc]

It seemed that everyone was done checking in for this adventure.
    I now had a stack of papers containing personal information, and it didn't look like there was a single decent adventurer in the bunch. Oh, well... they would have to do. Hopefully some skillz will be aquired along the way.
    Everyone seems to be ready, they have all been equiped with the latest in weaponry (not really... but none of it sucks enough that it will break on them)
    I stand on top of the table and retell what we are doing. I inform everyone that my name is L'nari Smith and that I was a half-elf, and that I had been cursed by a dragon to transform slowly and painfully into one of its kind. The Dragon in question lives at the northeast tip of the Grey mountains. This means we will be going over Hardin’s Pass then around the mountains all the way to the Dragon.
    I then instruct everyone that we will now head off.

I then walk off, and enter the nearest building, where I fall to the ground, unconscious, to return a couple days later with a few more dragon-like qualities.

Our Host!