THE END

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Quethim, Dec 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I saw Hor-mel struggle to get out of his hole, followed closely by a gigantic spider. I hadn't gone to all the effort to let him die on me now. Grimly, I stood up, grabbed the axe handle I was going to use to make a new axe, and headed over to him...

2. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I saw a spider clrawl up out of a hole after one of the humans. I pulled out my blade(not my bow cause I saw the half ogre dude in my way)and then I jumped from the tree.

3. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"Oh fuck!I haven't fixed my revolver yet!" I pulled out my sword and rushed forward the spider.I leaped forward and sliced one of it's legs.He hit back and I was nearly hit.I fell on my butt he prepared to strike a deathblow on me."FUCK"I closed my eyes.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Damn humans, always getting into situations that they couldn't get out of. No one was going to kill my companions but me, not after all the trouble and pain I'd gone through.

I pitched the axe handle at the spider, which it hit with a resounding "Thunk". I took the opportunity to pull the unfortunate fellow it had nearly killed out of the way while the spider was still stunned.

It was very pissed off now though. I grabbed the sword out of the human's hand and pressed my attack...

5. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I prepared to lunge from my knees and drive my blade into the spider's maw, then everything happened at once. An Elf came plummeting from the trees to land on the spider's back. Richy ran from the forest and neatly sliced off one of its legs. Then an axe handle came whistling through the air and struck the beast a mighty blow. The spider was stopped in its tracks. Dreig ran to the injured figure of Richy and pulled him to safety while I struggled to my feet.
    The spider seemed to be recovering, and I could hear more chittering from its lair. Little ones? Or a mate?
    Dreig grabbed my sword and advanced on the wounded spider. I drew my dagger and hobbled forward, staying at a respectful distance from my Great Sword. Perhaps the Elf needed some help.
    I hoped Dreig had some knowledge of Magick, or that Sword might not work too well for him.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Damn! This sword was magickal! It would serve for the moment though. I heaved upwards and swung down at the spider.

The sword bit the dust a good foot away from the spider. Damn. I never liked magick - too unreliable. My technological abilities weren't helping either. I dropped the sword and scrambled to pick up my axe handle - it could give a good stunning blow anytime, and more importantly, it was reliable...

7. Quethim

Quethim New Member

When I landed on the spider I had my sword pointed downwards and it stabbed right into the spiders back. I saw that the spider was down and then everyone started to attack it. The spider woke up and flung me off. I landed on a really sharp rock and I fell unconsious.

8. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Pumping my arms and legs like huge pistons, I hurtled through the forest, whipped on by the intensifying pain that was a sure sign Hor-Mel was in danger. Plus, I'd never really worked out how to use those shite-filled timers, and I'd only just remembered that you're meant to keep them the same way up.

Branchs snapped and exploded as I ploughed through the woods, until I exploded into a clear area in a cloud of leaves and woodchips. Thanks to the magic, it only took me a split second to spot Hor-Mel, on his knees near a huge spider. The others were attacking the beastie but I couldn't tell whether they were winning or not, and the magic wouldn't let me risk that they weren't.

Slowing only a bit, I changed direction to head for the monster. A second later I barged it at ful speed, taking it square on with my shoulder. The horrible thing was flung throught the air, with me tumbling after. Some other poor laddie also seemed to be caught in the mess.

Maybe I was just about to get my head bitten off by the foul beastie, but I grinned a massive grin; for now the bloody warning-pains had stopped.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

That ogre had come at a fortuitous time - that spider had been just about to strike. I didn't have any poison cures on me, or the ingredients to make them. Maybe ogres were good for other things than carrying baggage after all.

Then again, maybe not, as he'd also collected me in his charge with the spider. I was going to have to have a talk with Hor-mel and the ogre when this was all over.

I stumbled to my feet, bellowed a roar of pain and swung my axe handle with a club, blindly. I hit something, but I wasn't sure if it was the ogre or the spider. Either way, I was getting even...

10. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"Hey I think the female has come out to the party"the female was twice as big as the male one.I stood up grabbed my sword jumped up and stab at the female.The sword slipped off.It seems it had some kind'o shell on it.I hit and dodged,hit and dodged but my blows would have no effect.Then it hit me and drew some blood from my stomach."Damn you got me mad!"my sword was five or so metres away so I pulled out my mechanical dagger,jumped on the spider's back and stabbed the dagger in to it's eye.It let out a nasty sound.I pulled out the dagger and stabbed again and so on...It's every eye was stabbed a few times.The spider let it's final scream and fell.Now back to the male.

11. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I woke up but something felt wrong.I seemed to be lieing in slime or something.I got up but then the ground fell and I was in a large cave with a lot of webs and eggs.I was to weak to fully see what was in the room and I tried to get out but then something knocked me back down.Before I fell down I screamed.
    "HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!"

12. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

The Elf struggled to his feet as I retrieved my Sword and approached. He took one step forward -- and vanished into the ground!
    The forest floor must have been undermined by the spiders. I rushed to the edge of the sinkhole and peered inside. Sunlight, filtered through the leaf canopy, allowed me to see the Elf, sprawled on his back, and small shapes converging on him.
    Well, one good turn deserves another, but this wouldn't do my leg any good. Still, the floor of the burrow wasn't very far down.
    I jumped into the hole and felt something squish beneath my feet. It was hard to see, so I enlarged the opening of the sinkhole with the Sword, cutting great swaths of moss and root away.
    We were surrounded by dozens of spiderlings.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feldon Kane on 2001-12-14 17:35 ]</font>

13. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I saw someone come down but I could not really tell who it was.
    "Thanks for the help"
    I got up and looked for my sword a felt real weak and I just fell back down.I tried to get back up again but I could not do it.
    "Curse this body!!!!"

14. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

"Stay down and get your back to the wall if you can!" I shouted, and struck at the nearest spider. Without my Magick of Strength, the sword was a bit unwieldy, but it did it's job this time, and the horrid creature was sliced in two. There were still many more, though, and they were scuttling to their webs. From there, I knew, they would jump on us from above, and it would all be over.
    Fire. That should do it. I concentrated my energies and directed a ball of super-heated plasma at the densest portion of the webs. They burst into flames and several spiders were crisped.
    Now if the Elf and I could just get out of here before the fire consumed us as well. By the firelight I could see a dark tunnel that seemed to lead upward.
    I dragged the Elf to his feet.
    "Come on! We can escape through the entrance to the burrow."

15. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I regained consious and it seemed as if I was fully healed too.I ran through the tunnel with....whoever it was(I still could not tell by the darkness)
    "Alright but we must hurry."

16. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Fuckit - I had about a heartbeat of relief before the pain was back, stabbing behing my eyes like a Gnome with a needle.

Damn that Hor-mel. Why couldn't he be a coward and let me have an easy life? Why was it always the brave ones who felt the need for friendly ogre?

Unable to stand the pain I rushed to the hole, and looked down. Hor-mel and one other were down there in the darkness. Briefly the hole lit up, blinding me momentarily.

When my sight cleared, Hor-mel and the other were gone from under the entrance and spiders were chittering around. I leapt down and laid about me with my fists and feet. The spiders were yound and couldn't pierce my tough skin, but they tried and I wasn't immune to the icky feeling of having the little bastards climb all over me.

I thought heard a voice and the magice was leading me in the same direction, so I started up a dark tunnel. It was cramped, and I'd always been a bit ad with tight places. I hoped the tunnel didn't get narrow enough to make me lose control. The prospect of being stuck in the darkness unable to do anything but gibber like an idiot pushed me one step nearer he brink.

17. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Hm where did most of them gone?And the male was still alive.Although barely.I ran up to my sword and picked it up.I kicked off the ground and landed on the male with my sword pointing downwards.Luckly it's shell wasn't as hard as the females.It was dead.Hm now where did the others go?I guess I'll wait for them.I sat down and started fixing my revolver.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The fight was over. Man, was that a relief. I collapsed on the ground...

19. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

The Elf (BloodBane?) and I hunched our way into the tunnel. The darkness was complete, except for the faint glimmer of the Sword and the flickering of the fire behind us.
    Far ahead, I thought I saw daylight, and I increased my pace.
    Then, from behind us, I heard the sounds of a new struggle. It was as though a paver-setter machine was rolling over a tribe of Kites. The Guardian Ogre?
    "Carry on, BloodBane, for there's not room for two to do battle in this tunnel!"
    I ran back down the tunnel, directed by the firelight and the flickering shadows of battle.
    And then the light was obscured by a hulking form which thrust itself into the tunnel entrance and...stuck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feldon Kane on 2001-12-15 20:47 ]</font>

20. Quethim

Quethim New Member

When I made it to the end of the cave I had no idea where I was.Around me I saw a lake, but no trees or no river that leads to the lake.
    "Well this is sure strange because there is no forest" I yelled to whoever was behind me.

Our Host!