THE END

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Quethim, Dec 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Death: Now hero i will finish you muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Hero:i can take you out with my bare fist(he punches deeth but it does nothing).What!! How could this be I used some good dwarven built spiked gloves!!

Death:muhahahahahahahaha fool u can not beat me(Death touches the hero and the hero just falls)Now i will take the land of Arcanum.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Meanwhile, a half-orc sits at a bar in Tarant.

"Hey you! Yeah, you! I don't like the look of you boy!"

Great, I thought, another moron.

"Yes, what do you want sir?"

"Get outta here, you filthy half-orc"

Oh. He was one of those types. "No."

Next thing I know, this drunk launched himself at me. I grabbed his right fist with my left, grabbed his head with my right hand and brought it down to my knee. He dropped.

"I said no."

3. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

She was the daughter of a wealthy Arcanum Pogen. I knew because of the fine furs and trappings she wore even in the sweltering heat. Her clan was known for breeding the finest Morgans in the region, and for the development of clever ointments to cure saddle sores.
    I didn't want to kill her, but Guild coin was already in my pocket. I poised myself to take out the first of her two half-ogre bodyguards with a leaping backstab, when from the roof beneath me I heard the sounds of a struggle.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

What a moron. Common sense says that you don't attack half-orcs, especially when they are bigger than you, and not nearly as drunk.

I turned to the bartender. He had a wooden club in his hand. I looked around. Everyone was picking up, or making, weapons. Looked like this guy had been a friend of theirs.

"Hey come on fella, he attacked me."

"Get out of here you filthy half-orc" said the bartender.

That did it. I may be a half-orc, but I bathe regularly. No one calls me filthy and gets away with it.

I let out a breath. "Why do you persist in this venture?"

"Get out."

"Okay. After you." I jumped the bar, grabbed the bartender and threw him out into the street. Pretty much everyone else dropped their weapons, or went to see to the bartender. I went to walk out the door, but an elf blocked my way. He sniffed the air. "Something smells unpleasant here"

"Outta my way, pointy-ears".

He smiled. "As you wish." As I walked past him, I turned, just as he swung his knife towards me. I dodged, but instead of getting my heart, it got my left shoulder. Now I was pissed off.

I pulled the knife out of my shoulder, grabbed his head and sliced his throat. My temper really gets away from me sometimes. I heard the shout of guards from street, and sounds of running.

I looked for another exit...

5. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I knew I recognized that voice from somewhere, and it always meant trouble. Still, I could always catch up with the Poganette later. My heart wasn't really in my current project, anyway. It was dull.
    I concentrated intently on the Magick that would give me the strength and speed I needed for the battle which was now raging below me.
    My grappling hook was still attached to the stovepipe of the pub, and I knew there was a window beneath me. I let out just enough rope and leaped from the eave of the building, hoping my arc would carry me through the window and not into the wall.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I heard movement on the roof above...great, just what I needed, to be swarmed from all sides...

"THIS ISN'T MY FAULT!!!" I roared. My denial was obviously ignored by the two guards who burst through the door.

"Stay still lad" one said.

The barred window behind me burst open as someone swung through it. Ouch. That had to have hurt.

7. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

'Damn!' I hadn't realized that the window was barred. Well, there was no turning back now, and I crashed into the window feet-first. Glass shattered around me and pain lanced through my legs, but I knew I would survive.
    I twisted and landed on my feet, drawing my Sword in a smooth movement. I threw the rest of the rope back out the window. My escape route seemed to be on the ground two stories below, because the main entrance was filled with town guards facing an angry and familiar Half-orc.

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I looked at the unfortunate person who'd crashed through the window. He looked like he'd be okay, so I turned back to the guards.

"I'm telling you, this is all a big misunderstanding. Some guy just insulted, then attacked me, so I fought back. Then the bartender attacked me. So I threw him out the door. Then that bloody elf tried to stab me in the back, so I slit his throat!"

"That's not what the others are saying, half-orc" the guard spat.

"What are you planning on doing? Going to kill me? I thought that was against the law, the murder of innocent citizens by the town guard."

"Oh, we are the law laddie. No one is going to take the word of a worthless half-orc over us..."

Looked like no escaping this situation peacefully. I dropped the knife - my left arm wasn't much good for swinging - and pulled my axe. This was not going to be fun. Dammit, why didn't I have a sleep-in this morning?

9. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

At two stories up, that bartender was probably dead. But there was no love lost between me and the owner of this establishment. I knew he was in cahoots with Willoughby, the son-of-a-bitch who was trying to "clean up the city" and put me out of work in the process.

I recognized the Half-orc from Caleb's in The Boil. He looked like he had his hands full. I have always pulled for the underdog, and this was no exception. I saw that the fellow only had one good arm, so climbing to safety through the window was not an option.

I rushed to the attack, determined to inflict as much damage on the Town Guard as I could.

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

That fellow was made. He'd just crashed through a barred window, and was rushing the town guard. Still, I'll have no one 'nobly' die trying to protect me. I charged, swinging my at the guardsmen's wrist. Off came the hand, and the sword it was holding. One down, and only the gods knew how many more to go.

If me and that other fellow managed to dispatch these fellows, we could work out something else. I caught an answering sword blow on my axe handle. The sword cut deep through it - it would hold for now, but the axe was next to useless. I really had to make one with a steel shaft someday. I dropped my axe, and smashed my fist into the guard's face. As he fell to the ground, I stomped on him and grabbed the sword...

11. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I reached the door as the half-orc was rearming himself, and caught a guard in the neck with my blade. Rather than let him slump to the floor, I used my boot to push him back off the Sword, and into his fellows. Two of them fell shrieking into the street below.
    The landing was now clear, but if we stepped onto it, archers below could easily pick us off. There was no escape through the door of the tavern.
    There had to be another way out. A crooked bartender like Bluto Rootsucker would never let himself be boxed-in. Perhaps behind the bar...
    But first, a diversion. I let go of two of my spells and felt the strength leave me. I could still move quickly, though, and it was time for a new spell.
    "Friend, if you can keep the landing clear for a moment, I can bring us help!"

12. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I was walking some street in Tarant and saw a bar brawl taking place.I took out my clarington rifle and rushed in hoping to find some adventure.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

My left hand was slick with blood. I heard the human shout for me to keep the landing clear. Fine with me, I couldn't think of any other way out.

I sliced a bit of a guard's tunic off, and pressed it to my shoulder. I heard running up the stairs. Cursing, I dropped the rag, picked up my sword and stood slightly off to the side of the door, waiting to give whoever came through a beheading...

14. Quethim

Quethim New Member

After i was done with that damn hero who thought he was soooo powerful I warped myself to a famous bar,because i needed the rest.When i made it to the bar a saw none there but a couple of dead bodies of guards and a half-orc with wounded arms and a magick user.

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

"Who the hell are you?" I demanded of the weird, um, thing, that had just appeared in the bar. I certainly wasn't in any position to take on more than one guy at a time, and this fellow looked fresh enough to take 3...

"Hurry up!" I shouted at the guy behind the guy, hoping that this new arrival didn't know he was there, and thought I was shouting at someone else...

16. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"U there roten orc what happened here,I want answers now!!!!!"

I do not walk in stead i just warp to move and so I warp to the half-orc

17. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

This was truly strange. Perhaps there were anti-magick wards in the bar, because my spell failed miserably. Instead of a Guardian Ogre on the landing, I had produced a -- I wasn't sure what.
    But I had discovered another exit from this place: a trapdoor behind the bar. Unfortunately, the guards on the floor below had discovered it as well. I split the skull of the first one who poked his head out.
    We were in dire straits.

18. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"Get out of my way mage"
    A lot of gaurds game in and so i warped to one and touched him and then all the others fell
    "There now you guys can get out of here"

19. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

The guards must have tossed some sort of hallucinogenic into the pub, because my head was swimming, but the trapdoor beneath me seemed real enough. Apparently only one foolish guardsman had thought to come up this way.
    Or I was facing another trap.
    Either way, it was better than staying in this hell-hole. The place seemed to be teeming with creatures. They flitted here and there, and they all looked the same. They spoke, but I could not make out their words. It was almost as though a mage had somehow increased his teleport abilities beyond all known capabilities, or my Summoning spell had been defracted in some way.
    "Here, fellow, I have found another exit. It may be no safer, but it's surely saner than this madhouse!"

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Hearing the fellow shout, I turned to face the, uh, thing that had appeared so suddenly in the bar.

"It was all a misunderstanding. I have to go now."

So saying, I turned, ran, and vaulted over the bar...and went straight down through the trapdoor, to land on the floor below. Damn.

My legs were killing me, but after a second or two to steady myself they seemed okay. I could always see a physician later. I waited for the other fellow to come down, because I still didn't have any idea what to do next.

Our Host!