The Chuck Norris paradox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frigo, Jul 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

They could win if he was drugged with fourteen times the deadly doze of Valium to elephants. But it would be a narrow victory. Maybe a 35-40% chance.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

If that. Chuck has such control over his metabolism that he would have to want to be drugged for anything to take effect. If that was the case, Chuck Norris would need to WANT to lose. If THAT was the case, then Chuck Norris would achieve his optimal outcome by losing, and therefore he would win.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I've got it.

Rasputin could beat Chuck Norris.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

The Chuckadox (as we call it in the trade) is a version of the heavy rock paradox.
    Can an omnipotent god create a rock so heavy that even he cannot lift it? The answer is yes.
    How can this god be omnipotent if lifting the rock is beyond his power? Simple. At the moment of creation the rock is too heavy for the god to lift. But if the god wishes to lift it he can increase his power thus enabling him to lift the rock.
    So to answer the Chuckadox: Chuck Norris can punch hard enough to knock out a Chuck Norris. However at the moment of impact the Chuck Norris becomes strong enough to withstand the blow. Basically they would continue to beat each other until the end of time.

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

But the real question is why would a God lift an unliftable rock when smiting it is faster, easier, and looks cooler?

7. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Well the philosopher who originally came up with this paradox wrote down "unsmitable", looked at it, looked at it some more, decided it wasn't a real word and changed it to "unliftable".

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

No. He did it just to prove that he's got style, and that bragging isn't for him.

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone must tell me why everybody is talking about Chuck Norris ,like if he's kinda a god or something..

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

If you bribe me I won't report you as one of the unfaithful.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

*Looing in my wallet* , nope not a coin , but sure i like him to , but.......WHY DOES EVERYBODY TALKING SO MUCH ABOUT HIM???

13. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Is it not right to praise the High One? I'm praised as the High One by several animistic tribes in Northern Canada, and I feel that's right, why isn't it right for other High Ones to receive praise?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure , you have teached me to faith in the big Chuck Norris

15. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

your mockery of the Holy of Holies is so pathetic you don't even deserve Chuck Norris' boot in your ass.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have i in anyway said that i don't like Chuck Norris?

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

Chuck Norris can see the truth written in your heart. His Holy Spirit moves within me, and informs me that you are not, in fact, a brother.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

It's right there in his post. I say we call upon an "Acolyte of Chuck*" to lay the smack down on Van Stran. Who is up to the challenge?
    I am but a Cinderblock-kicker in the Pantheon of Chuck.
    *a person who, while very powerful in their own right, pales in comparison to Chuck Norris**. I say we would need to call upon an Acolyte because of Mr. Norris's busy schedule.
    **For example, if Chuck Norris was a diety in the realm of D&D, he would have somewhere around 160 character levels (in Chuck Norris), as well as about 50 divine ranks.

20. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

*gasp* You edited your post to make it look like you were a faithful! Luckily Gross got the real thing quoted first though!

Our Host!