"The Bangellian Scourge"; RP Idea

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Gjerdev Ankarus, Oct 29, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Yay! Military men! You just made Lou's day. Soldiers tip well and tend to appreciate pretty women. :D

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I only really had your character to work off Xiao so I had to make it something you could interact with, mind you, entertaining troops in the Grey Mountains, tsk tsk.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

One Word: Stun.

Six Additional Words: "I set my cleavage to Stun."

Lou is gonna be sooooo much fun to play.

4. Gjerdev Ankarus

Gjerdev Ankarus New Member

Xiao: I'll have to give my character some points into willpower. :lol:

I'll open the thread tomorrow or the day after, but today's a bit busy.

5. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Well, I might use that time to create my own character in detail then.

Name: Mesteut Abehneil (yeah, my nick actually comes from the name I use in RP)
    Race: Human
    Starting Location: On the seas, between the Isle of Despair and the Vendigroth Wastes.
    Appearance:
    1.76m long, of athletic build, yet not very broad. Dons some light leather armor, a beret and a cape. Carries his rifle on his back, and a rapier attached to his belt. Has semi-long (for a man) dark, wavy hair, some Turanic features (like slightly "Asian" eyes). Here's a picture I drew in Paint for illustration:

[​IMG]
    (Cape not included)

Personality:
    Loner. Detests magick, especially when practitioners make a proit out of it. Adventurous. Tends to hate people quickly.

Background:
    Born in Ashbury, Mesteut was raised with people around him under the threat of Necromancy, and with tales of cities destroyed by magick. Thus, from childhood, he has thought of a "final solution" to the "problem of Arcanum". He worked hard to gain enough expertise to put his plans into motion, but in turn alienated everyone around him. He detested them in return "for not understanding him". All his hard work did one thing good though - He rose up very quickly in academics, and he graduated from Tarant University with honors in Firearms Studies, by the age of 20. He now travels the cities and the land, learning new things and trying to hone his skills, to prepare for the future cleansing.

Skills:
    One rank in Melee, Dodge, Heal. Two ranks in Firearms.
    Firearms Engineer, two ranks in Explosives, Smithy, Electricity.

Schematics:
    Can produce Bullets extra.

Spells:
    None (naturally)

Equipment:
    A beret, a cape, a worn leather armor, a rusted rapier and some intricately made old rifle. Oh, and some bullets.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

So Matthew, why not 175cm?

7. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Well, I think I said before that I like to play myself, just in different settings. (The face of that drawing is a pretty accurate cartoonized drawing of me, actually). So, we had body measurements in school today, and I weigh 71.3kg and I'm 176cm tall exactly.

P.S. The name is not Matthew. Still pretty close, as it's the Turkish equivalent of it. =) How did you get the name though?

8. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Here is my character:

Name : Edward A. Duke
    Race : Human
    Title : Lord
    Starting Location : Tarant

Appearance : 6'3 tall, short dark hair, 180 lbs, weathered looks, stout, and tough. He lost his right eye (He has a long scar on his right side of his face), and some fingers of his left hand, through the psychopathic serial killer called "The Axe man".

Family : Archduke M. J. Duke (His father)
    Louise Duke (His mother)
    Robert Duke (Younger brother)
    Rianneth Duke (Younger sister)
    Caithlin Duke (Youngest sister)

Personality : Snobbish, arrogant, cynic, but with a good sense of humor.

History : He was born in the most expensive area of Arcanum, because he is one of the four children of an Archduke. When he was of the right age, he went to the expensive ‘Lewton Private School’ with his brother. There he learned to behave by his title, (And learn to read, and write, etc.) but he was fighting with other children as well. (He was and his very good in fistfights.) At the age of 18, he got his scholarship, and his Master of Laws. Then at one night, he told his father that he did not want to have a job with the help of his rank and the influences of his father. His father did not like it, but he agreed, only if he lives up to his title. Some years later Edward became a Police Detective in Tarant. Because of his acts of bravery, and solving many crimes, he promoted to Inspector. Two years ago, while he was on the trail of the psychopathic serial killer called "The Axe man", he was injured. Now he is trying to find out why the “Axe Man” disappeared, (There are some hints that someone of his rank got something to do with this.) and the connection with the Bangellion Scourge.

Skill Ranks : Some ranks in Melee, Dodge, Persuasion, Pick Locks, and Spot Traps.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

So Mehmet then. Or Mehmed. Or Mehmud. Or Mahmud. Or Mahmood.

"Name: Mesteut Abehneil (yeah, my nick actually comes from the name I use in RP)"

+

Google

=

Blimey!

10. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

It's Mete. Mehmet, Mahmud and their derivatives come from Arabic. Mete is the ruler of the Asian Hunnic Empire (the great one). The name is kept in Turkish, and used.

Oh, and yer a smart one. You just got a thumbsup.

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I see you have already started, my PSU blew up/overheated. I need to buy a new one, don't know when that will be as I am now forced to rewrite my uni essays. So I hope to come in a few days but if the story progresses too much during that time I will have to drop out. Mind you training in the grey mountains etc doesn't really mean I need to be too active for the time being.

12. Charonte

Charonte Member

I don't see why everyone should start looking for the Scourge at near-enough-to-exactly the same time, anyway. Feels sorta contrived.

13. Gjerdev Ankarus

Yes it does, your point? This is simply the fastest and simplest way to make it happen. The RP is a lot more nazied if people must go through the channels of making contact with the rumour and deciding what to do, as opposed to just assuming that those events have already occured, and occur around, but dispersed over a general time frame.

Perhaps some archaeologists or historians of some other repute and employ have verified at once a number facts surrounding the legend, in a major discovery heard the world over? That would conveniently solve the problem.

14. Rain-Dog

Rain-Dog Member

Is it ok if I join now the RP is underway?

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Can't see why not Rain-Dog, as for the rumor, how about we all hear the rumor in some different way, I like for the story to build, but obviously not take a month to get started.

16. Gjerdev Ankarus

In the future I would pm over something like that (just for sake of simplicity), but it doesn't really matter. Yes, go ahead and join us, if you want.

Also, I'm sure you're aware, but there's a degree of courtesy about randomly killing people, doing ridiculous things, etc. Not to presume, just making sure you're clear on the "etiquette".

Zanza: Those bits go in the invisible prologue, as it were, at least that was my implication in planning this. It seems to be going well so far, and everyone seems to conveniently avoid mentioning how they heard the rumour and came to decide it was worth trying for.

Besides, there's a sweet 'n' tangy layer of concealment if characters' reasons for seeking The Scourge can either speak for themselves, or be daunting and intriguing mysteries.

17. Rain-Dog

Rain-Dog Member

Yeah ok, I shall know for the next time. So how would this be for a character?

Name: Tyr
    Race: Human
    Starting Location: Somewhere near Kree
    Appearance: Tall and muscular, thick browed and hairy, with slightly wild eyes. Wearing barbarian armour made from leather straps and metal plates that does not cover very much of his body. Carrying a large broadsword, various knives and a hunting axe.
    Personality: Selfish and violent, Tyr has little regard or interest for anyone else. He wanders the land, a typical outlandish barbarian. A lust for wine and women leaves him always needing more money but his greatest loves are battle and the wilderness. Not exactly intelligent but cunning. Has a warped moral code but a morale code nontheless and although he'll happily betray and the kill most of the people he comes into contact with, if he forms an attatchment to them he can be very loyal. Hears stories of the Bangellian Scourge and decides that it would be just the weapon for him.

Skills, Schematics and Spells:
    Experienced in all combat skills but little else.

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Love it, love it, love everything about it.

19. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I like the barbarian approach, perhaps a spiritual successor to the Bane of Kree.

20. Gjerdev Ankarus

Our Host!