"The Bangellian Scourge"; RP Idea

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Gjerdev Ankarus, Oct 29, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I thought so. We all make mistakes, I'm no exception, but pointing them out is sometimes too tempting to resist just like that.

2. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Pointing out mistakes actually makes people fix them, so I don't mind. Kinda the way all scientific progress was done, y'know, although in this case, it's much much less important.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Except I forgot to throw in a word and it was world war 3. Anyway I plan to throw in my character soon, I was thinking with the battalion it could give the other characters a bit of senseless cannon fodder they can burn through without stepping on others toes.

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I'll be playing Viktor, an arrogant Tarantian occultist. Viktor is a tall, thin man in his early twenties. His hair is blonde and his eyes are blue. He wears a common-looking nice suit and a pair of spectacles. He's fresh from his studies in Tulla, where he was part of a particulary nefarious group of students including a certain Caladonian noble called Geoffrey.

The rest will be uncovered during the course of the game.

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

A friend of Geoffrey Tarrelond-Ashe? Oh, we're screwed.

6. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Friend? Geoffrey? Why do I think that those words do not fit each other?

That character should be interesting, I bet.

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Well, okay, yeah, maybe 'friend' wasn't quite the right word. But how else would you describe someone who he doesn't want to kill and/or fuck on sight?

8. Wolfsbane

"Partner in crime" or, maybe, "asset".

9. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Acquaintance? Mentor? Fellow student?

10. Wolfsbane

So, is this thing happening? Should one of us start it up, or are we waiting for something?

11. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

I'm waiting for GA to settle on the exact setting. Oh, and he can initiate this too, considering he's the OP.

12. Wolfsbane

13. Charonte

Charonte Member

Then make your own bloody thread and start, already. It's GA's idea, we should give him the chance to initiate.

14. Wolfsbane

Cranky, are we?

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

He gets like that, a way of flexing his e-muscles. I vote we give the OP a week to make his intentions known, in which case we can discuss further plans.

16. Charonte

Charonte Member

Funny, the same thing happens in real life.

I wasn't cranky at all; I was saying 'bloody' to character the writing and not trying to sound shitty.

Oh, I'm so misunderstood

One week sounds good, that'll give me time to get through the majority of exams and either read/participate.

Not taking anything personally are we, Zanza?

17. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Oh course not, I must of misunderstood your motives. Good luck with exams.

18. Gjerdev Ankarus

Gjerdev Ankarus New Member

Right, been a bit busy lately.

I was hoping to wait for a few more people to finalize their characters, but I suppose we can get started sometime in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, here go some basics:

The rumour of the Bangellian Scourge is an olde wives' tale, only just now being taken seriously and told in tandem with verifiable facts. The year is 1874, and the rise of technology has forever changed the face of Arcanum. Gilbert Bates's machinations have grissled and chugged for decades yet, and the New Age is enveloping the Olde. The ears of a handful of strangers from about the Southern Continent come to twitch with curiosity, and for whatever reason so, at an olde legend retold. Whether or not this is to interfere with the coming of The Living One and his recorded adventures, is to be decided by the actions of said strangers.

So there you go, rumour emerging, well into the age of technology, handful of strangers, can fuck up the timeline all you want, go nuts.

As for characters, you naturally don't really need to make a "character sheet" of any kind, your character can be self-defined if you like.

Submitted for your approval. Will this do?

19. Wolfsbane

That was one good introduction. It'll most certainly do.

20. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Name: Markus De Groot
    Race: Human
    Starting Location: 710W 551S (Base of the Grey Mountains) - Currently conducting training exercises (at least that is what he told his superiors).
    Appearance: 5'10" and built, with short brown hair shaved to 2" in length and cold green eyes. Dresses in the usual Tarantian military outfit however as an officer of higher rank he tends to where a long coat over the top. (Picture the dwarf with their long coat but on a human)
    Personality: Typical of an officer he is cold, stern and calculating. Known among his peers to be a superb tactician, his superiors often hold him with great suspicion as he regularly plans more for the future than the present. Loved by his small but loyal force of troops, Markus finds confidence in their devotion.
    Background: Born in Tarant, Markus has lived the majority of his youth in luxury until on his 15th birthday his family was overthrown by an accusation of treason from a rival family. Forced to live in the boil for three years his training as a child in the rapier became handy. His family was found innocent of all charges however they had all perished except for himself during the hard times they experienced. With his name cleared, Markus joined the military at age 18 where he recieved further melee training as well as firearms training which he picked up extremely fast. He gained the nickname "the silver marksmen" when he proved his firearm skills by gunning down 43 opponents in a skirmish single handed using silver bullets. No one knows why he chooses to use only silver bullets but rumor is he feels that if his opponent must cross into the afterlife, then they shall have some silver to pay the ferry. As people usually pay i gold this rumor is still just a stab in the dark. Markus made an oath when he joined the military to never allow the corruption of the nobles of Tarant to control the military as had happened to his family. For 25 years he has pursued that dream. Why he pursues the Bangellion Scourge, the sword of corruption itself, only he knows.
    Skills, Schematics and Spells:
    * 3 ranks each for Dodge and Melee (Rapier and Hand-to-hand).
    * 4 ranks Firearms (Sharpshooters pistol).
    * 1 rank in Gambling.
    * 2 ranks in Persuasion.
    * No schematics.
    * No spells.
    * Has 40 loyal troops each with 1 rank in melee and firearms (balanced sword and rifle).

(May seem a little overpowered in talents however he is an older character and one in high position) - Send me a pm if changes need to be made or if anyone has some constructive criticism.

Our Host!