TES RPG Discussion

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Oct 15, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I was thinking of starting a RPG based on the world presented in the TES-games. The game will take place in Vvardenfell, the great volcanic island in the eastern land of Morrowind, the land of the Dunmer (Dark elves). I'm not going to present the entire world here; look it up on Wikipedia. I've found all sorts of reliable information there, and you should as well. The only thing you have to know, when creating a character, is that you are foreigners to Morrowind, coming into Ebonheart in the south by boat. Ebonheart is a big Imperial port town, and is the center of Imperial power in Vvardenfell.

The RPG takes place after the Nerevarine-period, and it has become uncertain if any of the Tribunes survived the Incarnates fury. No-one has heard from either Vivec or Amalexia since, and all attempts to contact Sotha Sil has failed. Morrowind has entered a new era without its God Kings, and the people is slowly adapting to the new, or the old, way of life.

You, as foreigners, are here for various reasons. You could name that reason when you create your character, or you could reveal it as you go in the RPG, you decide.

There are some races that you can't play. Some of them are mentioned as extinct on Wiki, but others just don't fit into my idea. First of all, rule out all the races presented as Akaviri. Then, if you have to play a beast-race, the only ones I allow are Khajiit and Argonian. Of the Mer, the elves, you may play Dunmer, Altmer, Bosmer or Orsimer. Of the Human species, you may play as Imperial, Redguard, Nord or Bretton. That should cover it all.

Also, I don't want characters with any major political or military influence. You can be great warriors or wizards or whatever, but be cautious with giving yourself any real power.

Now, that's for starters. Anyone interested?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  3. Wolfsbane

Nice. Any more info you'd like to give us, or is that it? :p

4. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

The plot unraps itself one piece a time...(??)

OT, I'm on to the whole idea, just gonne get a character ready..

5. Dark Elf

Media:
    Well, let's see... Padraig Onmar, born and raised in the Imperial City, Cyrodiil. A scholar, swordsman, poet, scientist, tinkerer, dabbler in the magic arts, wanderer, tale-teller and connaisseur of fine teas, Padraig has seen most of what there is to see on Tamriel - except for Morrowind, his parental home. Longing to see his volcanic homeland, he booked passage on the first ship from Cyrodiil set to his ancestral home.

Equipment: Exquisite clothing, Silver Longsword, an ornate flute, books on various topics, several bags of tea.

More to come...

6. Wolfsbane

Nice. I'm starting the RPG now. Anyone's free to join.

7. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Well, here he is;
    Jarthlanie Hasell, born in Hammerfell as a proud Redguard. He left to see the land and he now servers as a mercernary and known to have some basic skills of the magic art. Following thw work that was given he finally ended up on Morrowind and has spent the latest time here.

Equipment: Sturdy clothing, a Steel long Sword, a chainmail and some other stuff of little importance.

8. Wolfsbane

I'm playing as Curio Tiburtius, a former soldier of the Imperial legion. Since his "early retirement", as he stubbornly calls it, he has travelled across the northern and southern parts of Tamriel, discovering, to his great demise, that he absolutely hates both Skyrim and Argonia. Still searching for a new place to belong, he made his way north from Black Marsh, towards Morrowind, in a desperate last attempt to settle down somewhere else than in Cyrodiil.

He still wears parts of his armour, as they are not forbidden for non-members of the legion to bear, and carries his enchanted ornate dwemer shortsword with him wherever he goes. He looks like the average Imperial; short, dark hair, brown eyes and thick eyebrows. He is of medium built, with the exception for his muscles, grown large from his many years of hard training.

9. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

Ralel Halleeb, born under the birthsign of the lover, is a calm and patient Monk. Ralel has committed his life to discipline and the mastery of his soul. Currently, he is a member of the surreptitious monk guild, The Legacy of the First. The Legacy of the First is known for inovoking the more dramatic elements of red martial arts-- using the arts as a means of destroying life, by channelling the absolute power of the soul. It is an artform banned in Cyrodiil.

Recent events beneath the stone streets of Cyrodiil have divided practitioners of the dark arts into conflicting factions (this of course, is a reaction to Lord Tyeriu's most recent rampage). The Legacy of the First refuses to participate in these politics; it would rather practice undisturbed. Thus, the Legacy of the First has set out to join its brothers located East of the Glacier or Mortag. But, Ralel has taken up on a hiatus from his brothers... something from his past seems to compel him towards Morrowind...

While social, Ralel is not as outgoing as other Imperials. He prefers to keep to himself at times and can often be reclusive to his own thoughts and feelings. He is eloquent, poetic, and a dedicated companion amongst the right crowd.

Equiment:

Black cloth garments and a grey robe. He wears simple black jewlery except for the red fang that he keeps tied around his neck (often times hidden in his tunic). Ralel is well groomed, his hair is short and black and he keeps a thick black goatee).

The red handwraps of the Legacy.

A small black dirk for grooming.

A small medical kit including scissors, silk, and a few vials.

A pouch of black bread and a pouch of water.

10. Wolfsbane

11. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

12. Wolfsbane

This is where we discuss the thread. If you want to dicuss anything, anything, discuss it here.

13. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

Pardon me wolfsbane, i had both windows opened when i posted that comment. anyways i removed it from the actual rpg and i am reposting it here.

I just want you guys to know that I'll be trying to write longer and longer posts (maybe about 1/2 a page) to move the story along but to develop my character. Does that sound cool? I have a new full page almost done, needs editing.

Do you think we should talk about where the story is going to keep it up for a while? Just some general ideas? Like establish a general plot for which lots of little quests stem off from it?

14. Wolfsbane

Write some sort of plot, eh? I don't know about that. I've never done that before. I think the plot more or less unravells(spelling?) itself as the story goes on.

I can establish a few things that will happen, though.
    - One way or another, you'll all survive the fight with the pirates.
    - One way or another, you'll all reach Vvardenfell.
    - One way or another, you'll all be members of the same party.

Anything apart from that is up to you, as players, and me, as participating GM, I think. If you have an idea of your own, let me hear it either here or by PM (better for secret stuff).

15. Dark Elf

Media:
    Well, it seems I've passed out. Whatcha gonna do about that, eh?

16. Wolfsbane

Maybe you'll all pass out and wake up as slaves in Sadrith Mora?

17. Dark Elf

Media:
    Possibly, but wouldn't that break lore though? Inferior races like beastfolk and humans are kept as slaves, Dunmer generally aren't... of course, some Telvanni mage or another may need an apprentice to keep an eye on the walking dead they keep around.

18. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

we can let the plot unravel itself. but i would like to discuss what happens perhaps just slightly in advance of it happening.

that would be really cool if Dark Elf woke up amongst the slaves.

wait so im thinking, there are corrupt nords working for the dark elves? im still writing out my combat sequence but im hoping to throw in one of those more armored dark elves.

or were you thinking Dark, that you were mistaken as a Dunmer amidst the combat?

I think the nords should have been enslaved by some Dunmer...hm maybe ebonheart has fallen to some wicked mage?...

19. Wolfsbane

You are free to speculate as you wish, but don't assume anything. Who knows if the Nords are crooked? Maybe you'll be the one to find that out?

If you haven't figured it out, the armored Dunmer are clad in Bonemold.

20. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

sounds fair. to be honest i know very little about morrowind. i watched my friend play redgaurd in 8th grade. so ive been reading up on the lore quite heavily. any ideas where to look besides the wiki (and installing the game? the computer im using atm doesnt have a video card)

Our Host!