Technologist help required!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Mercury, Dec 10, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Aww, shit. I'm really getting tired of this, but hey, it's tradition:

*pounds someone's head*

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I have no idea why he was dying, it has nothing to do with your aptitude though. Technology does not poison people in Arcanum.

3. rEt.aR.d

rEt.aR.d New Member

As far as I know technoglogical aptitude does absolutely NOTHING positive except some people will have better reaction towards you (but mages get that too).

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Magical aptitude increaces the damage of your spells, but tech does nothing at all.

5. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Technologist became a bit boring, despite that i really enjoyed my character at first. Im gonna restart the game with a fighter whit supportive magicks.

6. Gabriel

Gabriel New Member

Tech sucks!! Wish there could be resl magic!

*damm, im becoming a kid!*

7. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Im playing my fighter/mage at the moment and in terms of power he is basically the same. Although i have reached twice as big armor class already than i had before and im only in the beginning.

There is an annoyance though. A fighter/mage requires almost every stat! When you play a technologist gunner you only use perception, intelligence and possibly charisma. But my new character needs everything besides charisma and beauty!

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    No, it's because that knight has this funny habit of standing in the middle of a bonfire. That's NPC AI for you.

9. Wolfsbane

The best fighter you can have is the typical half-ogre kille machine. If you want a magical h-o killing machine, get yourself a helm of evil, and then wait for a wise woman to sell you Arcane stuff. For weapon, use the Bangellian scourge or the Sword of Baltar.

If your going tech with the same character, get the Iron clan hammer and then the large plate. The only place you can get that plate is from Black Root. It only apears when you're on the hunt for a boat. Two half-ogres and Killian Drake will be standing in the alehouse. Kill them and claim the amor.

And there you have it.

10. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Okay, i encountered this really annoying bug. After i level up my magickal apitude is supposed to be 35. However, it changes in to 45 or 15 if i move. This is irritating, because it has a significantly negative effect on my spells. How can this be fixed?

11. Wolfsbane

Well, you can always repair the game, by clicking on the repair icon on the start menu, but otherwise it can't be fixed. Unless you're not patched. Then you can patch and see the trouble go away.

12. Mercury

Mercury New Member

I seem to have encountered *another* bug. I chose the 4th level Fire spell, which turns you in to a fire elemental. The problem is that i can attack only once, but i have much more actions points and i also cant cancel my turn. After i move eneugh for my turn to end, then the next turn i cant attack at all.

13. Wolfsbane

Just quit using the goddamn turned-based combat and grow fast enough to use the realtime combat. TB won't lead you anywhere.

14. Mercury

Mercury New Member

You do not understand! I *love* turn based games.

15. Wolfsbane

Well, stop that, 'cause there's no solution to your problem.

16. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Wolfsbane, go away. Turn based rules.

17. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Hmmm, it seems i became bored of my new character as well. He became too powerful too quickly. Using spells which boost my speed and dexterity, i became too fast for anyone to respond after my 20+ attacks. I easily cleared out any dungeon without even resting. I also had too much money to count.

I think i will turn back to my technologist. There something about steampunk technology and dwarves that i really like.

If that wont work i think i will start a gnome or elf persuader combined with magick or technology. But id like to ask though, is charisma significant in Arcanum? Will i be doing less fighting if i have high charisma?

18. mathboy

mathboy New Member

It's been years since I played it last, but I think Charisma only affects how many followers you can have. So YOU will do less fighting the higher Charisma you have, but I don't think your party will be in less fights. Intelligense is the stat if you're going to be a persuader as it gives a lot of new dialogue options.

19. Box of Fox

Box of Fox New Member

I love charisma. Master Persuasion kicks ass.

20. Mercury

Mercury New Member

This seems to be a very good character idea. Il be a highly charismatic and intelligent elf mage with a crowd of people following him. But first i will finish the game with my steampunk technologist.

Our Host!