Strange Happenings (due to it being a demo?)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by celebrim, Jun 6, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. celebrim

celebrim New Member

I just want to confirm some strange things that I've seen happen and make sure they are only happening because this is the demo.

I cannot equip the large shield.
    I cannot equip the rustic finery.

When the shopkeeper asks for either the boot or the camera, no matter which I "give" him for his information, both items are still in my inventory. Also, I can "give" him the items even if the item is actually in the possession of Virgil.
    This seems odd since the blacksmith Pure Ore quest seems to work fine (one Pure Ore disappears from my inventory).

I cannot initiate dialog with the dwarf guarding the steam engine.

Once I get the location to a town (Trantor or the other one to the south) the dialog option still appears as if my character does not know it.

I cannot seem to damage structures or containers myelf. If I throw something at one, my companions will begin to beat on the containers until they break open, but I cannot seem to do anything myself.

Please let me know if any of these events happen to other people and are due to the demo, or if I am just doing something wrong.

2. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

Celebrim,
    Glad you asked.
    1-This is a missing art issue and only effects the demo.

2a-a bug that I believe was fixed.
    2b-Why shouldn't you be able to offer quest items i a follower's inventory? Makes for a handy shortcut.

3-He's a quiet sort.

4-Dunno, haven't seen or heard about this.

5-Hit F5 to give your followers a 'back-off' command and they'll leave the fight, whether against baddies or barrels, to you. Remember, breaking open containers, doors, etc will damage most weapons. Choose your tool wisely.

3. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Once I get the location to a town (Trantor or the other one to the south) the dialog option still appears as if my character does not know it.
    -----------------------
    Yes its the demo .You can still reach tarrant if you want but its empty in the demo.
    ----------------------
    I cannot seem to damage structures or containers myelf. If I throw something at one, my companions will begin to beat on the containers until they break open, but I cannot seem to do anything myself.
    --------------------------------------------
    press the shield to go in hostile mode
    You must press alt +left click

or ctrl +left click ?

cant seem to remember.
    ------------------------------

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chrisbeddoes on 2001-06-06 08:03 ]</font>

4. Blunder

Blunder New Member

It is alt+left click.

Also, I find that if your character is equiped with an axe, the weapon will take very little damage when open anything wooden like a barrel or a chest. A bladed weapon will take considerable damage though.

5. Lord Jantar

Lord Jantar New Member

Another odd thing that I noticed is that I was tramping around whatever that town is called, the one that starts with a t that you can get to if you go around the river. Anyways, I was going around in that area (on the world map) and I noticed when I went into random encounters, there was no map- ie no scenery, just these weird blue polygons, like a bare design. Could still move and fight though. :smile:

Also, while tramping a little south again in that area, I ran into this pack of guys (ie NPC's), that were part of the order of the evil one. They said they were some order called the m-something's and that no one escapes after being marked for death by them. I was left with no choice but to kill them. ;D

EDIT: oops, lol. I just found out the blue-polygon effect is mentioned in a lower thread. Well, color me embarrased. :smile: Haven't seen the evil order guys mentioned though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord Jantar on 2001-06-11 22:34 ]</font>

Our Host!