Storyline?

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Sleek_Jeek, Jul 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Was Jesus...

1. White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Black

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Asian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Indian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Arabian (Middle Eastern)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. A Stealth Ninja

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Just remember that a gravedig ain't such a grave offence at this very slow forum. Had this been the GD or the Hints & Tips, it'd been different, but as for now...

Now, the recent content in this thread, that's a different story.

2. mathboy

mathboy New Member

A futuristic Arcanum sounds cool, maybe that's what Troika's working on. :)

3. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

I don't think so. Arcanum came out 3 years ago, and at this point, I doubt a sequel is coming. SOrry to ruin your hopes Math. what I'm wondering about at the moment is why SLeek posted this Is Jesus Gay thread in the Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum? I find that more interesting than the grave digging that has occured.

4. Baal

Baal New Member

Well the thing about Arcanum 2 is somewhat on topic, but it hast to be said “GRAVE DIGGING”!!!

If you people start talking about the “was Jesus…” pole again I will start yelling again :x , if you want to talk about that go to the General Discussion forum. It just pisses me off having people talk about Jesus in the Arcanum forums.

5. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Why can't a sci-fi/post apoc arcanum be what Troika is working on, the concept pictures from www.cglenn.com of that guy in the desert could very well be from Vendigroth, or maybe the forest outside Quintara, after the humans cut it down.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    That's what I thought as well. The leather armor, the desert and everything - sure, it could be some kind of space adventure a la Dune, but since we don't have anything that confirms what it is as of yet, I'll keep on dreaming.

Arcanum 2: Rise of the Dark Elves! :lol:

Oh, and Baal, considering yor random outbursts of (presumably faked) mental instability, what right do you have to complain, really?

Besides, that wasn't a gravedig.

7. Sebow

Sebow New Member

Nah, seeing as you guys are so interested in Jesus:

Arcanum 2: Jesus and Beyond

Jesus: (Girly Voice) Omg, that is a big gun you got there
    Man: ...

8. Baal

Baal New Member

9. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

Hah-fucking-hah.

10. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Man, that cglenn guy's awesome. I wish I could draw that well. I'm gonna ceck out his site some more.

11. Pik

Pik New Member

Perhaps Arcanum II should not be set in far future? Imagine times of WW I or II in our world! Or second and third decade of XX century perhaps. It's only few decades after the first game, which lets new plots come into existence, yet deeds of the previous hero are still fresh and he himself might be still alive (Living with Nasrudin in hiding? They've got similar reasons.). Connections between the games could be made, first primitive and unreliable, yet powerful mage-tech items produced (like the gun from tarant newspaper)... Imagine, that the first World War was the last dramatic action of the united sorcerors of the world against overwhelming technology. And communism? Who would be Arcanum's Iljitch? And Marx? Perhaps the first hero tried changing the world, but he lost control? The time I propose is rich in events, where a hero may arise. Also it would permit tecnological transport. This means mages ought to get empowered as well. Enchanting items - do-it-yourself? Also bear in mind, that while you could easily buy a tech item, you'd need a mage to mage-tech it. Even if you could magick a handgun you still could not reforge an enchanted blade without destroying enchantment.

PS. I know, that magick and technology are opposite, because one uses the laws of nature and the other alters them. Mage-tech items could be weakly enchanted tech items with high safety margin compensating low nature alteration.

Our Host!