Stocking The Alchemist's Shelves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiao_Caity, Jan 20, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

You meant you wouldn't do it otherwise? :p

Oh, and everytime I hear the name Briony, I think of Irony.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Orintil, that's embarassing. Go to the shame booth. *sigh* Leet... honestly...

Certain people are guaranteed a cameo. Dark Elf, for example, will be an Unseelie Sidhe who lords over the place with Vorak, a warrior from the 'barbarian' lands who controls others through a combination of a vicious temper and a surprisingly sharp mind. Puppy will be precisely that, a large dog who mooches around the place and trying to knock over people's beer mugs for a drink. I might even include DarkFool, if he doesn't object to being a demented jester with most of his screws loose.

3. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

That is a very cool idea.

What for kind of race is Vorak then?

Some kind of a weredog?

BTW: Do you need more Alchemic things or other stuff for the novel?

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Vorak will be human. There's only two sentient races in the world - Humans and Sidhe. (Familiar Elementals don't count - their sentience comes from their summoner.)

I'm always after new Alchemic ideas, but plot-wise I'm pretty much set. Now all I need to do is sit down and actually write the blasted thing.

5. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously...but I'll try to do better next time luv.
    Yes, I know, it's been more than a week...I'm going to get some major shit now aren't I? Christ ya'll are finicky bastards....I was in the hospital.

6. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

One word: Jet.
    Lots of it.

Maybe some Buffout and Mentats too.

Stimpacks are for pussies.

7. soviet

soviet New Member

yes, this is a gravedig, but I just can't resist.
    the shop needs a small and well-locked/enchanted box with weights/slabs of pure gold and silver and a shelf with slabs/bars of iron, copper and lead - an alchemist should be the authority on metals second only to a master smith.
    the shop might have gems and maybe powdered gems, if the universe allows those as magickal components.

8. Arthgon

Sovjet/JLT you know that gravedigging is not something to be proud of. *stands ready to shove the shovel*

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Right, I've been practicing, let's see if I've got the hang of this technique yet...

GiWAT! *freezes soviet solid* Apparently so.

10. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Wonderful. I wonder if this'll demolish your newest account. So, why would you go and grave-dig a thread like this, when you could've easily sent a message to Xiao, and saved me the energy involved with writing out this question?

11. soviet

soviet New Member

*the ice vibrates and shatters, blatantly ripping off a Vanilla Ninja video* pure exhibitionism, actually. and a minor topic revival.
    on topic - someone already mentioned that the shop might have glass wares. I'd like to add a small crucible to melt sand (with some secret components) to alchemical glass, and maybe add a calcifier (alchemical oven) somewhere to the equipment.
    and in the locked box with the precious metals, there certainly is a small pouch of powdered beryll for the very special occasions.

12. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Seriously, you've already pissed off Vorak, by admitting to illegal acquisition of video games. Don't go around pissing off everyone else by gravedigging too.

13. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    To bad the Tree(s) has it's own agenda. I think it would be nice if the forum could contract it out.

14. Arthgon

That is a good idea, we could bribe the tree(s) with a virgin. BTW: To shove or not to shove the shovel, that's the question.

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

What really amuses me is that his poorly written asides could somehow be of any use to me whatsoever. If he'd actually bothered to properly read the thread, he'd never have bothered.

Excuse me now, there's an all-powerful Esper who I might be able to contract for an assassination. I'm sure the trip out of Netrdeon would be payment enough. (And if you actually understand what I'm referencing there, I both love and pity you.)

16. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

*hefts his axe*
    Fine. I'm going, dammit. Here I was enjoying retirement, too.

But seriously Soviet, why don't you lurk for a few weeks/months, and then come back? It'd save you from another ban.

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Don't bother with the axe, DF my friend. I have a psychotic mass-murderer capable of destroying entire towns with the wave of his hand waiting in the wings. The promise of a day trip out of the sword was enough to get him to come. We're just waiting for the right moment.

:D Gosh, but power trips are fun.

18. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    See.. I don't know what your talking about
    yet
    I know you still love and pity me. :D

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*chuckle*

For those wondering, Google 'Conversations within Elsydeon' and go read the comic. Mwahahahaha.

(Incidentally, the FOmarl looking for Ash and Lina Inverse were both mine. Joel just got my hair wrong the first time. :D )

20. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Wait a minute... Lina Inverse? Never knew she was anything else than a DotA-hero.

Our Host!