Shall I Be Hammer Banned?

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by ytzk, Oct 17, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

None of the above, though I see you are being C in not grasping the very simple concept of manning up and not being a bitch. Well done now just leave instead of saying you are going to and then returning. Have the balls to either stay and stop whinging or leave.

2. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I still think we just make the consolidated GF FAQ a universal sticky.

3. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Well, Zanza, I've just read your last hundred posts or so, including the thread about the rules by RodneyDale and I think I see your point of view better now.
    Truly, I never encountered Xiao and only brought it up because it seemed incongruously offensive. I didn't realise there was a tradition of bitching about her especially, or that the local troll had started a similar debate. I'm embarrassed, I admit, and certainly man enough to completely ignore your touchiness about it.

4. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure we even need "rules," the only thing which is non-obvious (in the sense that it gets broken often) is the gravedigging concept, and which threads are exempt.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with your randomness, but that particular one was pretty amusing. <3

5. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Man, I walways thinks I have little to do, but when I see someone has read zanzas last hundred posts? Man, that's just scary.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Maybe this place desensitized me, but I'm surprised someone actually felt offended by Xiao's version of the rules. It's hardly the most offensive content one stumbles upon around here. It's almost like a test saying "If any of this offended you, your life around here is going to be a hard one. Also, please go here".

It's hard to lead a dictatorship without admin powers.

When a bully says "Don't act retarded or *threat*", you hardly have a reason to worry about, right?

But I get it, you're not against the content but the form. Why care? Nobody else does.

7. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I think TheDavisChanger has the correct mindset on this one.

8. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

The thing with ignore is that you already can do it.

I mean, if I dislike a thread, I JUST IGNORE IT.

C wat i did dar?

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Wow, you mean I can ignore things just by not reading them? What a novel concept.

10. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

What about having Dark Fool, magikot, Muro, or Dark Elf write up a list? They seem to be the most long-standing mature members who could create a neutral, unbiased, and sufficiently informative list.

11. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

LMAO!

Dark Fool is the most persistent troll this place has had (even more than HWLFP).

I post nonsense and one-liners.

Muro, though posting informative stuff in the arcanum boards, has too much fun playing with his sock puppets.

And DE is too apathetic to do so.

12. Grossenschwamm

Well then why don't we just leave it as is? I'm certain that not everyone will read malice in Caity's words. I didn't. I just thought she was a
    bitch.
    I just skimmed over the rules and determined that I may be right.

13. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Maybe we should unsticky it and let it flounder away. It's not like we get a massive influx of new members in here.

Also, raging at people for not using the search function is silly. Search functions aren't even effective on young forums, let alone ones that are 10 years old.

14. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

15. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the search function? It always seemed to work fine for me.

16. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

The search function works fine. You just need to know how to operate it. It's a lot like Google, except black and red. Try it some time. :)

I would also like to make something very clear: I have absolutely no intention of taking down Caity's "Read or Die" thread. Why? Well, let me tell you.

1. This is Terra-Arcanum. We don't like change.
      • We don't like change. Fuck you.
      • No really, we aren't changing. Fuck you.
    2. Apathy.
    3. See Numbers one and two. If you feel those aren't compelling, please refer to section 3b.
      • Fuck you.

17. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I always just assumed you just had a secret boner for her, or anything female on this forum.

18. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

19. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

How about doing it the democratic way? Take a vote to poll who is in favor of removing the FAQ, then poll again for nominee's to re-write the FAQ or simply have your members write up a new FAQ and just choose from the best there....assuming they get off their asses and write anything like Japes did.

Magikot, I'm sure if the individuals listed could be persuaded to *actually* do a little work and write something that said work would be of the qualities I mentioned. But you are quite correct....there are various social qualities that inhibit their initial work ethic. Such is TA, I suppose.

20. Grossenschwamm

Why would it even matter if she saw the thread or not? She said she was gone for good.

Our Host!