sewers map quest problem

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by sanitykey, Oct 13, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. sanitykey

sanitykey New Member

Hey All,

Small problem, I took up the quest where "Thaddeus Mynor wants you to retrieve the map of the Tarantian Sewers" but when I give him the map, the quest does not complete in my log (although he gives me the gold and takes the map). Also when asking about more jobs he says "Not for someone with your level of expertise..." which I assume is because I have no thieving skills lol (just been using magick).

This wouldn't bother me too much but a while ago I randomly picked up the (1000 stone) Heron Device and after lugging it around for a few weeks I decided to look it up and found out a later thief quest gets rid of it.

So I guess I am asking three questions:

1) Why is my quest not completing?
    2) Is increasing my thieving skills the only way to get more jobs off him?
    3) Are 1 and 2 perhaps related?

Please help me, or more precisely, Virgil's spine needs your help! :D

(I have: English version, patch 1074, UAP 091225, AWIP 6.0 (not sure if that one makes a difference) and hi-res patch.)

Thanks,
    sanitykey

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

In one of my games I successfully worked for the Underground without any thieving skills whatsoever so that isn't it. I can't check it right now, but if my memory serves me well, Mynor doesn't give you another quest until your level is high enough.

That will be just one quest though, and a major one at that. There are a lot of other smaller quests for the Underground (including a request for the Heron Device) but to get those, you need to ask random thieves around Tarant for jobs.

You'll need to talk with random passer-byes after becoming a member of the Underground to get the feel of know who is and who isn't thief. If you don't want to go through the effort, just check the blue dressed halfling lady at the Vermillion Station. Don't forget to ask about the black market while you're at it.

You should never install both the UAP and A:WIP. A:WIP comes with an earlier version of the UAP, but is incompatible with the newer one. Installing both of those things at once may cause bugs. The quest not becoming marked in your quest log may be one of them.

3. sanitykey

sanitykey New Member

Thanks for the reply Muro :thumbup:

I see, so more jobs from him probably only depend on level, I am glad to know that because taking the role of a fumbling thief can be funny.

I admit I did not read so far as to find out whom I had to speak to for the Heron Device (I just wanted to make sure I would not be missing out if I sold/dumped it). So that is useful information thanks :)

I should have given more attention to the readmes :/ hmm would it be possible to continue my current game and uninstall either A:WIP or UAP? (wonder which is better) I will probably try to live with the bugs for this run if fixing would require restarting.

Our Host!