Romance with Z'an Al'urin

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Sinbad, Feb 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Should a romance with Z'an Al'urin be possible?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't care and think this is a waste of time!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. What IS this obsession with sex?!

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

There seems to be a lot of discussion about whether a romance with Z'an Al'urin is possible, so I decided to run a poll on whether people would LIKE for it to be possible.
    It isn't possible in the current game, to the best of my knowledge and I have yet to see anyone knowledgeable who disagrees.
    IF enough people want it to BE possible, I might include that in my new mod, IFF it's not incredibly hard to add and won't compromise the storyline. :)

(NOTE: If you don't know what IFF means, look for it in old programmer references. It's NOT a typo. 8) )

2. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

My take.

Shes a ruthless character. She doesn't strike as the type as to actually want to have a romance (let alone fall in love with someone). She's not romantic, she's not cuddly, she's not what you'd look for in a romance. If you're going to make a romance for her, try not to make her a mushy character, and avoid having her tag along like Raven. Instead you could do a mod which allows you to be somewhat integrated into the Dark Elf life. Butchering Stillwater might make the beginning of the "romantic" quest, for instance, and further tasks from her might show how much you're commited to the DE's, and to her. Trough these quests you might show how Z'an Al'urin will begin to see you truly worthy of her attention, and perhaps something more, instead of just a one night stand.

[/2 cents]

3. Some Strange Man

Some Strange Man New Member

Zan Alurin isnt that commited to the dark elves. If you are good she joins with you because she wants answers to some questions.

Zan Alurin could be used in any way really. She could decide to go against the dark elves and attempt to unmake their evil. But the romance with her should be rough.

4. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

I know she joins if certain conditions are met; i just don't like the concept of "come romance with me far away from here!". As for not being commited to the DE's, she's divided, yes. But she is still very tied to them, regardless.

5. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Indeed, you should be able to get into Z'an's robe. I think that sexual dialogue options should be available for most characters, and if your Beauty and Charisma are high enough, they should accept your advances. It seems possible that this is how Bloodlines will be. But back to Z'an, if you do include her as a lover in the mod, have her be a dominatrix. Any affair with that chick should be rough and possibly abusive.

6. trobs

trobs New Member

"IFF" is a formal math term, meaning, as SInbad knows, "if and only if."

By all means, let''s have romance with ZA. It would be nice to have several rmoances possibles, covering the various gender combos.

7. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

You are absolutely correct, trobs. So, I might add a romance with Z'an Al'urin, but it would have to fit in with the storyline in a believeable manner and not introduce any conflict or make things too weird. So right off the bat, I can tell you that it's not going to be as easy as walking up to her and introducing yourself and saying let's go to bed. You'll probably have to get her to join your party before it can possibly happen, so if you've never done that before, and you want to have a romance with her you better figure out how to do that in the regular, unmodded version of Arcanum before my mod comes out. As for the use of the term romance, I'm using that colloquially instead of the more vulgar four-letter term that some prefer, but the way it is described in the global flags mes file for Raven and others is that you "got down with" them. I think everyone should understand what we are talking about by now. ;) If you don't, you are either too young or too naive to worry about it, so don't. :)

8. Nervestaple

Nervestaple New Member

I think it would be nice if Z'an Al'urin was made more interesting as a character, meaning it was a lot more talking and that she actually reacted more to the different choices you can make in the game. Some things could make her leave, like/dislike you more or whatever. It would also be nice if she reacted more to the other npc's. And offcourse, the chance for a more emotional relationship than 'buddies-killing-stuff-together' would be great, although I must admit I fail to see the need for any physical action. (that is, sleeping together) Actually, that could be said about most npc's I guess, they all could use some improvements. It would take lots of hard work to make it good though.

Our Host!