Roleplaying Forum!?!?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Dec 18, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

attn: Flink, MrWolf, Silvara, Icairus, Quethim, and Sigurd (Sleek if he wants to participate)

HEY!!!!! I was just wondering what happened to all the interested individuals that wanted to participate in my roleplayong thread???

I believe that everybody posted at least once, and I was away for a few days due to a family emergency. I do hope that this thread is viewed by those individuals, and that my first attempt at a roleplaying thread is not a complete failure. I mean, we all changed our avatars to resemble our characters, chose verbel text colors, and gathered at the starting point!? Then it went dead.......

I have posted to it to start the adventure/quest; if only people would post to it we could take off!! Read here to get it going.

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I am a character lost in the damn city. I need Silvara or someone else to drag me into this quest.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

If MrWolf (who I have now developed an aversion to) wasn't involved, I'd be interested in jumping in. I can't though, so oh well.

4. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I'm curious Jrinor, why have you developed an aversion to me?

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Because you literally don't listen to reason. Logic is a mystical discipline whose rules do not apply to you. And as Arnie once said, "You have no respect for logic. I have no respect for those who have no respect for logic."

6. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I do listen to logic. What l9ogic don't I listen to? The logic that I have to be a homophobe if I think homosexuality is unnatural?

7. Settler

Settler Member

No less than three threads have now been consumed by this debate on homosexuality. Take it to TS's original.

Anyway, I'l come and have a look, RP.

8. Silvara

Silvara New Member

I'll look at it. Man, calm down. I haven't been able to come for a week because there was this great thunderstorm on Sunday, see, and a really huge bolt of lightning fell near my house, and all the electrical devices in my bedroom went out, and when I restored electricity I couldn't turn on my computer. Still can't - I'm on my father's notebook.
    I'll try to do something, don't worry.

9. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

not gettin jumpy or antsy, just wonderin if it might take a week or so to get everyone in to put 2 cents worth in. If we say 7 days.....is that okay, or just wait until everyone posts??

10. Quethim

Quethim New Member

That will happen to your computer, just try flipping the back switch a couple times...should work then.

And I'll get a post into it, I'm on WinterBreak, so I have plenty of time. :)

Let me finish this thread that I'm creating in Aozos, I want it to be a nice big RPG thread for Aozos...and it seems that it'll be pretty big....gotta write the prologue for the thread though. :)

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Could be the power supply has been fried, along with one or more of the major components.

12. Silvara

Silvara New Member

I hope not. It's sort of queer, because the screen and the printer work (or at least they show green lights when they're plugged). Anyway, my father's going to try and fix it.

13. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

The screen and the printer do not a CPU make. If you get a surge, it's the shiznit for you.

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Oh, but your guys helping my bear to get acquanted with everyone. But you do know, I still have my telepathic amulet thing if you need a break to rework your pc :)

15. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Still, try flipping the back switch.

You know if the power supply fried, if you smell a burning smell...and it would have fried directly after the power surge...and you would be able to tell...

It's probably the power supply, but it just needs a little boost to get going properly...so just switch the back switch on and off for a bit...it usually works =/

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Chances are you'll need to replace the PSU, and maybe the motherboard and CPU as well. If you're really unlucky, you'll need to get a new video card as well.

17. Silvara

Silvara New Member

I don't smell anything.
    And I really hope we don't have to buy all that; those things ain't exactly cheap. Here, at least.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The burning smell would have been straight away. By the time you got to it, it probably would have disappeared. Definitely so by the time you decided to have a sniff.

19. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Just take the powersupply and open it up....if it fried I'm sure you would see a burn mark some where..

Like a month ago, mine fried...and damn did it fry. First it made a very strange noise and then a massive smell came in and the whole room smelled really bad....then my dad opened it up and half of the chips and such were fried and all brown and stuff...

20. Silvara

Silvara New Member

No, I would have noticed if it smelled, Jarinor. I was sitting in front of it when it turned off.

Our Host!