Resisting Spells

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by MasterRocko, Dec 14, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. MasterRocko

MasterRocko New Member

I know I have asked this question before but I still have yet to get an answer and sense the other thread I made seems to be dead I thought I would make a new one. I dont mean to make many threads on this I just really hope to get an answer. Sorry if I seem to be annoying I just really wish to know this before I start to make a new guy. Thanks.

What does something like resisted by Constitution-5 mean, because know one seems to know what it means, Im guessing that if Im within 5 stat points of the casters same stat, in this case CN would mean that the spell is resisted and does not affect me, for example he had 20 CN and I had 15 it would fail to work on me, but if I had one less stat point in that it would work on me? Because many spells have a resisted by stat I really wish to know how it works. And I know that high enough will power will prevent any spell that is affected by it from working if it is at 20 or more. But I still wonder if anyone can give me an answer to this question because no one seems to know the answer for some reason. I have also heard that the resisted by for spells does not work right, but I was wondering if the patch fixes this, or if it needs fixing at all. Thank you and any help would really be appreciated.

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

That can't be. Some kite shamans can actually trap me (only for a few moments, though) and their cn is nowhere near my (I've got 20).
    I don't think this cn thing actually works, it might be a old rule or thing now patched away, or something like that.

The only case it would work, as I see it, is if the targets cn is 5 away from the spells own certain grade of resistance.

3. MasterRocko

MasterRocko New Member

I have just one last thing to ask.. by the way thanks for all the help guys.. I know arcanum can be a confusing game. Anyway this is it.. has anyone ever been able to resist disintegrate? With items or a high tech aptitude or anything else for that matter, or is there as far as you know absolutely no way to stop it, no matter what you have, with the exception of the meta college. Again thanks for your help, and I'll be on my way.

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Isn't there an anti-magic shield somewhere in game?

5. MasterRocko

MasterRocko New Member

Im not sure but I really wish to know how I would resist such a spell if there is a way, thanks though.

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I don't think, even with 100% Tech and the shield, you can block a disintegrate. But I think there is a type of shield that gives you MR 45.

7. MasterRocko

MasterRocko New Member

Ok thank you for the help but no one on this forum but does anyone know of a way to stop disintegrate? If no one dose thats ok.. its just, I would think the makers of arcanum would make some way to do such.. if not then I guess theres nothing you can do.. oh well if something comes up tell me.. but thanks for the help.

8. mathboy

mathboy New Member

There is already a live topic made by you about this. Please use it instead, it isn't dead and won't be until it's at least a week old.

TO THE VAULT!

Our Host!