Remembering fun momments in Arcanum!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by McKedy, Jun 2, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Once I went from the crash site to shrouded hills to test it. It was inhuman enough.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The only time I do it now is when I want to find Gorgoth's Pass from the Dernholm side.

3. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Or:
    - to access the bridge at the Lethe Wyvern sighting without visiting Roseborough
    - to access Vendigroth without the stupid Pelojian quest

Edit:
    Hey, what if there's a hidden bridge to the isle of Cattan?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For that matter, has anyone ever made it to Cattan?

5. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Not to my knowledge.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Maximus

Maximus New Member

That seems odd ... there's something on all the other islands .... maybe someone can check the code to see if there's a broken quest link?

8. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Or simply check out the map in WorldEd.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is script for Bessie Toone's ghost to send you to another tunnel that somehow connects to Cattan. There is a relative (I forget what) who Bessie wants you to to rescue.

Of course, there is no other tunnel that connects anywhere. Just another dead side-quest.

10. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Who knows what hacks did Troika put into that exe file to deceive us. It's a conspiracy, I tell'ya.

11. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Are you serious? That would be an awesome addition to the game!
    You rescue this long lost relative from an island full of strange and powerful creatures, and maybe throw in a little boss there, too!
    I also have a fun moment from Arcanum to share! I had just myself and The Dog fighting against a group of Gore Guards (i think maybe five or six), when the dog had a critical miss so severe he cut himself in half!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guys, I really screwed the pooch on this.
    The script is in Car-Arcanum, you somehow get to the island, and find Mara - who is a relative of Bessie, and she knows of a tunnel that leads back to Shrouded Hills.

I've never found her before, but I read the dialog about a month ago.

Again, I'm sorry. Here's the script:

{1}{G:}{G:}{}{}{}{}
    {2}{Greetings, Lady. Might I ask what is happening here ?}{}{1}{}{10}{}
    {3}{What the hell is happening here ?}{}{1}{}{10}{}
    {10}{I am Mara the leader of this expedition and a relative of Bessie Toone .}{}{}{}{}
    {11}{Please continue }{}{1}{}{20}{}
    {20}{I found this portal by accident .We are now in totally uncharted territory.An expedition from Tarrant and Shrouded hills was sent here}{}{}{}{}
    {21}{Please continue }{}{1}{}{30}{}
    {30}{Everything was fine until we suffered an attact by creatures of stone ,rock, fire, and worst of all wererats.Most of our people died.Worst of all is this strange darkness.I used my magick to light your way}{}{}{}{}
    {31}{What must i do ? }{}{1}{}{40}{}
    {40}{You are our only hope.In the other passage of the island you find a passage.On the other side of it there is a passage that leaves back to Shrouded Hills}{}{}{}{}
    {41}{I will do my best }{}{1}{}{0}{re +50}
    {42}{Your people are dead .I will try to save myshelf }{}{1}{}{0}{re -50}

13. Vorak

Is it even actually on the world map?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cattan? Yes. I did a "fly-over" with World-Ed a while back. It's predominately green grass with a scattering of trees and rocks. I didn't see any towns or ruins though. Any creatures there would be random encounters.

As to my original question, before I go and build anything on the island I needed to make sure I wasn't screwing up some side quest.

Update - 5:37 a.m.: I just did another search of the island, this time with the original map instead of Car-Arcanum's, and cannot see any difference. It is approxamately 13 miles wide and just shy of 50 miles long, with a ragged coastline that does angle northeast like the world map shows. Again, I couldn't see any structures or entrances, but then I was using top-down at maximum distance. A simple portal could easily escape notice doing that.

Update 5:56 a.m.: The trees are gone. Chris added a few trees to the island.

15. Vorak

His genius shall forever confound us.

16. McKedy

McKedy New Member

I've been playing Arcanum for the past few weeks and am level 40 max CHR, max INT, max gun and max ore/smithy so I cna make machined plate... *can't get the machined plate fix to work though* Remembering good times in Arcanum... Franklyn Payn (spellcheck) He is the coolest NPC ever. More-so than Garfield. He has the kind of attitude you NEED on an adventure! BRILLIANT! HA HA! The more desperate and hopeless it looks the better! That's the spirit old boy!

17. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

SO Cattan did exist after all! Huzzah!! Now its simply a matter of finding a way to the treeless wonder (once my arcanum copy has been buffed{if that works}) But as for the Car Arcanum script about it, I thought it was supposed to be some sort of holiday resort or just another over population island. As G.T Ashe Says "Oh the usual, raised in Caladon, Schooled in Tarant, SUMMERS OFF THE COAST OF CATTAN" Dammit I wanna play Arcanum again and go there now! It sounds interesting even if there really is nothing there. And it would be a grand feat to arrive on the island that is impossible to get to!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Indeed. Item #28 on my to-do list: Monaco - Cattan? 85979/116158. The numbers are World Ed coordinates.

There is a cresent-shaped bay there, on the southwest end of the island, just begging to be made into a harbor. Add a wealthy resort town, maybe a small plantation or two. That would set things up for a murder mystery, or a half-dozen thieves' quests.

One thing in your post though - "once my arcanum copy has been buffed".
    I don't understand.

19. Vorak

20. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

Yes I am trying get Arcanum buffed because I believe that scratched discs are my problem. Whenever I install it it get to the Arcanum2.dat file and cannot find it. So it could be corrupted and we're trying all we can to get the blasted thing working again!

Our Host!