Reloaded

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Demosthenes, May 15, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

This whole thread has become ridden with spoilers.

Just saw The Matrix Reloaded at the earliest possible showing for me, 22:00, on May 14th. It was so awesome and had some great stuff. I don't want to spoil it for people, but if you want to post reactions or questions about it, it would be great fun to start a discussion on it.

2. Canis

Canis New Member

I loved the first film but for some reason I couldn't enjoy any subsequent viewings. (Except for Paul Goddard's scenes. He's divine.) I have the feeling that Reloaded is either gonna rule or totally suck. So far all the previews I've seen point to Sucking. Much too much kung phooey for my liking. I might break down and see it Thursday, or I might wait two weeks so I can use my pass and not pay for the damn thing, I haven't decided yet.

Please tell me there's more to the film than scene after scene of kung phooey. And please also tell me Paul Goddard's in it as well. :heart:

3. backstabber

backstabber New Member

4. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

It definitely has it's kung fu moments. Only one of them gets a little tiring, the others are tolerable and cool. Great highway chase scene, great new characters. Lots of plot stuff is explained and I have a huge theory that sprung from watching Reloaded, I'll post it after more people have seen it.

5. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I saw it at the earliest possible time, too.
    I thought it was good.
    However, I am not capable of writing a positive review, so I will just tell you what is wrong with it.

Cons:
    It was a bit too Kung Phooey.
    Keanu Reeves still can't act, although the rest of the casting, as in the first one was very good.
    Too many characters that did not really advance the plot of This movie very much, as neat as they were.
    Worthless scene (the party/sex scene).
    Too many scene changes... it would hop back and forth between things too often and too fast.
    It didn't open on a Friday.

I will now give you some spoiler information
    ---------------------------------------------------

- Trinity Dies

- Zion is destroyed

- Morpheus is still a badass

- Those albino twins with the dreadlocks... most of what you have heard about them is false. All they can do is move through stuff.

- Neo is the 6th "The One" but people do not know that. This prophecy thing has repeated that many times.

- All of this information is mostly true

-

6. Clothos_Vermillion

Clothos_Vermillion New Member

Thanks arsehole! I'm going to see it tonight!!!!

I expect it to be pretty bad, since its not new anymore, but i liked the story of the first one, and hopefully it will have lotsa cool shots of the destroyed future earth.

7. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

More spoilers:

Trinity does die, but she gets ressurrected, I'll let you guess how.

The twins can do more than just move through stuff, they can also heal themselves.

About the information being mostly true, we don't really know that. Don't you think that what the Architect said might just be part of another form of control?

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

This entire post is one big spoiler, so skip it if you want to.

You had your chance.

I reckon there's a good chance the Architect was lying the entire time to Neo. I can't be bothered typing all my thoughts on why that was so, but think about it.

I though the movie was decent, could definitely have done with about 50% more story. They also lacked a definitive scene like the lobby one from the first. That and the soundtrack sucked. Other than that, great action, great effects, but a fairly predictable story.

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Well, guys, I'm going to the movies tonight with the wifey. It's a choice between Reloaded and X-Men 2. Anybody seen Ecks-Men? What should I go see?

10. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I liked them both a lot. It's hard to put one over the other. It might be best to see X2 because you'll be able to get tickets more easily.

11. Persephone

Persephone New Member

DAMNIT
    I was just thinking on the way home I'd have to start this thread.
    Did no one else notice that there was an Italian female in the movie named "Persephone?" Okay, enough with the Narcissism.

This movie definitely has more of an anime feel to it than the first one did, and as a result is very heavy on the kung fu, and has a couple of cute sexual innuendo scenes as well.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW
    I thought the bit with the oracle was interesting, and explains why she isn't in Zion (which I had wondered since the first one, why the fuck is she still in the matrix if she's so all-knowing/righteous, etc.).

Did you know the Oracle's kung-fu bodyguard guy was originally supposed to be Jet Li, but he couldn't fit it into his schedule? That would have been neat. Though the guy in the movie was also quite good.

Did anyone else stay til the end of the credits???????????
    8)

All in all, I thought it was cool.. But then, I LIKE action movies. I like kung fu movies. I was dissapointed by the twins, I thought most of their "cool powers" were in the trailers. I also liked the fact that the characters got to be a little bit developed, like meeting Link's wife, and finding out that Morpheus used to have a girlfriend, stuff like that. I like character driven movies, and while this was still a save-the-world flick, I thought it had much more characterization than the first one.

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

God damn people, I opened up the thread and the quote in which it said that Trinity dies was right in my face. Please update the topic name with a SPOILER TAG.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, I'm kind of annoyed at myself I didn't stay after the credits. Still, I'll probably see it a second time, so I'll stay for the bonus stuff then :).

14. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

My friend told me to stay till the ending about a week in advance so I made sure to see it. The Revolutions preview was quite good.

15. Gabriel Knight

Gabriel Knight New Member

For some strange reason i didnt enjoy it.But i didnt enjoy the first one either.

Im a freak.

16. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Points and laughs at Gabriel--
    FREAK.
    If you didn't like the first one, why'd you bother to see the second one?

Anyway Jar, you didn't miss anything that won't be on TV in a while, it was just kind of cool to see so early :) And especially when you're all pumped up from having just seen the first one.

17. Gabriel Knight

Gabriel Knight New Member

I was bored and wanted some popcorn so why not look at something while eating them.

18. Milo

Milo New Member

Just got back from the theater. There's more to the film than kung phooey, but it's still the best part. There's also more pop, stoner philosophy 101 than the first one. Where as the first one was more "Whoa! Dude, what if like... everything is like not real or whatever?", the second is more "Like, whoa! What if, dude... like uh... it's all about choice. Or not. Wait... What if like there's no such thing as free will or some shit? Dude!"

Sorry, but I watch Matrix for the cool scenes and that's about it. When looked at it from a entertainment/action/coolness perspective, it totally succeeds. Trinity rocked my fuckin cock in this movie, I swear. Neo needs to fight with pipes or weapons more often because he looks a little stiff and retarded fighting hand-to-hand. Something about the way he stands or something. He's too stiff and straight up. It's almost good that Jet Li wasn't the Oracle's guard in this one, because watching Keanu go toe-to-toe with Jet Li and hold his own is just too stupid. Like watching Bruce Lee getting his ass kicked by Kareem Abdul Jabbar in "The Game of Death".

Anyway, I can't believe I didn't stay until the Matrix Revolution preview! Goddammit. From the way this one ended, though, I have my doubts about Revolution. It seems as though most of the movie is going to take place in the real world, and not in the matrix. All I can say is that they're going to have to beef up the acting/story if there going to skip the matrix scenes for me to enjoy it.

19. Persephone

Persephone New Member

My interpretation of Keanu's fighting style is that everything is moving in slow motion for him, so he actually has time to THINK about reacting to it, and so it looks to us, in real time, like he's practically mechanized, as all his moves are pre-thought out. I think this because his fighting style in the first Matrix became much less fluid when he was fighting "smith" in the last sequence, after he could see the code of the actual Matrix. This could just be my interpretation though.

I say mad props to all the actors (that includes Carrie-Ann) for working their asses of learning kung fu for the movies. They may not be Jet Li or Chow Yun Fat, but considering most of them came to the set of the original Matrix knowing little or nothing about Martial Arts, I say hats off. It's not easy to fake a thing like that. And falling down, kicking wrong, getting accidentally really punched... all these things hurt. And didn't Keanu break his ankle while they were filming ReLoaded? Or was it someone else? I think it as Keanu.

20. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I think something like that happened, he might have just sprained it. I also seem to recall that he had to wear a back brace in part of the first one because he did something to his back. Laurence Fishburne sprained or twisted his wrist during Reloaded as well.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about the ending and I've come up with a bunch of ideas. Here's the one that currently makes the most sense to me:
    Remember how the Architect said that there were six previous matrices, what if they didn't delete them? What if they just expanded them further? What if the world that Neo, Morpheous, Trinity, and everyone else think is real is just another matrix? That would explain why Neo could stop the Sentinels at the end of Reloaded. It also helps explain how Smith could control that guy outside of the matrix. If the matrix we're aware of is just a part of another, couldn't Neo also manipulate the other matrix as well?

Our Host!