[REL] Arcanum: Window Mod

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Crypton, Nov 13, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Crypton

Crypton Member

Hey guys :p I was away for a while :D

I had few mins free time,so I have cooked something for you:)

This mod allows you to play arcanum in window :)

Download:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/dgieum

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Can't you try it on an uncracked one?

3. Crypton

Crypton Member

Wow :D I never knew it... sorry. I think it was exe from latest patch... anyway :) distributing exe is not 100% ok :(

I also made a exe patcher for arcanum patches,I sent test version to drog,but he never used it in his releases...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On the matter of the windowed mode.

Arcanum has native support for windowed mode, it's 20h flag in user settings (show fps/no sound/double buffer/etc). However, the windowed mode is partially unfinished, so if you set the flag the game crashes, since it tries to access unfinished functions (mostly mouse cursor behavior related ones). It's interesting to note that in ToEE they did finish the windowed mode, and this flag works properly. You can even move your mouse cursor out of the window.

What Crypton did is just a small hack, he removed two jumps. You can apply it to any 1.0.7.4 version based .exe.
    (offset in file:value)
    12411C:00
    12439C:00

Since the flag is not set in this case, the unfinished functions are never accessed, so the game doesn't crash.

However, I was able to figure out another way around the problem and the next version of the UAP will have windowed mode support, with '-window' command line argument. Look forward to it!

5. Crypton

Crypton Member

:D Why you did not made this small hack before ?:p Many people were waiting for window mode patch.

EDIT: You also forgot about DirectDrawCreateClipper function to use in window mode :) so its not just about erasing some of jumps,you must know why you delete that jump :)

Our Host!