Really getting into RPing inside of the main Arcanum game it

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by com2kid, Oct 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. com2kid

com2kid New Member

Really and truly RPing inside of a CRPG is not something that everybody can do. For starters you have to have a VERY vivid imagination. If you are not one of those types of people who can hear the charecter's voices in your head when you are reading a book then this may not be for you.

On the other hand. . . .

Ah it is so much fun.

Here I am going to describe how to RP a TRULY evil charecter in Arcanum.

Most people RP evil charecters as somebody who just goes around and kills everything in site and then loots the stores.

That is not an evil charecter. That is just an asshole. Wait, hold it, that is not even an asshole. It is just a murderer, and not a very creative one at that.

To be truly evil you have to THINK truly evil.

Have an M.O. Work in certian ways, and most of all, be sadistic.

I know I know I know, it is not all that easy to be truly and evily sadistic, but come on, you want to be evil right?

One good example of a TRULY evil act is to first work very very VERY hard to rob a store without waking up or alerting anybody at all;

and then kill the shopkeeper in his sleep with one hit.

You see, it is COMPLEATLY uncalled for violence. The normal blah blah for a so called 'evil' charecter to rob a store is to first kill the shop keeper and then rob the store blind. And well yes sure that works, and in fact I advocate doing that alot ];)> it is not neccisarily the most EVIL way to go about and rob the store blind.

Another good example.

Say you want an NPC but that NPC refuses to join you.

Typical wannabe evil response is to kill the NPC in vengence.

A TRULY evil response is too summon up 5 undead, have THEM kill the a-hole and then unsummon the undead and then cast the spell Create Undead on the now dead NPC.

Wallah.

That NPC is now at your disposal.

I did this to gain control of all of the end game NPCs, hehe.

Not that it mattered, I joined up with the evil dude anyways. *COUGH* that might've been a spoiler you just read *COUGH* (hey, what'da expect, this IS a post about being evil after all. . . .)

Think up of some more things on your own. Be TRULY creative. Make the World of Arcanum shudder before your might. Or just make it weep as you batter it mercilessly. Which ever one works best for you; I myself, well I perfer the weeping option :smile:

Oh yes, another good way to be sadistic.

You know those horrible Kite Bowmen (or skelital bowmen, neither can hit anything).

Well when you face 5 or more of them, just let them sit there and kill each other.

In fact in big battles I actualy let the enemy bowmen fight the battle for me. Shoot then almost NEVER hit your player charecter but they are nearly guarnteed to hit one of their own allies.

Works great, use it, it can make life alot easier at times :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: com2kid on 2001-10-18 09:12 ]</font>

Our Host!