Real-life benefits from playing Arcanum

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by MatahChuah, Dec 5, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Wow, this time it worked.

I'll say no more.

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I've got dual citizenshi USA/Canada, I'm lots of people's "hero." I inspired 3 quotes in my graduating classes yearbook, and I think I've inspired a few signatures around here. This isn't necessarily proof that I'm a hero, I just think its proof that I'm not entirely the boring piece of frozen turd people think Canadians are.

3. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Hey, I inspired your signature. Don't forget that I OWN YOU NOW

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Shut up, people were giving you a hard time, so I actually was backing you up. I recall you deleted the signature for quite a while, and then brought it back. I on the other hand, have had it the whole time. You should thank me for validating your signatorial efforts. (and no i don't give a shit if signatorial is not a word, if its not it should be.)

5. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I was joking. And thanks too. Every body likes to gang up on me. It's really not fair. ESpecially when they say I whine.

6. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

You have a point Sigurd. I doubt this is the cause of Wolf's confusion, but awhile back I got in a *minor* debate (with Jar) about whether half-wit or fucktard were better insults, it ended up his saying that fuckwit sounds best, and my agreeing upon it. So while Wolf had the right idea about the insults, he simply got the words mixed up. :)

7. Quartz

Quartz New Member

As for me, playing Arcanum as well as other RPG's helps a lot in learning English. Ahh, it can be so tricky to find games in original English here in Russia. Everyone likes to <spits out the word> localize 'em, but nobody can do it well.. Bah, my nation really bothers me ;(

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Hear hear!

Yeah, I'm just as loathe as you are towards dubbing. If anything, this griveous act should be penalized with immediate neutering in all nations of the world. I just can't stand it.

9. Quartz

Quartz New Member

Dark Elf, you can't be so radicalistic.. There are some poor souls (most in my country) who don't know English.. let's say, well enough to play games. I'm not totally against localizations, but I'm not approving the fact that 'cause of these localizations you can't find an original.

Our Host!