Project Update #15: Classes!

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dark Elf, Oct 4, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

It's nothing official, and you didn't hear this from me, but I have it on good authority that a key element of the plot has to do with a totally new kind of wheel, one that rolls even better than the traditional round wheel! If that doesn't do it for you, I don't know what will.

2. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Yeah, at least Dragon Age had Dragons!

3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I think good writing goes a long way to making any game less banal even if the setting isn't wholly original, and with the writing being so good in the games the team has worked on previously I would be genuinely surprised if it fell short for P:E. On top of that I don't think the setting will be drab cookie cutter high fantasy either; the whole point of picking a genre that has seemingly been done to death is it is so much easier to subvert people's expectations about the setting if you have even an ounce of creativity - let alone a whole bucket load like the P:E team.

Saying all of this, I probably shouldn't have even bothered to give Drog a legitimate response as he's probably a $500 backer and just trolling as per uje.

4. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Not really, no. The concern I'm voicing is much the same as what the people on the RPG Codex (probably the main audience of the PE) think. Well, this and the RTwP combat (with cooldowns and other MMO inspired nonsense) instead of proper TB. Come to think of it, is this actually going to be more 'hardcore' than Dragon Age? So far, we can't say.

5. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I like the idea of cooldowns, but without having experienced them in a game yet I'm not the voice of experience. I guess you're right though, if they had have been more forthcoming with specifics (both in terms of setting and mechanics) then people might be more willing to contribute and would feel considerably more appeased too. Some consolation can be found in the fact that it will be extensively beta tested by fans, so that should help to moderate the game if anything was significantly out of whack.

Our Host!