Project Eternity

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dark Elf, Sep 15, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

He shall be Philes the Unfinisher!

2. werozzi

werozzi Member

If only there was a price for creating an enemy race...

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Let's entertain the idea for a while. I'd say that creating an NPC is the better idea if we want to leave a T-A tag in the game (do we actually have any prominent items in our collective lore? Sheriff Fatman's all-knowing ass sure doesn't cut it, rather being a character in its own right.). I'd also vouch for elevating to NPC-hood one of the lost or semi-lost ancients.

Jarinor: The obvious iconic choice. Sharp, witty and foul-mouthed, his persona would make for an entertaining NPC for sure. Heck, I'm sure we could pry actual quotes of his into the game's dialogue. The name is fantasy-esque enough to be used without modification.

mrnobodie: A bartender who calls himself "Mr. Nobody" and has "sexual offender" written all over him? Hell, why not. Teehee, teehee.

Retard: Like aforementioned, but a southern farmer with the added associated incest twist? Too much of a stretch?

Rosenshyne: Name is badass, and so was she. I'm thinking female dungeon delver going in with all guns blazing.

Canis: Resident female hell-on-wheels that could probably have out-debated Christopher Hitchens himself. Had a fondness for dogs that included, but wasn't limited to, a butt tattoo, and should rightly be a druid-esque character.

Milo: If the opportunity presents itself for a bard or artsy kind of character (or a Minister of Silly Walks) we know what we're going to use.

Vorak: Should rightly be the game's antagonist, what with the megalomania and plans to subjugate the world with Vorakia.

Aurdal: If blue monkeys are in, hell yeah.

Darkunderlord: T-A legend, Codex legend, his name a Star Wars reference... sounds legit.

There are loads of people I wasn't thinking of. Rectify should it nag you.

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Jarinor or DU. They're the most iconic. Probably Jarinor.

5. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Remind me again why would we do this for people that have long ago abandoned us? The past is great and all, but at the least it's been 2 or so years for some of those people, and 6+ for others.

Fuck 'em I say. If you don't stick around the party you shouldn't get any cake.

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Yeah fuck you to Philes.

And put me down for a cloth map.

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

It was a "sharing a good idea without much hope of success" kind of post.

Think I'm actually with Philes on this one.

With DarkUnderlord, we wouldn't really achieve the goal of a TA mark in the game, since most people recognising DU would either think he paid for the NPC himself or interpret him as a reference to the RPG Codex. And rightly so, seeing how he's much more active around there.

With Jarinor - who might have very well been struck by lightning 6,5 years ago - I don't think there would be enough members remembering him and therefore willing to contribute to gather the required $1000.

I mentioned an artifact because an item is easier to be an avatar of a group of people, and what I primarily had in mind was a gift from the community as a whole for the community as a whole. Less people dissatisfied with the goal = everyone contributing to something they feel they're part of = greater chance of members actually willing to give away their money for the cause.

Dagger of T'erra Munacra. Black hilt, crimson blade, forged by a secret society known only as the House of Lords, that sort of thing. I for one sure wouldn't mind stabbing the end boss with that baby.

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

This. Design = Arcane Dagger?

9. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Vorak, I'm sure you had your reasons for not coming here anymore (though clearly you apparently do). Reasons that non-secret-admin-subforum plebs will never know. I always got along well with you.

But c'mon man, I miss your smell. I miss your musk. Has it been long enough to put aside your self-imposed exile?

10. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Well if it's gonna be an evil NPC it would have to be that damnable tree.

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

12. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

We could do our own crowd source. There are at least 25 active users here, if we all pitch in 40 to a communal pay-pal we could get our own artifact (granted this would require us to all trust each other...). Each person who donates (and is still active on these forums) when the game comes out gets entered into a raffle for the additional goodies such as the cloth map, art book, etc.

Collaborate on a weapon, shield, and armor and put it to a vote for the community as to which one gets in.

13. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Alright, I'll make this a separate thread in the GD.

14. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Hey! I'm back for a day! Can Dark Elf turn me into a custom NPC?

For any of you who don't already have them and want to relive the magic, you can get a bunch of the D&D games on GOG for $30.

15. Vorak

Philes I could come back but then it'd just be awkward.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A8mpfdVu8O0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A8mpfdVu8O0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

16. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Currently I have little to no monies, so count me out of contributing. Almost makes me wish I hadn't contributed to the Shadowrun RPG.

17. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Wow, is that from the sequel or a deleted scene or something?

I'm impressed they didn't break character during it, you can see a couple of them get real close but manage to reign it in.

18. Vorak

Our Host!