post-patch issues

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons Discussion Forum' started by labyrinthian, Jan 1, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

I've installed both the real patch and the Co8 patch, and here's my (far from complete, I'm sure) list of bugs still going strong.

1. Fireball scroll issue 1. What the hell? Why is there not one in the game? Why should I have to get a follower who has the spell to scribe it just so I can finish the game the good way? What if I don't like that follower? Why can't I just ask him to scribe one? Why won't he sell me one? AHHH!

2. Fireball 2: So I took that NPC on to get the damned scroll. I had him scribe it. It didn't show up in his inventory. Everything else I scribed did, but not that. Why? Bug. So I dropped him from the party, picked his pocket a zillion times just for fun, and lo and behold, I couldn't get anything but 17 fireball scrolls. Uh, what? Which brings us to...

3. Pick pocket. Um, er, why do I succeed all the time and get nothing when I know the dude has something in his inventory? How come when I have a follower and pick his pocket just to lighten his load, I never get anything.

4. Why do followers still encumber themselves looting? Why can't I give them better armor than they come with without them carrying around the old stuff and getting encumbered? That's just dumb.

5. Why, if a follower tries to pick something up but has a full inventory, and then I pick it up, I can't get rid of it or use it or sell it until I drop the follower? WTF?

If they wanted to make followers restrictive, fine, but if they couldn't do it in a way that made sense, why not just make them like PCs so there aren't bugs?

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Let me add one to that list:

6) While crafting magic armor, magic resistance 13 feature doesn't do anything but relieve you of loads of gold. You'll still have mr 0 after you apply it.

3. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

True. Too true. Interstingly enough, you do get a little Magic Resistance (0) thing, so it is reading something.

It seems like a lot of the craft-only magic items don't work right, or don't have any decriptions. Like WTF does the white rod do? Is it worth a zillion xp?

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Items' descriptions I miss a lot, yes I do.

As for crafting it seems that +3 enchantment doesn't work, items like headband of intellect don't really let you learn any more spells and so on. I managed to make a mace which was +1,+2,+3,+3 (yes double +3). Not that it became uber mace. So much potential in this game, so utterly wasted.:(

5. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Well, since they're making another patch, perhaps we should write in and tell them what we've already noticed. I've played through the game three times, so I've seen a lot, though seemingly the exact same bugs you have. It'd be worth the money I paid (I won't take it back -- I want to support Troika) if it were fixed up a bit.

I wondered if I was tripping when I noticed +3 doesn't work. guess it's real.

One more: if you teleport to the temple after destroying the skull, sometimes the game registers more than 4 days passing, and you can't destroy Zuggtmoy forever.

And... spring attack doesn't seem to work.

And... in combat, characters randomly start their turn without any time, as if they are paralyzed, though they are not.

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I just had these two.

The thing which pissed me off utterly (I just played ToEE for the 2nd time) is that some passages didn't appear. Mainly the passage in the foyer of the temple, which leads down to the 1st and 2nd level via spiral stairs. More annoyingly no passage for me from that small part of 3rd level with Smigmal and Golden Orb to the rest of the 3rd level which made travels all that much longer. And finally no secret passage in the pillar in moathouse. Common problem already mentioned at Atari Forums.

Our Host!