Polished CarArcanum

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by who_is_daniel, Dec 17, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Good deal!

In order:

1) Yep!
    2) Yep! (They did for me)
    3) #2 (Next day)

2. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Awsome! Thank you so much! Its time to actualy enjoy Arcanum!

3. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

It acts as the basic guidline for what the specific merchants will and will not buy from you.

BTW: If you haven't found out already, the Wandering Merchants and the two in Shrouded Hills will not buy anything from you. Chris left their class as guard instead of resetting it to shopkeeper. Ooops....

5. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

With ither script will the merchants ever offer that Assasins Dagger? Only found it once but it was a great backstabbing weapon. Also will things like The Lightsaber appear in the correct stores inventory?

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

It's been too long....!!!!

The Assassin's Dagger - I think I added it to the Magical Smith's inventory. But don't hold me to that.
    I know the lightsaber is a found item, but I can't remember where.

Anyone know?

7. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

The Lightsaber can be baught at the Elvin City from the shopkeeper there. Are all the Magical Smith's inventorys the same? Do they change?

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

That shows you how good my memory is. :/

As for the Smith's inventory, no. It's set up to have all the inventory all the time.

9. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

I havent seen it anywhere sence I tried the Store Inventory modo that you got me (and I really like the mod by the way!). So if all the magical smiths are the same, then it should have shown up by now. I really dont understand how the Arcanum mod/file system works.

The Wondering merchants are still wondering around in the underwhere (their guards are also), which I dont get.

I do need to quit and then restart Arcanum when i switch inventory files right?

10. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

That would be a good idea if for no other reason than to see if the Wandering Merchants get their inventories. If not, then I suspect you have a glitch on the Car-Arcanum install that isn't letting the .pro files for the WMs access their inventory.

Should that be the case, you can still play the game (hopefully), or completely uninstall, and start over.

11. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

I am not sure I understand. As it stands now, if I am looking at a merchants inventory, and he dose not have anything for example: I close Arcanum, change inventory files, reload Arcanum and the merchant still has the same stuff untill I Rest for 1 night with him offscreen. Then the shopkeepers inventory is updated. As for the wondering merchants. its the same, only when i rest in the wilderness they leave.

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

That's strange. You now have the very same one I used and I never had a problem with the Wandering Merchants.

This is a long shot - meet the first naked merchant, ask to see his inventory, then move on to the next one. If this works like it sounds like it should, the second, and all after, merchants should have their inventories.

13. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Goog point, I will try that right now.

The General Store in Tarant, the first one past the loooong bridge (not the boil side) has no inventory with your mod :(

I wish I was better with technical stuff.

14. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Ok, I tried it and it did not work I windered in the wilderness for quite a wile and saw several merchants and rested plenty, but they are all running around with no goods and just their boxer shorts.

I am just suposed to put copy "InvenSource.mes and InvenSourceBuy.mes" into "C:\Games\Arcanum\data\rules" directory, and then start the game right? I am using Polished CarArcanum.

15. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Uggg, I really dont want to have to re-install...

But I hate bugs, and I really like the inventory mod.

IF I Absolutly needed to re-install Arcanum to get it all working 100% right then this is how I understand I need to do it.

1. Uninstall everything and deleat everything in the directory.

2. Install Arcanum

3. Install the latest patch

4. Install Polished Car-Arcanum

5. Back up the Arcanum.exe file and copy the level 127 version Arcanum.exe.

6. Creat "C:\Games\Arcanum\data\rules" directory

7 Compy "InvenSource.mes and InvenSourceBuy.mes" that you were nice enough to send me.

8. Start a New Game (yet again).

Would that be exactly correct?

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Yep!

One thing before you do all that - Can you remove the level 127 hack and restore the Arcanum.exe?
    I never used it with Car-Arcanum and ran into problems when I added it to my work.
    That hack seems to be the only real difference between what I played and what you've got. Maybe......

17. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

I really dont think it is a conflict with the Level 127 mod. ChrisB said that his mod was compatable with it and I have never had any conflicts at all. I just dont get it.

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

19. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

20. cfg

cfg New Member

the reason that you had to reinstall was that you did not delete the prototypes.

Our Host!