Picklock skill ro spell or neither? What do you use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emrys, Sep 26, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Emrys

Emrys New Member

I pretty much cant open anything with a lock on it. I try to attack a chest or barrel to force it open but that wont work. Is there a way to do that. So i was wondering if it is worth while to get the spell or skill to pick locks. I see differing opinions and was just wanting to start a thread about it to get MORE opnions :smile:

So, should i not even worry about all those locked things? I dont really want to put more than 1 point into a lock picking ability then raise it to apprentice maybe. Is that even worth it? Help here please.

2. Dakun

Dakun New Member

depends

unlocking cantrip (works like 100% on some things (magickally locked stuff, works like 0% (80 mana + 140 fatigue (5mana spell) wont open a metal door) on techonoligacclly locked stuff. (in genereal i think it sucks)

picklocks (quite... with high skill.. very effective... with low skill... jams the locks more often then not... barrels and wooden doors still open rather often) very very effective if you train it well, a few points wont help all that much

if you want to attack to break something (kinda noisey... but in a dungeon it doesn't matter... in a house... if its locked.. your not supposed to open it (merchants inventories.. etc) so if you wake up the merchant or attract gaurds... we'll hehe it was your idea

click the shield w/ the line tthrough it (attack button) then hold the ALT key and click on the item you want to force attack on. to force followers to attack, highlight the target and press F2.

that should cover it... oh.. their are keys to everything you NEED to open.... and some to things you don't (key to back room of magic shop in tarant... etc)

3. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Well unlocking cantrip is just useless since its noisy, Id rather bash a chest. Just follow dakun's advise in attacking a chest then check its HP(yes Hitpoints) then when its Zero,the barrel/chest will be no more, Just be careful since attacking barrels/chest/doors/etc damage your PC.. :smile:

4. Three_Man

Three_Man New Member

Tip: A railroad spike makes a great cheap "weapon" to pound on a locked door, if you've got nothing better.

Our Host!