Pick your starting Locale

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by The Caltrop, Nov 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Caltrop

The Caltrop New Member

Maybe, depending on your race, age, and char. backround, you could start in different locations at the beginning of the game? For example; You are a barbarian Orc; so your game starts at a barbarian campsite on the Morbihan Plains. From there, you get to do some exclusive location quests (maybe a coming-of-age ritual or somthing?) and then are sent to Tarant on some mission. Tarant would be the auto-start point if you did not choose a specific backround. Please comment on this idea.

2. Langolier

Langolier Member

Sounds like a great idea to me. As say a Dark Elf, you could start in T'snang. Or as a Grey Mountain Elf, a little mountain village in the....GreyMountains.
    I would like to be able to have different ages..and have the dialogue reflect your age..

3. Samwise

Samwise New Member

Perhaps choosing the "Raised by Trolls" background you automatically forfeit your character's normal starting point and instead start in a troll camp.

"Raised by Wolves" could mean you start out in the wilderness with few possessions, but you automatically get 1 or 2 wolf followers (like dog).

Overall I think that is a great idea :) , especially with the background thing too. There's tons more possibilities, but I can't seem to think of any right now. :/

4. DM's Bane

DM's Bane New Member

Yeah, Awsome! choose one of the mage backgrounds (night mage, day mage etc.) and you start in tulla! cool!

5. stang4me2

stang4me2 New Member

If this were to happen, how your char enters the story would also have to be different.

6. Baal

Baal New Member

One night, two digs.

I have a question stang4me2… what the hell is Stang? Other than short for mustang. And if that is what you meant do you mean the horse or the car?

7. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

You know gang-bang, you might not have realized this, but Arcanum 2 will never come. So don't dig.

8. Phadech

Phadech New Member

Even if Arcanum 2 would ever come, don't dig.

9. stang4me2

stang4me2 New Member

it's both the car and part of my last name

and by the way the reason i apparently did some digging was because i haven't been looking at the date of the last post, otherwise i would have just left it alone

and are you and Xz following me, you two are like the only ones replying to me

10. Bunny

Bunny New Member

They just happen to be around when you have just posted... OR they noticed that there was a new post around and when they checked, voilà: it was you again!

11. Xz

Well said bunny, I couldn't have said it better myself, without getting really offensive that is..... :p

12. stang4me2

stang4me2 New Member

being offended by a mire statement, or anything at all, is a sign of weakness, that is the last thing i would let happen

13. Xz

Good for you, now please follow the rules.

Our Host!