Oscars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mael, Feb 27, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mael

Mael New Member

who do you think will win?
    Best actors goes to Denzel Washington for Training Day

2. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

4. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

5. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

i Totaly agree with ThreeDogs.
    THE movie is nominated for 13 oscars.
    it'll probably win all of them (or atleast 12) :thumbup:

6. Ioo

Ioo New Member

I don't like Denzel... I don't like alotta good actors... Cuz they star in all those serious films that are sooo COOOOOOOL. I think Holy Grail should get the oscars.

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I'd like LoTR to win. Not because I'm sure there was no better movie but since moronic Titanic got a number of Oscars then LoTR should get at least a few more. Though I beleive it won't get too many.

8. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Hobbit: I found a ring!
    Gendolf: What does it say?
    Hobbit: Made in China!
    Gendolf: That's what I was afraid of..

Names might be a bit off. :smile: I don't like that Lotr shit.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think Russel Crowe will win Best Actor (not because I like him, or want him to win - although I'm not ruling out those reasons - but because I think he's going to win). Nicole Kidman to take out at least one award. Cate Blanchet for at least one as well. LoTR to take a whole heap of awards.

10. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

One of the best films I saw last year was "Spy Games." Has it been nominated for anything? What about "Kiss of the Dragon?" That was good, too.

Speaking of Pittly productions, we saw "Ocean's Eleven" at the weekend. It's great.

11. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

HAHAAHAH
    Frankly I don't know why, but I also never got into it.

12. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Spy Games are ok... Ocean's 11 is really good... but of course - a remake... It's a rare thing that new movies come out with a completely new script...not talking about original... And if they do they usually suck.

13. Sheriff Fatman

*falls over*

Jinxed? Jinxed, is that really you? You look ... different.

You're not Jinxed! He'd never agree with Ioo on something. Stop inhabiting his body, whoever you are! Is this how you use the poor abduction victims after you have completed the rectal probe?

14. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Oh no Sheriff. I think you know me pretty well. And you are just playing.
    OR
    Have you ever seen the movie "Invasion of the body snatchers"? I must tell you I feel different as of late.

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually, the general consensus is that the original Ocean's Eleven sucked really, really badly.

16. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

As far a Jet Li movies go I thought The One was better than Kiss of the Dragon. Kiss replayed to many of Li's previous fight scenes as well as borrowing at least one from Jackie Chan's Druken Master II. A question for Jinexed and Ioo. How do get into RPGs without being a fan of LoTR? I thought the progression was LoTR then AD&D, then computer RPGs. At least for the seniors on the board.

17. Sheriff Fatman

Well, I haven't seen The One. I don't know if it's even been out over here, yet. Also, I didn't just like KotD for its action scenes. I fought the plot - although possibly borrowing quite a lot from Leon, was interesting. The characters weren't bad, either.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Not always. My progression was Fallout --> Fallout 2 --> Arcanum --> LoTR. Now, I really want to try some PnP D&D :grin:.

19. Milo

Milo New Member

I haven't seen any of the movies that came out this past year, so I can't make an informed opinion of the nominated movies.

(EDIT - I did see Lord of the Rings. Forgot about that one.)

That being said, I bet that best actor is going to go to either Russell Crowe or Sean Penn. Mental ilness and/or retardation are always favorites. Between these two, I give the edge to retardation.

Wait a sec... Does "Memento" count for this Oscars or was that the last one? If it's eligible, then it has to win at least a couple. LotR will probably take a handful (or more) of awards, though it probably doesn't deserve any of the acting or directing awards. Costumes, yeah. Cinematography, yeah. Special Effects, sure.

As far as Jet Li movies go, I suggest anything he did in Hong Kong. The "Once Upon A Time In China" series is pretty good. I forget all the names of the Chinese Jet Li movies (Twin Dragons? The Legend 2?) but I do remember that they were alot better than his American releases.

I was a little disappointed by "Kiss of the Dragon". Mostly because my expectations going into it were high, due to the director of the movie. It didn't live up to "The Professional", so I couldn't help but feel a little let down. On it's own, though, it was a decent action flick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Milo on 2002-02-28 18:23 ]</font>

20. Ioo

Ioo New Member

OK so here it goes:

I haven't seen The Rat Pack (original ocean's eleven) And it probably was designed for a wholen different audience as it is dated... 1950something I think... 59 maybe. A long time ago. It's just a rare thing that movies are really new. :smile:

Now the Jet Li movies... I pretty much like them...though the acting isn't too good... but then, it's better than alot of other kung fu movies..and certainly better than those anime kung fu movies. :smile: As for The One, that thing is complete Bullshit... on a bad movie scale i give it 3 turkeys... It is really bad however not bad enough to be good... Just lame... very very bad... everything sucks, but at least you'd expect some nice fights... and you're denied of that as well. I haven't seen Kiss of the Dragon yet. I hope it is better than The One...pretty much anything is.

Now the answer to ThreeDogs' question. To all three, in one!... First of all you can lay AD&D type games and have fun without liking LOTR. Secondly by the time I was born the computer game industry wasn't of course as big as now... in fact it was pretty small, but already gaining weight... But when I started playing most games were still those old 2D things... Arkanoid, Pacman, Civ1 was one of the newer once I think... there was alot more...some newer and some older. Btw there's a new Arkanoid TT out, forgot the name but it's cool. Colonization was fun too. There weren't much RPGs at that time that had graphics... Besides RPGs usually require at least the age of... 10(?) To play I think... on computer that is... But anyway... My first big RPG was Fallout2... Then Fallout1...Then BG1 BG2 Torment... Torment is the worst... BG2 is the best of those 3..but still not too much fun... Then Arcanum I guess...

Phew, that should be more than enough for you, dogs. :smile:

Also, Milo, TwinDragons is a Jackie Chan movie. The Legend(2) is Jet Li... There was alot of them though...

And...if you mean Leon by The profesional... One of the best movies in my opinion... It's funny because somewehre it's named Leon, otherplace The Profesional... In Russia it was called Leon Killer, I think. Word Killer in Russian does come from English, but has a bit different meaning.

Le Femme Nikita is great too... Luc Besson makes great movies... What else... Jean Reno also starred in Ronin, I think that one's good too. :smile: He's a good actor. And Gary Oldman too. :smile:

hmm this came out surprisingly long. You shouldn't ask that many questions at once. :smile:

Our Host!