on special bunnies...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by praetorian, Apr 20, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Hmmm, more abuse.

I recall rumours that fourth level conveyance let you walk through walls.

2. Mr.Mole

Mr.Mole New Member

Re:

I don't know if that is true, but I have been trying my hand at creating spells (some of them are pretty bad-ass if I don't say so my self 3:) ) But There are a lot that they got rid of or flat-out abandoned that I am thinking of adding back in. Of course, if you have never done it before, creating a new spell is a bit of a pain, because of the typically lack of documentation. So far I have added the unforgivable curses from Harry Potter, and a few other things (like a spell that turns you into a rabbit and another the rather bloodily causes the target to explode Dr. Manhattan-Style).

3. Mr.Mole

Mr.Mole New Member

Well, I tried reinstating the floating effect in one of my spells, but the game crashed as soon as I tried to move. I was able to successfully destroy a wall though. I am assuming there is no art for floating gnomes :-(

4. Jwrac

Jwrac Member

I found a good exploit, probably not too hard of one to work out... but you know how doors have 'health'?
    Sometimes you might have needed to get into/through a door or something similar (container too), but you weren't able to use some sort of projectile spell or explosive item...

You can drag any random piece of junk from your inv to the hotbar, and then, depending on the item type...
    'drag' or 'click' it over the door, and either 'right click' or 'drop it' on desired target to 'throw' the item directly at the door, doesn't cause much damage, but then all of your followers think it's an encounter, the combat music starts playing and they all start beating the absolute shit out of the door or container like it were an enemy.

Unfortunately, depending on the type of item/door/container, it causes damage to their weapons. (but you could probably make them use their fists), that and 'dog' is a great door/container removing follower in such a case.

This is only really useful for characters that have no projectile/physical harm magick, big ass gun, or extra bombs handy.
    But it is a good money saving way of removing 'entity' obstacles.

5. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

I really don't see the exploit here. You can just order your followers to attack any object, be it a chest or a door or whatever, by pressing f2. Or you can just attack the object you want busted by alt-clicking on it.

As far as I know the only weapons that don't take any damage are axes, but only if the attacked object is made out of wood.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The more magickal or tech weapon, the tougher doors/containers it can damage without receiving damage itself.

For example, mystic weaponry can damage most but not all doors without receiving damage while arcane weaponry goes through everything unharmed. Also, any projectile weaponry (including thrown weapons such as chakram's) can damage doors without receiving any damage.

7. Jwrac

Jwrac Member

Well shit.
    I should probably go read the manual.

8. Mr.Mole

Mr.Mole New Member

You can press and hold the alt key to attack doors, widows, and even followers and to cast harmful spells on followers, and drag bodies. Oh, try this (save first) press enter for the in-game command prompt/chat and type "#Fuck You" and press enter again to run the command. This works for other followers too, just replace '#' with another name (accept for virgil I think).

Our Host!