on special bunnies...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by praetorian, Apr 20, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. praetorian

praetorian New Member

hi dee ho,
    so I went to the K'na Tha ruins to fetch that throwing junk star for the lazy Clarissa beyatch .
    at level 2 I have strayed a bit out from the ruins through a destroyed wall and headed east.
    I have met a strange white bunny lvl40.
    I have thought "maybe a Matrix easter egg?" so I was trying to follow it. (it worked in the Shadow Warrior game, remember?) but the little hare was just hopping around... sadly no Matrix reference.
    I attacked him - it tried to cast some spells, but that only made Mr.Hand Cannon angry :minigun:
    after killing him I got 6000 exp and lost 1 alignment point. it didn't drop any stuff to loot.
    IS THAT THE "VORPAL BUNNY" ?

now my second question about bunnies.
    in Tarant, I was leaving the city near the "I-identify-stuff-for-money" gypsy, crossing the river, heading east.
    outside the city on the world map, I have seen a wolf attacking a rabbit.
    the wolf killed the rabbit, then I killed the wolf just to show him his place in the food chain.
    on the second thought about it, I havent seen NPCs in this game to fight each other, unless scripted (like that gnome dude kickin the Worthless Mutt). but I overwrited my savegame, so I was unable to try to save the hare.
    has anyone saved the bunny? is there any revenue for saving him?
    :bunny:

thanks for the answers.
    by the way, nice smileys you got here. the vomiting one is epic :puke:

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

No, though the differences between the two are purely cosmetic. Vorpan bunnies are creatures a mage can summon with the succour beast spell if he has a magickal aptitude of 100. As opposed to the one you found, they are explicitly called vorpal and have white fur. Other than that, the high level bunny from K'na Tha is identical to a vorpal bunny, seeing how it has the same level, stats, skills, spells and aptitude.

The drop in alignment you received is caused by the fact that like all wild bunnies, the one in question has a good alignment of 10.

This is a scripted event as well. The wolf family doesn't interact with the bunny until the player gets close enough.
    There is no reward for saving the bunny. It just hops around ignoring you like any other of his kind.

3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

If you pull an Avellone and don't exit to the world map after leaving the crash site, some wolves often kill each other in that ravine. It's never seem scripted to me either as it only seems to occur if they get close enough to each other (sometimes the player can kill one of the wolves that would die at the hands of the other without the other noticing) - though I'm probably wrong. I always kill those wolves if my character is up to scratch combat-wise as they provide a relatively high amount of experience at that early stage.[/pointless trivia]

4. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

I also stumbled upon the wolves attacking the bunny in my last playthrough. I even wasted a scroll in order to resurrect the poor bastard. Fuck the food chain.

If anyone have a complete list of all the interesting things going on in the locations' outskirts, it would be great if you'd share it. I'm sure I've missed lots of things.

5. Jojobobo

Re:

The gypsy on the outskirts of Caladon is quite out of the way, other than that not a lot springs to mind.

6. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

Re: Re:

Her little tent is still marked on the Caladon city map, right? I'm talking about things that exists outside the maps' limits, once the world map is enabled. Like the wolves outside the crash site or the bunny slaughter outside Tarant. I also believe that a few hard-to-find ingredients are located not far from Tarant.

7. Jojobobo

It is? Oh well, I guess I'm just chronically unobservant.

The river near Caladon has an off the map location if you follow it southwest, though you'd be aware of this if you've done the Thieves' Underground quests.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Back entrance to the Dernholm Pits NW of Dernholm.

Some heartstones around the Bedokaan Village, outside of its map.

St. Mannox's forgotten hideout NW of Roseborough could be mentioned as well.

D'ak Taan's thieves and two of thee naked halfling wizards are outside of the map's limits north of Black Root, but those are faily known.

Both are on the map, though I believe they deserve a mention. Both Black Root:
    - Grave Lurker SE of Franklin Payne's residence (southern most building)
    - Krag Berserker SW of the train tunnel's entrance

9. Jojobobo

The Krags around there are pretty much where I always get bone daggers for Shakar.

10. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

Hard to find unless you're willing to pay a few coins at a herbalist, I take it? Or did you mean that the ingredients were hard to find outside Tarant? :???:

There are three wolves near the river at Shrouded Hills, north and/or east of the herbalist. A nasty surprise for low level characters without means to defend against such vicious beasts. (Still within the town map, but in an area that looks empty.)

On the Isle of Despair there's a trail leading eastwards from outside the fort, and it ends near a tree with a broken (but still locked) chest containing 1837 gold. (Enough to pay Thorvald if that becomes an issue.)

11. praetorian

praetorian New Member

found that Lurker too, I have wondered what is he doing there, outside his cozy catacombs...
    didn't find Krag yet, thnx for the tip!

found that one too :thumbup:

12. Deman

Deman Member

There's also a small pack, consisting of three ailing wolves to the north of the Bessie Toone's mine.

Wasn't there also a Baleful Hound lurking somewhere on the outskirts of Black Root?

13. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

Yes, the baleful hound is somewhere north/northwest of Franklin Payne's house.

14. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

Herbalists tend to only have one or two ingredients for sale at the time. And apart from Kadura Stems and Ginka Roots many are hard to come by in the wild.
    Nice find, didn't know of this one. Are there any other hidden treasures out there?

15. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

I can't take credit for finding that chest, because I read about it on Gamebanshee. But maybe I found it on my first playthrough, and then forgot about it because it was only money? That could have happened. And without a way to get back to the Isle of Despair from the Void, I could never check.

As for herbalists and general stores not having enough ingredients, I say that's only a matter of passing time until next morning, and the next, and the next... While running around and shopping components for Electro Armour and Mechanical Daggers and anything that followers can build. Er... Yeah, that takes a bit of time. Maybe not as fun as going on adventures. :/

16. Deman

Deman Member

There are a few minor items that are obscurred by scenery objects and thus hard to come over.

- A piece of steel beneath an equally well hidden crate at the crash site. You'll have to use the drag option to get it.

- A fuel canister in the Vendigroth ruins, again beneath a crate/chest.

- A bucket of Monroe's cleaner behind the bar counter in the inn in Stillwater. I guess that this placement was intentionally though.

On another note, I'm pretty sure that I also managed to get my hands on that pile of gold near Bolo's altar. Don't recall how though.

17. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

Did you mean the 2000 gold at Kerlin's Altar?

As for objects hidden under containers, there's also the Mechanical Dagger under Mrs Cameron's chest. Can't miss that one. :wink:

Say, does anyone know how Ginka Root and Kadura Stem is placed on the world map? I thought that perhaps those items were part of random encounters, but one time when I stopped in the middle of nowhere I found two Ginka Root waiting for me. Maybe it would be possible to go looking for herbs by just walking a short distance before stopping and having a look around?

18. Jojobobo

Indeed it is, that's how I get the majority of mine - just set some sort of crazy zig-zagging path and hit the button that starts and stops your travels on the world map repeatedly. This strategy only works in forested regions however, in other regions you get different herbs (e.g. mushrooms and marigolds in the plains).

19. Deman

Deman Member

Yeah Kerlin's altar it was. I just checked my old savegame and the money is indeed gone. I did manage to somehow place a follower behind the stone wall, who then picked up the money for me. Haven't been able to replicate this.
    At first I tried to enter the enclosed area by attempting the trick which is normally used to enter Tula without permission. Didn't work for me then nor now.

20. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

Did you have so many followers that they couldn't all fit around you on your side of the wall? I know that if you go into turn based combat mode and then run far enough away the followers will be teleported to your location, all at the same time. But when I tried it a few times just now, none of the followers decided to step into the enclosed area. I only got the usual flickering when two or more followers remained in the same tile.

And stopping on the world map anywhere near Kerlin's Altar will just suck you right to it, so I'm not surprised that trying to get 'accidentally' dropped in that tiny, enclosed area wouldn't work.

Our Host!