OKAY, throw your outlandish charachter ideas at me

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Spoffler, Jul 3, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Klaz

Klaz New Member

A jack of all trades, he must have a doctorate in at least one technological discipline and must master at least one spell school too.

2. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

Which can be easily countered by Dweomer Shield. I have yet to hear of a decent counter to the Anaesthisizer though. As far as I know, there is no way to reduce fatigue damage, but then again, I never tried out the technological or magical fatigue limiters. Do those reduce fatigue damage taken from attacks and/or spellcasting?

3. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 New Member

Some outlandish character ideas:

1: A Dwarven Archmagus.
    2: A (female) elf technologist/gunner with an elephant gun.
    3: A clone of Virgil named Ligriv
    4: A well-spoken, well-heeled half-Orc/Half-Ogre gentleman-pacifist
    5: A gnomish psychopath who's goal it is to kill everyone and everything in Arcanum and beyond.
    6: A creeping-death ninja, who considers it a personal failure to be seen, even by the shopkeeper he is doing bisuness with in broad daylight.
    7: A true Thief, whose goal it is to steal everything, from everyone. Don't ever spend gold after chargen.
    8: A pure loner, who refuses all offers to party up - violently if nessessary. The only companionship he needs is created/summoned creatures, and her dog.
    9: A batshit-insane random nutter. Roll a d6 (a standard six-sided die) to determine what he does to everyone he meets:
    -1 Kill! Kill! KILL!
    -2 Steal from
    -3 beat unconcious
    -4 Ignore
    -5 Be friendly
    -6 Sex! Sex! SEX!
    10: An arsonist. Of any stripe or size, as long as his or her only true love is fire, and coincidentally, that's his or her only weapon.

4. Klaz

Klaz New Member

:lol: I actually did these:

5. UberLord

UberLord New Member

Dark Elf wrote:
    Admin powers? Maybe because I'm new here, but would you care to elaborate? :???:

6. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 New Member

An admin is a person with moderator powers over the forum - the ability to edit, delete, remove, move, etcetera, other's posts. The admin has additional powers that may be restricted for moderators, such as (and these are the critical ones), the abilities to ban accounts and I.P. Adresses (temporarily or permenantly), the ability to edit others' account information (such as their signature, their profile, etcetera), and so forth and so on.

7. UberLord

UberLord New Member

8. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

DE's harmless...just so long as you keep your hands off of his biscuits.

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Especially if they come from mrnobodie's "cookie dispenser".

10. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

At the moment I'm playing an Elf who is the sweetest guy in the world and wouldnt even think about lieing to anyone or killing anyone even if they're evil... unless it's a dwarf. He absolutely HATES dwarves to the point where he kills them on sight. I ending will hopefully be interesting considering I'm going to kill the whole Black Mountain Clan and Wheel Clan... and Magnus... and Loghair o.o

11. Klaz

Klaz New Member

Monk character: Uses Melee, Dodge, Prowling, Persuasion and Heal. Never uses weapons (And uses disarm to ensure that his opponents do the same), and lawful good to the extreme (Never loses any alignment point).

12. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

He has administration powers over this forum. Thus, he can ban you from it, causing much merriment and enjoyment from the rest of us.

13. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

you're late, philes, the question was already answered.

on a side note, you should probably just consider offending anyone with over 3000 posts a VERY BAD THING.

14. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

OT: Another weird character could be an ascended person, who doesn't carry around ANY item, to avoid making an impact on the overal balance of nature.

Such a character would be forced to become a mage since not carrying anything means that technology clearly can't be done.

15. UberLord

UberLord New Member

Me being a tech junkie, i once played with a retarded character who starts out with 14 intelligence, so all i had to do was spend my first 5 points and he had intelligence of 19, enough to master any schematic.

16. Dark Elf

Media:
    There is a cheat of sorts where you use the Essence of Intellect to boost your IN up to 19 whenever you're about to learn/craft any new schematic. But that feels a bit tacky.

17. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

It just doesn't make sense that technologists would benefit so much from a magickal potion. But they do. :/

I guess a high natural intelligence would only be useful (outside of dialogue) if a technologist is played in a module with enough tech components to build stuff, but with no Essence of Intellect potions.

18. Dark Elf

Media:
    I wonder why it doesn't work like some of the other magick potions, with effects depending on the aptitude of the imbiber? An oversight, probably.

19. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

I felt sorry killing the half-ogre monkey trainer, even though he was like evil -30. I'd like to go back and use the "cheats" to be either a monkey trainer or a bunny trainer. That is have them as permanent followers who attack your enemies with you. Someone said there's a "Vorpal Bunny" that's really powerful, but I don't think the bunny in the cave was that one, eh?

20. Dark Elf

Media:
    There's a Nature spell, Succour Beast or somesuch (for your interest, the Stillwater Blade is enchanted with that very spell). Give it a fully loaded Magickal Aptitude and you've got the groove going right there.

Our Host!