Ok, three questions: black nec., followers, and Magnus

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by bryant1380, Nov 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Does using black necromantic spells decrease alignment? (It DOES say evil...)

Will amount of followers ever increase? (Mine is at two, I'm level 10 char.)

Lastly, Magnus, before I entered Schuyler and Sons, told me he wouldn't join me because I was too green. When I emerged from the store, after talking to Mr. P. Schuyler's ghost, I didn't tell Magnus what the ghost had said when Magnus asked me. Now, when I try to talk to Magnus, all I can say to him is good day... Please tell me I haven't lost my chance to include him in my group.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bryant1380 on 2001-11-08 16:20 ]</font>

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

when you increase cha. you get more slots, and with expert in persuaion you get 1 slot extra and in mastery unlimited. I yes I also think you missed the chance to get Magnus -the weiner

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Dang!!! How did I miss him? By not telling him about P. Schuyler and Sons? .... Oh, yeah and do you think he's worth starting over for? (My followers now are Virgil the Virgin, of course, and that drunk Sogg Mead Mugg.) :smile:

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

you can keep him for a comic relief, but sometimes he gets so badly on yer nerves that not only you want him dead but you kill him yourself

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

01) No
    02) Yes
    03) Magnus hates it when you don't help him kill those people.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You are only level 10, it's not hard to get where you're at at the moment. I think using Harm actually does decrease your alignment...

7. LPhoenix

LPhoenix New Member

RE : Ok, three questions: black nec., followers, and Magnus

No, using black necromancy does not decrease your rep. Killing ppl that do not attack you, giving rude replies or bullying ppl around will however decrease your rep. Also pickpocket and lockpick also seam to negatively impact on your rep although not as far as your followers are concerned.

Ammount of followers is raised by itmes (armor in Caladon will increase it by one) by becoming a Expert in Persuasion ( you gain another one this way) some say Master in Persuasion will get you unlimited followers although I didn't find that to be true, albeit that could also have been caused by alignment issues. Last but not least raising CH (Charisma) will also increase your max follower count, the increase is not even. The DOG (Worthless Mutt initially) does not count towards your total followers and so you can always get him, provided you save him. NOTE: Dog will seriously reduce the dificulty of the game has he really is an amazing melee fighter.

Magnus is level 8, if you want him to join you must be at least level 7 to get him, also you need to have a follower slot available, check previous comments. He wants you to help him with P. Schuyler & Sons, although if you do you have to kill them or Magnus. I found that it is possible to get him after dealing with Schuylers by telling him about whats going on in there. In your case however you can no longer get him unless you have a previous savegame you can go back to. I also find Magnus slightly annoying, but for me it's only slightly. He's defenetly not the best fighter out there but he's not so bad either, and properly equiped can be a huge help. I wouldn't worry too much about followers, you don't even need them to complete the game so just play as you will :smile:

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Whew. Long(ish) post there. I stand corrected I guess.

Guess I'll have to look for that armour, and for that amulet/necklace/whatever it is that also increases your followers.

How high can you increase a statistic given the proper items and blessings? I mean, how far past the maximum?

9. exhile

exhile New Member

i know the jewel of hebe found in the tarant panarii temple will raise charisma 1 point and beauty 2 (i think)...this can be effective especially if you have luggard bloodstone using auto scheme...because his max followers will increase by 1....as for armour what kind was that exactly???

10. LPhoenix

LPhoenix New Member

RE : Ok, three questions: black nec., followers, and Magnus

Sorry for the long post, I tend to get carried away.

There's a ring that you get for completing one of the master quests, haggling I think, that will raise your charisma to 20 (at least it did in my case but I allready had 18), this would help with followers if one unloads from this master earlier on (not sure if it's possible).

The armor I mentioned above I got from one of the Caladon's thiefs quests, funny thing is the second time I tried to do this quest (under 1.0.7 patch) I couldn't find the armor but it might just have been me. It's some kind of paladin armor, can't remember the name off-hand but it's probably listed in Terra-Arcanum quests section.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LPhoenix on 2001-11-09 20:53 ]</font>

11. exhile

exhile New Member

i stole that ring once and it didn't do anything to my character...maybe it was before a patch or just the charater i was using...i will have to try that armour though...

12. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Level 6. Always two level short.

Our Host!