Nuclear Winter Nights

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by GrimmHatter, Nov 30, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Anyone here still play Never Winter Nights?
    This mod for it seems worthy of mention, though whether it comes to fruition or not is a wait-and-see endeavor.

Regardless, it got me wondering how challenging it would be to make an Arcanum mod for NWN, given the fantasy aspects already found in the game. I'm curious how efficiently D&D rules could be applied to an Arcanum game world in a cRPG format.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Mod looks cool. If it reaches completion I might even install NWN1 again.

As for an Arcanum mod made in Aurora... you basically have all the races there already (except for half-ogres, guess you could script a subrace and hook it to half-orcs or something). I guess there are already mods for the firearms, which saves a lot of work... what will be difficult to implement though, is the whole magick/technology conflict, seeing as every class except Fighter and Rogue gets at least a slew of spells to play around with, and there's also this whole issue of tech crafting... I guess it all boils down to whether the classes are hardcoded or not.

3. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

Ha! Knights wielding crossbows? When was that in Fallout. This mod has done a pretty commendable job.

How do you think a D2 mod of arcanum would fare?

Our Host!