Nuclear Weapons: Not as effective as advertised!

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by DarkUnderlord, Jan 16, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

• Your nuclear attack against soldiers of allah was a success. soldiers of allah lost 526 defending soldiers, 4 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 61.601 miles of land, 150.00 infrastructure, and 1/4 of their aircraft force. In addition to these losses soldiers of allah will experience many days of economic devastation in their nation.
    I thought it was supposed to take out all their soldiers. Turns out it doesn't. He had about 1,500 troops when I launched, so it only seems to do 1/3 troop losses. Mind you that 150 infrastructure damage was nice.

2. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

well, maybe it was a fault, exchange 50 infra for 1/3of theesoldiers?:p

3. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

A neutral alliance using nuclear weapons in the middle of GW2? Great idea!!!

4. DarkUnderlord

Hey, if you attack us, I do whatever it takes to defend the Grey Council. If that means you're in range of our members with nuclear weapons, then you should expect that they're going to get used.

5. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Notice it said "526 defending soldiers" -- I suspect the other 1000 were deployed. At least that's the only explanation I can think of, unless admin's been fiddling around again.

6. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

I doubt it. Still it is a good tactic if you know you are going to be nuked, deploy them all. Then again your population happyness will still go down dramatically.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You'll plunge into anarchy regardless. Better have some deployed soldiers you could call home to restore order.

Any wars I should know of? I hate going to the GC forums.

8. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Well a few new members in war and JC Zim was attacked, until DU fixed the guy with a nuke. Why don't you like visiting the board?

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Because there's something with the myriad of subforums that makes me itch.

10. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

DU, I'm not going to try and delude myself into thinking that you'll do whatever I say, so I'll just make these 2 requests and hope you follow through on them.

1. Don't mention TA on the GC forums ever again.

2. The fact that you did launch a nuke can't be changed, but given that it wasn't as effective as you thought it'd be anyway and given the fact that you've pissed off a lot of people could you please not launch anymore without prior consent?

11. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

In fact, don't ever mention Arcanum on GC, TA is too easy to find.

12. mathboy

mathboy New Member

13. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

DU, seriously, this is not good, I realize that the charter says you can do a lot of stuff, but it also says you can not be in a war unless attacked or appointed to do so by the FM, and in both cases you are under the FMs command. I don't expect you to do as I say, but I hope that you'll consider it, and not launch any more nukes unless you have the FMs consent.

14. DarkUnderlord

That's an interesting point. I hadn't thought of that. As Telcontar said, that'd mean it's always a good idea to have forces deployed just in case.

I can assure you Vorak, that neither of those will ever be a problem on the GC forums again.

Page 6 of the "JC Zim's been attacked" thread in DoD. I had a go at Maximus, he came back with "well how come you're not a diplomat" and I replied with a remark that I'd declined Vorak's offer back on Terra-Arcanum when he was stacking the GC with TA members. I figured if I was going to go down as the bad guy and get Court Martialled, I'd at least taint the leadership as less than holy while I was at it. Vorak's edited it out now though.

15. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

To be honest, my heart sank as soon as I saw that on the GC forums.
    However, I also knew that I had no formal place in the Grey Council and it would be reasonably difficult to prove I ever came here...well, short of screenshots.
    Now, however, the question remains as to how many of the senior members saw the part about TA, and if they did, will they leave and turn against us?

16. Vorak

We didn't break any GC laws, I just recruited you all while I was Censor and I then asked you all to vote for me as Chairman. Basically the HoL is just a political party within the GC, if they don't like us they can wait till the next election and do something about it but they have no legal grounds to depose us. Besides which if they did try it I'd consider it an act of civil war and react accordingly.

EDIT

DU's sanity, not as defective as advertised! :D

17. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Maybe I should try to locate my country and finally emigrate to the Greylands just to shore up the HoL voting block, then? Just give me the word, and I'll do it.

18. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Did anyone notice what DU said? And did they say anything about it?

19. Vorak

20. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yeah...but a few other members posted after what DU said, and I saw it in the thread. So they must have seen it.

Our Host!