NPC Inventory

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by PeeCee, Sep 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hi.

I finally got the editor to work, without to much problems.

My question is, how do choose what npc's should wear? The starting location for the main character will be in a small hut. The owner of his hut will tell the player where to go to reach the nearest city. But I also want the npc to wear clothes and maybe have some othe rstuff in his inventory.

Whenever I choose to create a NPC he/´she is nude, and there isn't any option to add items to them. The rogram says that they aren't containers and that I should choose a container first. There are a few NPC that are redy made, but they are not standard NPC. (They are either mages, soldiers, shopkeepers and such) I want a normal fisherman as the owner of the hut where the player starts. He should be wearing some standard villagers clothes and have a few coins on him as well as a few other items. I can select Adventure pack, but that would include bow, coins and other stuff. I also think that the adventure pack is for, well adventures and not common NPC's.

I hope I am making some sence, cos when I read what I wrote I get confused.

/PeeCee

2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

To place an item in an NPC's inventory you creat an item, and then drag it to the squares at the Npc's feet. I'm pretty sure they will auto equip it. If I remember correctly you can specify items for the npc to equip and have the rest fall into its inventory.

I just found out how to creat houses and kill npc's. Soon I shall be scripting and have pie for everyone!

Muhahahahahahahahaha!

Wait! Giving pie to all doesn't need an evil laugh, does it? Maybe I should make up a good laugh...

Te-he-te-he-te-he...

I'll stick with the evil laugh...

3. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Thanks. I will try that.

About the pie, maybe if it is blood-pie? That would be kind of evil.

I have another question.
    I have been doing the wolrd map. Placing out mountains, forests, swamps and what not. As well as the coty locations. I have done this on one map. After reading some posts I realize that since there is no worldmap travel, and my map is big, I have been doing it wrong.

Is the proper way to do different maps for the various towns and locatiosn and then connect them with portals, trains and boats?

How have you done it? Maybe I should start smaller, but then again I ham having so much fun doing it.

/PeeCee

4. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

For the big maps put trains, boats, portals, or maybe even a blimp for travel. If you want you could probaly have a trail that if you clicked on it could transport you instantly to a location like a cave.

I haven't made any cities, been to busy with the game, but I'll probaly release a map or two.

As for the blood pie, thats just wrong...

5. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

I guess your right. Blood pie, yech!!

I have been forced to start over since everything failed. I couldn't get the mod to start for a test run, and I have tried everything. Getting the proper location and putting it in the right file. Making the town and such, but no luck. I will start from scratch and see if I succeed better this time.

/PeeCee

Our Host!