No masterwork guisarme?!

Discussion in 'ToEE Hints & Tips' started by Dragoon, Jan 9, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I just started playing from the start as I didn't like my previous party development paths. Anyway this time instead of Glaive I chose to specialize in Guisarme so I wanted to get a masterwork one to upgrade it later on. Unfortunately something is wrong for when I try to purchase it from Otis MasterWrork Battle Axe appears in my inventory instead of a guisarme. This looks really bad as I have already reached the Temple. Can someone help me? I can edit files if I knew what to change. Or perhaps someone knows where in the game is a MasterWork Guisarme? I have both the 1.1 officia patch and the Co8 2.0 patch installed.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    In terms of gameplay, this is one of the major drawbacks of ToEE - the masterwork items, or rather the lack of them. It's truly a bitch that while one of the most worthwile feats that exist in the game requires those items, they are near-impossible to come by in most cases.

Still, I think I've owned a masterwork guisarme. In the first level of the temple masterwork weapons appear randomly in barrels. If you're lucky, you may get one from there.

Other than that, there's the Co8 patch, which will stock the smith in Hommlet will all masterwork items. :)

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Dammit, I don't have a savegame prior to entering temple. :(

You didn't read my post to the end did you? :) I have the patch installed and problem is when I buy mw buisarme, mw battle axe appears in my inv.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Please show mercy! :cry:

Well, if you don't have any savegame prior to the temple, and if nobody can direct you to the files you want to fiddle with here, I suggest that you take a look at the Atari boards. I personally dislike them, but the chance is bigger that someone around there knows what to be done than here.

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I didn't want to register, well I did after all, albeit not without tedious "we don't accept free email addressess" shit.

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Toyed a while with protos.tab file and solved the problem myself. :)

7. blturner99

blturner99 New Member

If you want a magical guisarme, get a character who can craft magic arms and armor and a character who can cast either magic weapon or greater magic weapon. What you want to do is cast (greater) magic weapon, that will add the normal guisarme to the craft list. Add as many +'s as you can, then add a non enhancement bonus tag, such as keen or flaming, then hit create. That will make the guisarme magical permanently.

8. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Good workaround, man. Thanks! Nobody flame him for the gravedig. That was useful! I don't care how dead the thread was.

Our Host!