New Ship's Cabin & Cargo Hold Mod

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Sinbad, Jul 6, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

I have a new and improved Ship's Cabin and Cargo Hold mod that I am going to be releasing shortly along with a patch that incorporates all of the various fixes and hacks that seem to be the most commonly chosen, but condensed into two dat files and a few scr files. The Cabin has plenty of storage spaces to organize pretty much anything you could want and there is more storage in the Cargo Hold below deck. Each has a separate, logical entrance instead of using the ship's wheel dialogue, but I have also modified the ship's wheel dialogue to allow you to go anywhere a ship can go once you own a ship. DO read the warning in the ReadMe file concerning that if you get this mod. I hope to have it available by the end of the month, depending on whether the site coordinators will put it up where it can be downloaded.

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I can put it up here. E-mail it to me: darkunderlord@terra-arcanum.com

Make sure the title of the e-mail is something like "Sinbads Cargo Hold Module". I get a lot of crap sent to that e-mail account (SPAM).

3. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

I am happy to see that my mod is now available for download in the Hacks section and that a few people have already downloaded it. However, I forgot to include a couple of fixes and credits in my readme file for the mod, so I'll do that here and now.

Chris Beddoes deserves credit for a large number of those additional backgrounds, but there are actually 4 of those that are mine. DKoepp definitely deserves credit and thanks for help in understanding proto files or I never would have learned how to create one that works. If there is anyone else whom I failed to credit, it was an oversight and I apologize.

I included my own fix to the Heinrick Jenks dialog bug which crashed
    the game if you killed him at certain points in the dialog. (I had to flowchart all of the various Jenks dialogs to isolate and eliminate this one completely.) I believe that I have fixed the bug that caused the game to crash if you tried to search the body of the Maug warehouse guard with the key after killing him in certain conditions.

Sinbad

Our Host!