Need help...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FluffyLittleRabbit, Dec 6, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Okay, I dont know what happened, but now whenever I travel the world map, my game just crash and return me to the windows screen. It hasnt happened before. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

To help, can I ask a few questions?

• What operating system do you use?
    • What graphics/sound card do you have?
    • At which point were you in the game before the problem started happening? AND
      • Have you successfully got past that point in previous games?
      • Have you tried going back to older saves?
    • Have you installed any new software or hardware recently?

If you are feeling patient, you may want to try finding the answer yourself at the Sierra tech support knowledge base

3. FluffyLittleRabbit

Man thanks for much for referring me to the Technical Support. Anyway, Arcanum has ran fine on my computer for about 1 and a half month, didnt crash when I entered world map. I could travel as far and as long and didnt crash. It crashed only just now, always when I open world map. When I teleport nothing happens, but now I cant explore new locations. You know the problem?

4. FluffyLittleRabbit

Okay, I figured, it must be the crappy new cd drive. I went to look at my Arcanum CD, and wow, saw so many damn scatches. I figured it must be made by the cd drive cause it always screeches so loud, that I thought it was from the TV. When Arcanum 1st crashed, I heard an extremely loud screeching noise and thought it was the TV. When it crashed, the screeching stopped. Quite a coincidence, eh? Same for Starcraft. I've played Starcraft from 1998 to 2001, 3 years. When I changed the cd drive, troubles started. Okay, Terran.wav, Zerg.wav, Protoss.wav, ALL CORRUPTED. Always crashes when on the internet, corrupted, corrupted, it must be 100 files corrupted. Wtf??? I looked at the disk too, scratches. Okay, Im fed up with this cd drive, gonna change it. Im gonna tosh it hard when the new one is in place. Oh yea, maybe you may wonder why did I change cd drive in the first place. Well, the old one, after 3 years(or 4), started having trouble reading disks. I had to restart the computer everytime I need to use another disk. No big deal, but my father insisted it changed, therefore the new one. At first, I thought wow, it was cool, with cd copying ability. Now its crap. Oh well, if it isnt the cd drive at fault, and you know whats the fault, plz tell me ok? Thanks again.

5. Just a guy

Just a guy New Member

6. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

i have the "cure all" for Arcanum bugs:
    you should re-install the game!
    re-install it as many times as needed untill all the bugs are fixed.
    (it worked for me)

Our Host!