Need advice on technological weapons

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by FluffyLittleRabbit, Dec 29, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Well, I'm thinking of creating a dwarven technologist but wondering what kind of technological weapons should I use- Technological Melee Weapons, Guns, or any others. You see, I've finished the game only as a mage and I played as a technologist only as far to Tarant so I dont know whether Smithy weapons or Gun Smithy weapons deals more damage at the end, so experienced players plz post here.

2. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

definitely the gunsmithy tech tree . deals out loadza damage and the bullets arent that hard to come by , only a bit expensive @ the start of the game .

3. RobWakeman

RobWakeman New Member

I love explosives. The materials are so plentiful

4. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Pyrotechnic Axe. Found schematic needs 20 Smithing and 8 Explosives. Components are a Featherweight Axe and 1 unit of Fuel.

Does 1-12 DMG, 1-9 FT plus 30-50 Fire Damage. Base speed is only 5 so its slow but doesn't really matter with the amount of damage it does.

5. EntarDagroth

EntarDagroth New Member

Good Guns

The Looking-Glass Rifle is excellent ,huge amounts of damage at a safe distance.Melee fighters will cowered in terror clutching their primordially primative weapons while I rain death upon them from afar.:wink:The Fine revolver is also an excellent short range pistol,very fast 17 i think.BTW what is the Auto-Loading chamber used for?

6. Odi

Odi New Member

I have enjoyed high tech melee, firearm, and bomb chucker. With explosives I had to still develope melee or firearm though.

The green spitting flamer was a nice gun Brolin gun or something); but went through too much fuel so I kept it as a backup. The elephant gun deals out fine damage; but is quick to draw attention. The advantage with ranged weapon mastery is you can dispatch most monsters before they can get a punch in.

For the fun of it, I prefer a hightech melee fighter. Half Ogres perhaps too easy and with the int potions you can still max training and create any toy. Using a Gnome was a challenge.

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I was doing great with Gunsmithy weapons (Long Range Rifle and Tesla Gun) until final fight in which my weapons didn't do a lot of damage. The best weapon in that fight was Pyrotechnic Axe wielded by Magnus, however I didn't try Flamer so it might e even better. Personally I think that a Gunslinger in Arcaum will give you most fun&challenge.

8. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Gunsmithy all the way. Get the Bullets schematic and then get the Mechanized Gun or Levered Machine Gun. Or, get the Fuel schematic and then get the Bronwick's Gun. Mirthil is avalible in the back room of the Junk Shop in Dernholm. Unfourtuately, Bronwicks drains lots of fuel quickly and isnt avalible till late in the game on the Isle of Despair. But the damage it deals is plenty worth it.

Our Host!