Nature Reactions (Charm Beast & Animal Scent)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by symban, Jan 22, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. symban

symban New Member

I wanted to confirm this. When I use animal scent on PC, unless I make followers to wait, beasts (which would normally attack me) will pass me and attack my followers (so unless I waste one scent on all followers I have to make them wait behind).

For charm animal, there is a save vs. spell I believe. as after recast some beasts may turn green which didnt in first attempt. But is this related with MA ?

moreover when tested on a lvl1 char charm beast soothed wolves and boars in crash site long enough for me AND Virgil to pass them peacefully. Yet when I tried my techno (85 TA) use that in BMC mines (I dislike unnecessary vilonce) I found that I didnt have enough supply of Scents and needed to have my followers to pass with me. So sacrificed one point and got charm beast. The thing is they seem to turn green *for a moment* then attack my followers.

Is this related with my TA being high, their magical resistance shortening the duration of spell (therefore making it useless also for magick chars), some problem with my followers? (Magnus not washing his beard maybe, or Dog the Worthless Mutt taunting them) I found that I had to kill them sadly. Any explanation or advise to help me succeed pass peacefully (other than wasting one scent on each member) please?

Our Host!