My idea of a car for Arcanum 2!

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by stormwell55, Mar 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

I was just thinking that for Arcanum 2 they could have an auotmobile like in Fallout 2! I have already thought up an example shown below;

'THE WONDER OF THE MODERN AGE COMES THE TRANSPORTATION DEVICE!

Just combine a miniature steam engine, large gears and a common cart together and you get the Transportation Device! This machine will allow the user to travel across the wastes much more quicker AND to be able to get around any city without having to fight their way through the crowd. Order now and get the following items FREE! Horn, evening pipe holder and a maverous rotating auto firing gun!'

So what are your thoughts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please note that the last sentance was just a little joke! You don't really got a horn, a evening pipe holder or a maverous rotating auto firing gun! Thou it would be nice if you did! :)

2. Delkatani

Delkatani New Member

oooooo..... me likes.... BUT it seems sort of wierd at the same time... I mean if you want to get in a shop you have to get out, get back in and repeat, yadayada.... I dunno it just seems rather unnatural. If they did find a way to use cars in Arcanum 2 they'd HAVE to be like Model T's and really old versions like that, to stick with the theme.

3. Draconix

Draconix New Member

Well if it was me, I would expand Arcanums World a little bit more than just limited areas. A use of a car like Steamwell said would be cool, but what about when ya wanna cross the sea? What if they gave you a choice to either have someone take you or you learn how to drive a boat and fight creatures in the sea and as you learn and fight to the place ya wanna go, you start off as a sailor and work your way to Captain or Admiral. Flying planes...same idea goes. Arcanum is great in many ways but also has many downs, there are unlimited ideas that it can run with.

4. Phatose

Phatose New Member

You want cars? Sheesh man, they haven't even invented the horse yet.

besides, doesn't the vendigroth ending show a vehicle that looks like the automobile. Somehow, I suspect the return of vendigroth will mean a lot of changes for the world.

5. backstabber

backstabber New Member

6. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Cars would be really useful but with the benefits come the not-so-benefits: pollution, breakdowns and wreckless driving which leads to automobile accidents. :/

7. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I'm hard pressed to figure out the point of having a car. You don't need one in cities, and it really doesn't take that long to travel places.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I agree with Snow. Besides, I think it would take away from the setting if you added cars.

9. Canis

Canis New Member

Vendigroth Risen has cars, or at least some sort of technologickal, personal transportation device. I don't see any real need for the player to own one though.

If you go to Vendigroth, perhaps you could have the chance to take a cab within the city as an alternative to the Metro, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be much point.

10. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

That would be cool.

Here's an idea: instead of creating cars, how about you can make some sort of Theraputics elixer which increases all of you bodily functions by a factor of 10. This increased muscle preformence would allow you to move extreamly fast and your ever-so-much-faster braind would bea able to see obstacles approaching and keep you from running into walls at 150 mph. Waddaya think?

11. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Snowmane, could you ban him before he gets any more 'great' ideas? :lol:

12. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

lol, i think he may have been on some sort of 'theraputic' when he came up with that. :lol:

13. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Sorry, Sorry.

That wasn't the best idea. These ideas just pop into my head some times. Just trying to avoid pollution.

(Though I could really do with something theraputic. I HATE finals week.)

14. backstabber

backstabber New Member

but after its effects wear off you will have incredible muscle aches

15. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The oxygen debt alone will cripple you after 10 seconds or so, even for the best athlete and no muscle would function for a good half an hour after that so you'll be paralysed. Plus, the amount of lactic acid accumulated in oxygen debt would actually dissolve the muscle tissue. :lol:

In addition to this, if you started to run from a standstill the acceleration involved would pulp all soft tissues in the body, like the lungs, brain, liver etc. and every bone would suffer major stress fractures. In other words, if you were to use a standing start then you'd collapse after a couple of seconds into a puddle of broken goo and die a horrible, agonisingly slow death where your insides would liquify and dribble out of your various orifices. :eek:

Let's face it. I don't think it was meant for it's realism.

16. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Okay, how about just having some sort of personnel teleporter (though thats a bit far out even for Arcanum). Alternatively wearing some sort of airtight fast-occupant-healing magic suit of armour or the technologcal equivalent?

17. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

What's so wrong with plain old walking?

18. Canis

Canis New Member

It's just not whiz-bang enough for some people. They think a game will be infinitely kewler if you can have an AWESOME GADGET that does a MIND-BLOWING ANIMATION with sound effects that make you go WHOA, as opposed to just clicking on the goddamn map ferchrissakes.

I know, let's take some manpower away from the writing staff to make it happen. High-five.

19. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Like, c00l d00d, I gotta get me one of those!!!!1

How the hell did you get 239 more posts than me so fast? Damn, you're good. I bow down to your abilities.

20. Canis

Canis New Member

By the power of Greyskull, I Have The Power To Spam.

Actually, I have my rabbits confined in a sweatshop, churning out useless posts all day long for me. Amazing what you can get a bun to do for radish leaves.

Regards,
    Ozzy the black-n-white Rex.

Our Host!