Most obscure character

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Zanza, Apr 21, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I play female characters all the time. Usually more dialogue and side quests open up for female characters.

Currently on a new play through as a human monk. Going to balance magic and tech and forgo any non-hand to hand weapons and all armor.

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

What game?

I usually play both genders, if I can manage it. I think my Arcanum female died on the Isle of Despair, and since I lacked a backup save, I just gave up.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

My latest character just died on the Isle of Despair, kind of a coincidence really. His name was Lord Henry Godalming, a very charismatic fellow who played the entire game till his unfortunate demise, completely drunk! The poor fellow never did get over the zeppelin crash, has been drowning his sorrows ever since. Rest in peace old friend, rest in peace.

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Perpetually drunk? Neat! I bet you needed to carry a lot of wine, eh?

5. General Mandible

General Mandible New Member

A lot of great ideas for characters here, and in the threads like it. I actually made the Sold Your Soul one with the wooden ring. People didn't like him much, for some reason. Another good idea was the half-ogre with throw and dodge and then get those big boulders or the elven tombstone.

I just made a really ugly, unappealing character, just to see people's reaction. Everyone hated poor Hideous Maximus, they nearly attacked him on sight.

I also made a blind monk (Perception 1, I cheated) but it wasn't all that fun to only be able to see the small area around you.

6. DarkFool

Toss in a suit and rapier, and that's an awesome character! :)

7. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

But of course dear sir, he even had a fine revolver at one point but being too drunk and not having any proficiency for the weapon he scarred himself, I like to think think he shot himself in the foot.

8. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Sounds like one of the characters I'm trying now that my monk died. (Choosing to attack the mayor to collect the taxes wasn't such a good idea at level 7...)

Human male. Inheritance background. Has a fine revolver, rapier, smoking jacket for the city, suede jacket for combat, and a fine pair of elven boots (and various accessories that don't really add anything stat-wise). At least he's found his way to Tarant. Now I just need to get him a hunting rifle and a faithful dog to complete the gentlemanly ensemble.

9. DarkFool

I think at this point you need to get him addicted to snus.

10. General Mandible

Arcanum sort of lacks the ability to become addicted, like Fallout had. I'd love to slip people some cocaine (from coca leaves) a couple of times and then soon after see them in the Boil or near the docks, all strung out.

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

12. General Mandible

Twisted? Oh no, you must have my scientific curiosity confused with cruelty. I merely want to study those people as it is only the late 1800's and not much is known about drugs and their effects.

...but I suppose it would be sort of fun to follow Magnus' fall from proud dwarf to crazed street robber, all because of a little of what he thought to be snuff.

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I knew it! I knew it! One of us! One of us! Gobble gobble gobble gobble ONE OF US!

14. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Perhaps we should bring some of these Obscure characters into a Roleplay Story. I can only imagine the dialogue I would need for Lord Godalming.

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Oh god. My medic, she was shy. As in, rarely says more than three words in a row shy.

... DO IT! START A THREAD!

16. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Need to think about a setting etc before I start something, or is it fine to start a discussion thread to get the ball rolling?

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I'd actually think that in this case, a discussion thread might be most effective.

18. General Mandible

I think it would be pretty fun to read the conversations all those characters would have.

19. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

Male dwarf mage. There's a thread around here somewhere with it. Ironman I think. That's the weirdest I've completed the game with. The weirdest game I ever played would have been when I test how far the bare minimum could get you (lets call it Noodleman in order to go with Ironman), You purposely make the weakest character and try to solo the game.

20. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The weakest solo character would not make it past the elven Molochean Hand thug while leaving the Crash Site. Bam, game over.

Our Host!