Most obscure character

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Zanza, Apr 21, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

So what is the most obscure character type you have ever completed the game with? Mine was Zanza the bare fist half-elf, man did he have to carry a lot of potions for the final fight. I tried to play a charisma type character with the barbarian background, made for interesting conversations when he walked around in dread armor commenting on the delights of tea.

2. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

The one I had the most fun with was the Elven Technomancer. High levels of Electrical, decent Smith and Theraputics, with just a touch of explosives for molotovs. Started with a decent throwing skill. Eventually (thanks to god blessings) was able to master melee, dodge, and firearms for a really fun elf. It was a pain in the ass though running back and forth to pick up the books I needed to make some of the higher level stuff...

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Yeah I could imagine the books would be a pain, do you complete all the blessings each game? I think out of the many years of playing I only ever actually did them all once.

4. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Depends on the character I want. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

[edit] deleted the double post

How the hell did the double post happen? This forum is so odd compared to others I have been on over the years.

6. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

7. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    No so much double as duplicate.
    Magikot saved him from the double.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

You should master throwing, and use the technology books as weapons.

9. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

That's a darn good idea, considering they're heavier than fucking boulders.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Obscure... I had a half-orc diplomat once. She was fun. I've also played a half-elf gunslinger, who made me exceptionally happy.

11. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I had a raised in the pits Half Elf fighter who used nothing but a rusty axe for the entire game.

12. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

13. Skyfish

Skyfish New Member

This isn't obscure per se, but it was interesting for me:

She was an elven pacifist named Ju Li with one and only one kill: Vincent. Ju Li forced herself to kill him because there was no other way to seal the demon, and ignoring the problem would have caused further suffering and death. In the process of ending Vincent's life, she gave herself a scar, which marred her otherwise-impeccable beauty. This was so poetically appropriate that i ended the game there and then, considering her tale complete (main quest be damned!).

14. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Very nice story, but it must of been an effort to get that far without a kill, or did you classify kills only as humanoids?

15. Skyfish

Skyfish New Member

She used Charm Beast to soothe aggressive animals, and Stun plus two quick feet to bypass hostile monsters and people. The hardest part was probably Hardin's Pass. She managed to seal Liam's gate by running like mad, but i would not have looked forward to The Void!

16. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

It would of been quite the epic journey to dodge all the way to the top and then realise you were unable to convince old mate to kark it. Should really be finishing off my seminar due tomorrow on the Chauvet Caves but I feel compelled to share some more experiences.

Whoever said nature would win in the struggle of nature and nurture obviously never ran into Milton Finkleburg, the sheltered child who rose up to be the single strongest halfling of all time, the old chap could arm wrestle an ogre, if he could ever get his elbow on the table.

17. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Posts like this do nothing but remind me that i need to finish this game. I keep re-making characters and never finishing.

More on topic, my favorite character was a half-orc magickal fighter. I forced myself to only support spells (nothing direct damage) and melee. I remember really playing up the orcish temper thing. I was basically a huge jerk the entire game with him. That dude was a beast, I didn't even need followers.

18. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I hereby declare that Philes must finish the game as a female half-orc debutanté. BE 20 is a must.

I actually find the idea strangely arousing.

19. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I think it'd be funnier if it were somehow possible to have half-ogre females.

20. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Our Host!