More shopping!

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Shadygrove, Aug 31, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I want more shopping. Little almost useless stuff. Like Elven Dancing Shoes, +1 DX DR 1 5HP. Or Gum Soled Shoes, less noise.

More suit & dress colors & styles. Ladies fancy hats. Other men's hats. NPC reaction rules that make it worthwile to dress everyone for town & dress down for places like the boil. Ugly ties.

I want dusters & Stetsons & horses & Bates Steamers. I want to be able to use two handguns & carry them standard or cross draw.

I want to be able to enlist in Maxim's Caladon Air Corps.

Non lethal cops who will arrest you & throw you into jail & drag you off to a hilarious courtroom scene.

I want to help Liana DelPar restore Max to the throne.

And I. V. cafiene for when it comes out.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

yeah, i was hopin i would get a chance to help reinstall max on the throne. Put some steel into the false king and his "advisors"

3. Sauron

Sauron New Member

that would be very cool. but if you wear dread armor people will call you a 'wild man' beacuse alot of you shows.

4. xento

xento New Member

I agree with the cops. On alot of games, they say "Throw down your weapons!" and "Come peacefully!", but on all games, they just attack you and don't give you a change to "Come peacefully." They really should add that.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Yeah, it would be interesting trying to break out of jail. You could play to your abilities. If you are persuasive try and talk your way out, if you are a thief lockpick your way out, and if you are more combat oriented kill the guard and take the keys.

6. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

GTA 3 has you lose all your weapons and respawn at the police station.

Morrowind has you turn yourself in and pay a fine to have your crime stricken from the books.

I think either would be interesting... although both would need adaptation for the Arcanum world.

7. xento

xento New Member

Hmm.... I think they would take all your weapons, but they would put them in a chest just outside your cell so you could get them again. Also, the ways to get out would be:
    1) Pay a fine (ammount depends on the crime)
    2) Steal keys (a guard will occasionally roam the aisle in front of your cell, you can pick-pocket him when he walks by for the key)
    3) Kill the guard (yell insults at the roaming guard, until he gets mad and lets you out to kill you)
    4) Persuassion (convince roaming guard that you are innocent, so he lets you out)
    5) Hide (hide in the shadows when the guard walks by, he will think you escaped and run in to stop you, when he is in, run out)
    6) Cast domonate will (you can tell the guard to unlock the door and let you out)
    7) Bell ringer (make bell ringer and throw it out your cell (through one of the bars, of course), and the guard will go to see what it is. Then, you can break down the door and leave?)
    8 ) Pick lock (pick the lock and leave)
    9) Special spell/schematic? (maybe, somewhere, you could find a schematic/spell that would a) spell: turn the metal bars into water or b) technology: dissolve the bars with acid)

How does this sound? If you start a killing spree, you will be thrown in jail the first time, the second time you will be tortured, and then put in jail, and the third time, they will attack you.

Our Host!