More info on Fallout 3.

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dragoon, Sep 19, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

<a href="http://www.gameinformer.com/default.htm">Game Informer</a> has posted an article about Fallout 3.

<blockquote>Last month it was announced that Bethesda had acquried the Fallout license from Interplay, and the company has confirmed that that Fallout 3 will follow The Elder Scrolls IV as a new next-generation title. While only in preproduction stages at the moment, the game will use the same technology as Oblivion, and is planned as another open-ended roleplaying game. This game however, will be decidedly darker. Imagine a survival horror-esque version of the Fallout world, with all the things you expect out of the series still intact, but with deeper, more immersive gameplay. The post-apoc theme (with tongue in cheek humor) of the series is still present, with your character having spent the first 20 years of his life living underground. Because of this, his eyes are unaccustomed to the light of day, thus <u>players will have to train their eyes away from light sensitivity by using a special pair of goggles.</u> Todd Howard claims that Fallout 3 will be one of the most original and violent titles ever and will be set in a familiar US city.</blockquote>

Vault Dweller from RPGCodex came up with an interesting question to this article: "What kind of view would support the light sensitivity feature?"

One can only hope he's wrong.

As for my feelings about all this, I certainly hope that the "will be set in a familiar US city" doesn't mean "will be limited to a familiar US city".

Source: <a href="www.rpgcodex.com">RPGCodex</a>

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Oh yay. A "Light Sensitivity" score OMG. d00d I left the computer on all night wearing the goggles and gained 15,000 points in my LS!!11! I can now look directly at the sun OMG!!11

Our Host!